RE-post; problems with INSERT into Interbase database

I have to read and insert rows in a Interbase database (driver "Data
Direct ODBC for Interbase", IVINT21.DLL version 5.10.00.44).

I am able to select rows from the database. Insert is not a problem also
when I use hard coded values like:
INSERT INTO table_x (keyfield, column_1, columns_2) VALUES (1, 'test',
'test2');

But when I use parameters like:
INSERT INTO table_x (keyfield, column_1, column_2) VALUES (:ll_key,
:ls_col1, :ls_col2) ;

I am not able to insert rows, the driver returns a not very hulpfull
error 'Table not found'.

I have tried to set DisableBind=1 but that seems not to work, no
different behavior.

Does anybody have any idea what I have to do?
1. Do something with the PBODB115.INI (we use PB 11.5.1)...?
2. Another database driver?
3. ...?

Tia
Hans
0
Hans

Problem solved.

In my script I used statemetents like:
INSERT INTO "table_x" ("keyfield", "column_1", ...) VALUES (:ll_key,
:ls_col, ....);

I just got the database of the customer and saw that the columns and
table names were in Uppercase. Because I surrounded the fields with a
double quote PowerBuilder/ODBC did not accept the SQL statement.

Two working solutions:
1. remove the double qoutes
2. use uppercase cilumn and table names.

Hans Groeneveld schreef:
> I have to read and insert rows in a Interbase database (driver "Data
> Direct ODBC for Interbase", IVINT21.DLL version 5.10.00.44).
>
> I am able to select rows from the database. Insert is not a problem also
> when I use hard coded values like:
> INSERT INTO table_x (keyfield, column_1, columns_2) VALUES (1, 'test',
> 'test2');
>
> But when I use parameters like:
> INSERT INTO table_x (keyfield, column_1, column_2) VALUES (:ll_key,
> :ls_col1, :ls_col2) ;
>
> I am not able to insert rows, the driver returns a not very hulpfull
> error 'Table not found'.
>
> I have tried to set DisableBind=1 but that seems not to work, no
> different behavior.
>
> Does anybody have any idea what I have to do?
> 1. Do something with the PBODB115.INI (we use PB 11.5.1)...?
> 2. Another database driver?
> 3. ...?
>
> Tia
> Hans
0
Hans

multiple database Insertions in database
Hi guys, I want to insert multiple records in database. Actually, I have checkbox which have Text and ID behind them, and they are located inside a repeater control. Can anyone send me steps or code to insert these records in database. should I use transaction ?  Thanks in advance.  If the multiple records form a logical whole then you should use a transaction. Transaction are best confined to the scope of a single stored procedure. Transactions in your calling code are a recipe for high complexity.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that help...

Database link problem database painter
Converted app from PB 6.5 to PB 7.03 Build 10077. Same behavior on PB 8 Build 7039. Datawindows with Oracle database (8.1.7) links work correctly. However, if the datawindow syntax is modified the error "Database Error:" is returned in the database painter. Note: I have converted to syntax. If I create a new datawindow from scratch that uses a database link, it works correctly. Basically, if a change has to be made to an existing datawindow, it must be totally recreated. This is different behavior that PB 6.5. Any workarounds? Thanks, Kirk ...

Refreshing page after post to database without re-post
I am inserting values into a SQL Server database table and after I perform the insert. I am clearing the fields for the next insert but if the user hits the Refresh button or F5, I get the pop-up window that asks me if I want to post to the server again. I don't want to try to refresh the data and insert the same data again. I just want to refresh the page so that I can update a tablegrid with data from the database. I have tried using Page.IsPostBack but that doesn't work. Does anyone have an idea how to do the refresh? Thanks i think that after insert you can redirect user to...

insert into database problem
hi , i have two table table 1 contain the ID and the Table 2 contain the ID and other details && there is check constraint that the ID be in Table 1 before inserting into Table 1 so my problem i made stored procedure that insert new record but i have to error check constraint how can i made this insert Before writing insert statement for Table2, check if that id is in table1   declare int @cnt select @cnt = count(*) from Table1 where id = @id if @cnt>0 begin        insert into Table2 endIf this answered your question, please ma...

insert into database problem
hi , i have two table table 1 contain the ID and the Table 2 contain the ID and other details && there is check constraint that the ID be in Table 1 before inserting into Table 1 so my problem i made stored procedure that insert new record but i have to error check constraint how can i made this insert  If there is a constraint - you must have the key in the 2nd table before eneting it to the first one...unless you allow nulls..."Please mark post as answer if I helped you" yes but i don't need key from table one i have one key but i wanna insert it...

Problems inserting into database :(
Hello everyone,  I am having some problems inserting some data into a database - I have been stuck on this almost all day now and I'm almost pulling my hair out! I'm quite new to ASP.net and have been thrown in the deep end with this assignment... And advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.   Protected Sub CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser1(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CreateUserWizard1.CreatedUser 'Assign new user to role of Applicant Roles.AddUserToRole(CreateUserWizard1.UserName, "Applicant"...

Database insert problem
I am new to ASP.NET and am writing a simple ASP.NET photo album application that uses SQL Server 2005 Express for storing the image information. On one .aspx page of the app, I have a DataList control that displays the images and contains buttons on each item that the user can click to edit each image's information. I use a SQLDataAdapter to make the update and it works fine on both the dev machine and on the server that is hosting both the application and the database. I also have a page that allows the user to upload a photo, but the insert only works on my developement machine ...

RE: Insert into database
Hey, I am making a lottery website and i am trying to enter the winners into its own individual table. I have the following code so far: This check_numbers.aspx page is showing the winners of the CURRENT draw. Can you please tell me how to insert the winners into the winners table? The winners table has the following fields: win_id - AutoNumber lottery_id - id of the draw in which the user had won - set as text member_usr_id - id of the user = set as text num1 - text num2 - text num3 - text num4 - text num5 - text num6 - text The lottery_id is taken from th...

database insert problems
can anyone tell me what is wrong with this code for trying to insert records into a database? I get the following error: Exception Details: System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list. Source Error: Line 309: Line 310: cnNewClaim.Open() Line 311: cmdInsert.ExecuteNonQuery() Line 312: cnNewClaim.Close() Line 313: Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MTU2\NewClaim.aspx.vb Line: 311 MY CODE: Private Sub lnkSaveClaim_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ...

Database INSERT problems
I am trying to insert in a SQL database using the following command:OleDbCommand objCmd = new OleDbCommand(string.Format("INSERT INTO MEMBER (MEMBER_ID, PASSWORD) VALUES ('{0}', '{1}')", txtJangee.Text, txtPassword.Text), objConn); when i run the code i get the following error:The statement has been terminated.Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'LAST_NAME', table 'master.dbo.MEMBER'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.However I am not attempting to insert anything into the LAST_NAME column, could anyone give me any insight into what...

problems for insert a database
hi, all my problem is: i can see the tables but i can�t insert data and catalog tables no habilitate i use database:postgresql with ODBC driver powerbuilder 6.5 PFC library what i do? In order to insert data using the database painter, you need to have primary keys defined on the tables. If PB does not find primary key definitions, you will not be able to issue an update statement from the PB database painter. If you create your own DW, you can specify the update properties for the DW, and then if you specify a primary key definition in that DW, PB w...

inserting data to text file from database and inserting data back to database from text file
Hello friends.... I am looking for 2 things(using c#.net or vb.net and sql svr 2000) 1.convert data from sql server 2000 database (say customers table from northwinds database) to a text file(separated by commas or just plain space) 2.Insert the data from text file back to database. Can someone pls give me the detailed code to achieve this....really need this on urgent basis.......Thank You.Gurjeet,England As for detailed code, I won't give you :P however I can tell you one way of doing this (there are multiple ways).The way I'd do it would be simple:Retrieve the information fr...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

ASA database problem with PB Database Painter
Hi all, In "EAS Demo DBV105" database I am creating new table successful. But problem is that I am not able to insert any data to table ? In result section of database painter, on right click "Insert Row" , "delete row" all option are in active so I am not able to insert row. Please help me PowerBuilder won't let you insert a row into a table that doesn't have a primary key defined on it. Create the primary key, and then you should be fine. On 27 Jan 2007 09:37:27 -0700, "M" <cs99cs1@hotmail.com> wrote: >H...

Web resources about - RE-post; problems with INSERT into Interbase database - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Multiversion concurrency control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For instance, a database will implement updates not by deleting an old piece of data and overwriting it with a new one, but instead by marking ...

Open core is not open source
Julie Bort of Networkworld.com has an interview with Mårten Mickos of Eucalyptus , formerly of MySQL. In MySQL times it seemed (to me at least) ...

Almico's Home Page
... my interests and soon. I use to program using Delphi. Anyway: several projects of mine are developedunder Linux using PHP, PostgreSQL, Interbase ...

Sun balances acquisition, innovation
Sun Microsystems tries to make clear at its two-day annual analyst conference that innovation paysyet much of the company's biggest plans today ...

Free Trials - Embarcadero Technologies

Phillipe Kahn
Phillipe Kahn

license-discuss@opensource.org: Threads for May 2005
... May 2005 [2] unsubscribe me [3] Open Software License [3] unsubscribe me please [7] Re: License Wizard [5] For thoughts: fair license [1] InterBase ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

DB-Engines Ranking - popularity ranking of database management systems
English Deutsch Knowledge Base of Relational and NoSQL Database Management Systems provided by solid IT Home - DB-Engines Ranking - Systems - ...

DBF Commander Version History
History of DBF Commander - new DBF tools, DBF editor improvements, and bug fixes