Rich Text DataWindow

Can you give me any help?  With PowerBuilder 6.5 a rich text datawindow
shows up when running from PowerBuilder, but it does not when running an
Exe.  The datawindow is in a PBR file.

Thanks,
Leo

LeoAngorin@LoanWare.com

0
Johnny

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Rich Text Datawindows
I would like to know if anyone has used Rich text Datawindows on Reports. I have a report where in I have to show some Rich Text as part of the Report. The Problem is, this reportt is pretty huge and I have to use it as a Nested Report. PowerBuilder has the limitation of not allowing a RichText Datawindow as the part of the nested datawindow. I have to do two print jobs one for the report and one for the Rich Text and this is not acceptable as they want the rich Text Information to be stored on the same page as the report data. I would like to know if there is any work around for...

rich text datawindow
Hi everyone, PB7/PB8 -- W2K PB7/PB8 Rich Text datawindow doesn't offer database columns editing with ease. Is there a way to edit it easier? Or is there a third party tool that permits editing as easy as "government steals people's money"? If so, can it be part of a composite report? Thanks! kt ...

Why does an rich text datawindow print after another datawindow even when sent to the printer first?
I am opening a print job with PrintOpen(), and then printing 3 datawindows with PrintDatawindow. The first is a regular datawindow, the second is a richtext datawindow and the third is a regular datawindow. The rich text datawindow always gets printed last. Has anyone else run across this? Is there anything I can do? ...

rich text datawindow
Hi everyone, PB7/PB8 -- W2K PB7/PB8 Rich Text datawindow doesn't offer database columns editing with ease. Is there a way to edit it easier? Or is there a third party tool that permits editing as easy as "government steals people's money"? If so, can it be part of a composite report? Thanks! kt ...

Rich Text editor conponent to format rich text
Hi we want to format rich text in a memo with the bold , underline , fonts ect. with basic functions like wordpad. A VCL component for now but later something that will work with firemonkey to format text. There are a few component out there but they cost more than half the price of Delphi. Is there a basic component out there that can do that and not hundreds of other things as well that we have to pay for that we don't need. WE got XE4 and want to start all new developments with that and fire monkey where posible, but for now we still use VCL because there still need to develop com...

storing rich text in a database
Hey folks, Just a quick question to ask what is the best field to store the data held in a rich text box/control. Just want to make sure that i get it right first time you know. Not sure about the amount of characters that needs held but its going to be quite a lot as this field shall contain most of my pages content. Appreciate any help Thanks Turklad nvarchar() if total characters less than 4000, varchar() if less than 8000, text or ntext otherwise.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog I'm not sure if nvarchar() is a good deal to use. ...

Printing a Rich Text datawindow
When I print one of my rich text datawindows, occasionally for some lines, the lines are printed past the left margin of the page and sometimes the lines are printed left justified with no margins. This problem someitmes never occurs but when it does it occurs in 1 in every 10 documents. My print driver is up to date and I do not think it is a resource issue. Any suggestions? ...

Rich Text DataWindow #2
Hello, i am quite new in Power Builder world so be gentle. I am trying to create a rich text datawindow, in order to give to the user the option to customize a report the way he/she wants (formating etc). The problem is that on preview the dw works just fine. It fetches the data from the database and shows them correctly. But when it comes to the print preview the thing doesn't get to work. I have checked my sql too many times. I am using the .Retrieve method to load data onto the report. Additional to that when i close the rich edit print preview an re-retrieve data the PB crashe...

PowerBuilder Rich Text Control
Hello group, I have a problem.... I am trying to save the contents of a rich text control in an sqlserver table through jaguar. The problem is with a specific text column. Sql Server "sees" that column as text whereas in powerbuilder i see that column as char(32767). When the update statement executes then jaguar reports the following error: ******************************************************* **** EAS SERVER 4.2 (ERROR LOG) ********* ******************************************************* Sep 22 14:27:51 2003: Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (10434) ...

Rich Text datawindow #3
Hi, I'm a novice to Rich Text datawindow. I just used a datawindow that lets user enter/modify comments. When I retrieve the datawindow and select any part of the comment to modify or change it, the whole comment starts flashing and I can't enter/modify part of the comment. I want to handle comment as a part of text document i.e. add/modify/delete part or whole comment. Can I do that using richtext datawindow style. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks. Junaid Siddiqui letsconnect@hotmail.com We use a method of pasting and copying to and from a RichTextEdit 'c...

Rich Text Edit Datawindow
I have a requirement whereby letters need to be generated and sent out which contain data from the database, as well as the content of the letter (form letter). I'm thinking of using Rich Text datawindows to accomplish this. The main issue I'm struggling with is that the data for a given letter may have master/detail relationships. For example, a letter may be sent to a company which includes company related data (i.e Name, address...etc.), but may also contain a list of zero to many employees. I thought perhaps that I could use a nested datawindow for this, but that option...

copying from rich text datawindow
Hi All, I am trying to copy only the contents from a RTF datawindow. copyrtf() function returns the data and the formatting. I don't want the formatting. Is there anyway that I can get just the text from RTF datawindow. Thanks in Advance Bala. I am sure that standard dot notation (dw.object.column[row]) or describe would return just the data and not the formatting. Bala Krish wrote: > > Hi All, > > I am trying to copy only the contents from a RTF datawindow. copyrtf() > function returns the data and the formatting. I don't want the > f...

Web resources about - Rich Text DataWindow - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo