Problems with PB 6.5 an MS SQL server 7.0

--------------0750141F83AAE38789D43ED0

I use PB 6.5 Eterprise, build 444 and MS SQL Server 7.0
First after installing new *.dll's from EBF 620, i could connect
to the database. But I have som problem getting data from the database.

From my code:

is_navn = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_navn.Text)) + "%", 34)
is_fornavn = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_fornavn.Text)) + "%", 34)
is_adresse = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_adresse.Text)) + "%", 34)
is_postnr = Left(Trim(sle_postnr.Text) + "%", 4)
is_poststed = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_poststed.Text)) + "%", 28)
is_land = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_land.Text)) + "%", 23)
is_kontohaver_id = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_kontohaver_id.Text)) + "%", 11)
is_kontonr = Left(Trim(sle_kontonr.Text) + "%", 12)

DECLARE lc_prospect CURSOR FOR
SELECT t0322.kontohaver_id, t0322.navn1, t0322.navn2, t0322.adr1,
         t0322.adr2, t0322.postnr, t0322.poststed, t0322.landkode
FROM t0322
WHERE t0322.kontohaver_id like :is_kontohaver_id
and	t0322.navn1    like :is_navn
and   	t0322.navn2    like :is_fornavn
and 	t0322.adr1     like :is_adresse
and   	t0322.postnr   like :is_postnr
and   	t0322.poststed like :is_poststed
and   	t0322.landkode like :is_land;

OPEN lc_prospect;
Do
	FETCH lc_prospect INTO :ls_kth_id, :ls_navn, :ls_fornavn, 				:ls_adr1,
:ls_adr2, :ls_postnr, :ls_poststed, :ls_land;
	if not (Sqlca.SqlCode = 100 Or Sqlca.SqlCode < 0) then
		blablabla
	end if
Loop Until Sqlca.SqlCode = 100 Or Sqlca.SqlCode < 0
CLOSE lc_prospect;

Why do this give me SQLCODE 100 when it is someting in the tabel,
and i KNOW i've search for the right ting.

Any help appreciated.

Severin Torgersen
--------------0750141F83AAE38789D43ED0

begin:vcard
n:Torgersen;Severin Hall
tel;pager:N/A
tel;cell:N/A
tel;fax:22635200
tel;home:22293662
tel;work:22635285
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.vps.no
org:Verdipapirsentralen;Utsteder og Fond
version:2.1
email;internet:sev@vps.no
title:Systemutvikler
note:Bday: 200770
adr;quoted-printable:;;Haslevangen 15=0D=0APostboks 6570=0D=0A0501 Oslo;Oslo;;;Norwau
fn:Severin Hall Torgersen
end:vcard

--------------0750141F83AAE38789D43ED0--

0
Severin

Severin,

Have you tried to trace the SQL being sent by PB to the database ? You can
do this by adding 'Trace ' before the DBMS name, then connecting your
transaction object to the database. This will then write all future SQL to a
log file, and you can then run that SQL using ISQL and see what result you
get. This may help bring the problem to light.

HTH

Sanjiv Das [TeamSybase]

"Severin Hall Torgersen" <sev@privat.vps.no> wrote in message
> I use PB 6.5 Eterprise, build 444 and MS SQL Server 7.0
> First after installing new *.dll's from EBF 620, i could connect
> to the database. But I have som problem getting data from the database.
>
> From my code:
>
> is_navn = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_navn.Text)) + "%", 34)
> is_fornavn = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_fornavn.Text)) + "%", 34)
> is_adresse = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_adresse.Text)) + "%", 34)
> is_postnr = Left(Trim(sle_postnr.Text) + "%", 4)
> is_poststed = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_poststed.Text)) + "%", 28)
> is_land = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_land.Text)) + "%", 23)
> is_kontohaver_id = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_kontohaver_id.Text)) + "%", 11)
> is_kontonr = Left(Trim(sle_kontonr.Text) + "%", 12)
>
> DECLARE lc_prospect CURSOR FOR
> SELECT t0322.kontohaver_id, t0322.navn1, t0322.navn2, t0322.adr1,
>          t0322.adr2, t0322.postnr, t0322.poststed, t0322.landkode
> FROM t0322
> WHERE t0322.kontohaver_id like :is_kontohaver_id
> and t0322.navn1    like :is_navn
> and   t0322.navn2    like :is_fornavn
> and t0322.adr1     like :is_adresse
> and   t0322.postnr   like :is_postnr
> and   t0322.poststed like :is_poststed
> and   t0322.landkode like :is_land;
>
> OPEN lc_prospect;
> Do
> FETCH lc_prospect INTO :ls_kth_id, :ls_navn, :ls_fornavn, :ls_adr1,
> :ls_adr2, :ls_postnr, :ls_poststed, :ls_land;
> if not (Sqlca.SqlCode = 100 Or Sqlca.SqlCode < 0) then
> blablabla
> end if
> Loop Until Sqlca.SqlCode = 100 Or Sqlca.SqlCode < 0
> CLOSE lc_prospect;
>
> Why do this give me SQLCODE 100 when it is someting in the tabel,
> and i KNOW i've search for the right ting.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Severin Torgersen

0
forums
--------------15503B2ACC69787362FE5419

I did not understand fully how to trace my sql sent to the database.
Could you spesify more??

Thanks.

"forums.sybase.com" wrote:

> Severin,
>
> Have you tried to trace the SQL being sent by PB to the database ? You can
> do this by adding 'Trace ' before the DBMS name, then connecting your
> transaction object to the database. This will then write all future SQL to a
> log file, and you can then run that SQL using ISQL and see what result you
> get. This may help bring the problem to light.
>
> HTH
>
> Sanjiv Das [TeamSybase]
--------------15503B2ACC69787362FE5419

begin:vcard
n:Torgersen;Severin Hall
tel;pager:N/A
tel;cell:N/A
tel;fax:22635200
tel;home:22293662
tel;work:22635285
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.vps.no
org:Verdipapirsentralen;Utsteder og Fond
version:2.1
email;internet:sev@vps.no
title:Systemutvikler
note:Bday: 200770
adr;quoted-printable:;;Haslevangen 15=0D=0APostboks 6570=0D=0A0501 Oslo;Oslo;;;Norwau
fn:Severin Hall Torgersen
end:vcard

--------------15503B2ACC69787362FE5419--

0
Severin
10/11/1999 9:13:48 AM
just to make sure you are using SQLCA for your cursor add the
"USING SQLCA" statement at the end of cursor declaration.
Further - in the blablablabla part - are you sure you are not accessing the
database again ? This will reset the SQLCA.SQLCode.....
good luck
rafael
P.S.: to trace sql calls use "Profiler" which comes with MS SQL 7.0...

Severin Hall Torgersen wrote in message <37FCF66A.7E8B0FAF@privat.vps.no>...
>I use PB 6.5 Eterprise, build 444 and MS SQL Server 7.0
>First after installing new *.dll's from EBF 620, i could connect
>to the database. But I have som problem getting data from the database.
>
>From my code:
>
>is_navn = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_navn.Text)) + "%", 34)
>is_fornavn = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_fornavn.Text)) + "%", 34)
>is_adresse = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_adresse.Text)) + "%", 34)
>is_postnr = Left(Trim(sle_postnr.Text) + "%", 4)
>is_poststed = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_poststed.Text)) + "%", 28)
>is_land = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_land.Text)) + "%", 23)
>is_kontohaver_id = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_kontohaver_id.Text)) + "%", 11)
>is_kontonr = Left(Trim(sle_kontonr.Text) + "%", 12)
>
>DECLARE lc_prospect CURSOR FOR
>SELECT t0322.kontohaver_id, t0322.navn1, t0322.navn2, t0322.adr1,
>         t0322.adr2, t0322.postnr, t0322.poststed, t0322.landkode
>FROM t0322
>WHERE t0322.kontohaver_id like :is_kontohaver_id
>and t0322.navn1    like :is_navn
>and   t0322.navn2    like :is_fornavn
>and t0322.adr1     like :is_adresse
>and   t0322.postnr   like :is_postnr
>and   t0322.poststed like :is_poststed
>and   t0322.landkode like :is_land;
>
>OPEN lc_prospect;
>Do
> FETCH lc_prospect INTO :ls_kth_id, :ls_navn, :ls_fornavn, :ls_adr1,
>:ls_adr2, :ls_postnr, :ls_poststed, :ls_land;
> if not (Sqlca.SqlCode = 100 Or Sqlca.SqlCode < 0) then
> blablabla
> end if
>Loop Until Sqlca.SqlCode = 100 Or Sqlca.SqlCode < 0
>CLOSE lc_prospect;
>
>Why do this give me SQLCODE 100 when it is someting in the tabel,
>and i KNOW i've search for the right ting.
>
>Any help appreciated.
>
>Severin Torgersen

0
Rafael

Problems with PB 6.5.1 and MS SQL Server 7.0
I just started working with MSSS 7.0 and immediately ran into problems. I am not comfortable with the work-arounds, so if anyone can give me a better way to solve these problems, I am listening. 1) I get an ODBC 22008 error from my imbedded sql. The pbtrace.log shows datetime values with a 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mi:ss.ffffff' format. MS SQL Server can only handle three decimals. So, I changed the PBDateTime setting in the pbodb60.ini file to 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mi:ss.fff'. Problem circumvented. 2) I get an ODBC 37000 error from my imbedded sql. The pbtrace.log shows datatime bin...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

PB 7.0 App Having Login Problems with 6.5 MS SQL Servers
Hello all. I am at a total loss for this problem. Here is my configuration: I have two MS SQL Server's with version 6.5 installed. One server has SP 3 and the other SP 5. My PB app, which is in 7.0, is trying to connect to a seperate database on each server. On server # 1 (sp 3) is a central database and on server # 2 (sp 5) is a "local" database that would be at my remote branches. In my test, it is on my local backbone and I am have the same problem locally as when I come across the WAN. I am getting the following error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Dr...

Datetime problem w/ PB 6.5.1 and MS SQL Server 7.0
I am trying to convert a PB 6.5.1 Application to a MS SQL Server 7.0 DB using ODBC. I am getting an error message when trying to insert any datetime fields into the DB. The error is: Error Code: 241,0 Error Description SQLSTATE = 22008 "Syntax error converting datetime from character string" The value in the datetime field that appears to be passed from the DW is... {ts '2001-05-18 00:00:00.000000'} Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Derek Based on the value, it appears to be a timestamp rather than a datetime. Try running a trac...

PB 7.0.1
Hi, I just found a solution for correcting the memory leak in 7.0.1, when connecting to MS SQL Server 6.5. May be this is already fixed in the latest releases. I just want to share this in case it's useful to any of you guys. When you connect to the MS SQL Server 6.5 database, be sure to have atleast something in your DBParm attribute of the DBProfile (or SQLCA transaction object at runtime). For example (SQLCA.DBParm = "AppName='IRIS',Host='ZNF9'"). In development time in the DBProfile dialog under "Network" tabpage Enter something i...

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

PB 6.5, MS SQL Server 7.0 and MS Access 97
Since we installed MS SQL Server 7.0 (which updated our Data Access Drivers), we are no longer able to reference Access 97 from PowerBuilder. I get an error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range Any idea what might be going on? Thanks, Cliff Different ODBC drivers are not compatible. There is an updated ODBC patch for PB 6.5 on the SDN, that might solve your problem. Else you'll probably have to reinstall Access 97 (and risk braking SQL Server 7). -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Cliff Koehler wrote in message <3Cb...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 6.51 -> MS SQL Server 6.5/7.0 DBProcess Dead
I have an app that is connecting two servers and doing data movement back and forth between the two. I am getting a DBProcess is dead message. Any suggestions. I have noticed that the machines are on the same hub but have wildly different TCP/IP addresses ( one is something like 170.1... the other 50.29... ). Any suggestions on things to look for? I am pretty sure it's network problems but I don't know what to look for. P.S. - It's the first install at a customer site were trying to do so any help would be appreciated ASAP!!!! Thanks again! ...

PB 6.5/7.0 to SQL Server 7.0
Hi everybody, I hope someboby can help me. 1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native=20 drivers? 2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can=B4= t=20 use it due to: - The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible = using more than one transcction object. - It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that= =20 i can't develop. Thanks in advanced. Ulises Gomez RCI Mexico ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com 1. Upgrade to 6.5.1 2. Which version/build of PB7?...

Web resources about - Problems with PB 6.5 an MS SQL server 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

More to Slater & Gordon's problems than just the UK
As Slater &amp; Gordon comes under increasing pressure, questions are being asked when the company's problems actually began.

This one app could solve your most frustrating home Wi-Fi problems
So you've just set up your home Wi-Fi network but for some reason you're having trouble getting your PC to connect to the network. It could very ...

This 1-minute visualization on space junk reveals a serious problem
... will completely obliterate a satellite and turn it into hundreds of smaller pieces. As you can imagine, this only exacerbates the problem because, ...

Engine problem sends Virginia-bound plane back to New York
... shortly after takeoff. A spokesman for the FAA says the crew of Commutair Flight 3585 declared an emergency because of an "engine-related problem" ...

IT pros brace for lost devices, access problems, on-call holidays
More than half (56%) of IT pros will be on-call or working during the holidays to troubleshoot tech problems, according to network management ...

Top 11 Problems Plaguing Solar And Wind Power
Wind and solar power will have to resolve these 11 fundamental issues before they can "fix" global warming.

Thanks, Obama. Fewer people have problems paying medical bills.
... In the first half of 2011 through the first half of 2014, approximately one in five persons under age 65 was in a family that had problems ...

Spotify pledges to fix the music industry's royalty problems
Paying artists for streams isn't just Spotify's problem the whole industry is stuck with a royalty model that's better suited for physical sales ...

Financial Stability report: Corporate bad loan problem can be tackled by faster economic revival
Gross Non-Performing Assets ratios of large borrowers among state-run banks increased from 6.1% in March to 8.1% in September 2015