Problems connecting the MS SQL 6.5 after migrating from PB6.5 to PB7.0

After migrating my PFC based PB6.5 application to PB7.0 application, I
cannot connect the deployed EXE program to MS SQL 6.5.  I can connect to the
database before the migration.  If I run the application in PW7.0, I can
connect to the MS SQL 6.5 database without any problem. However it does not
work if I run the deployed program.  By changing the INI file, I can connect
to Sybase SQL 11.5 database but not the MS SQL 6.5.  Please advise if anyone
has faced the same problem and how to solve this problem.

0
Tin

I forgot to state that I am using native drive to connect the the MS SQL 6.5
database.
Tin <tttl1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> After migrating my PFC based PB6.5 application to PB7.0 application, I
> cannot connect the deployed EXE program to MS SQL 6.5.  I can connect to
the
> database before the migration.  If I run the application in PW7.0, I can
> connect to the MS SQL 6.5 database without any problem. However it does
not
> work if I run the deployed program.  By changing the INI file, I can
connect
> to Sybase SQL 11.5 database but not the MS SQL 6.5.  Please advise if
anyone
> has faced the same problem and how to solve this problem.

0
Tin

Problems Connecting to MSSQL 6.5 after migrating from PB6.5 to PB7.0
After migrating my PFC based PB6.5 application to PB7.0 application, I cannot connect the deployed EXE program to MS SQL 6.5. I can connect to the database before the migration. If I run the application in PW7.0, I can connect to the MS SQL 6.5 database without any problem. However it does not work if I run the deployed program. By changing the INI file, I can connect to Sybase SQL 11.5 database but not the MS SQL 6.5. Please advise if anyone has faced the same problem and how to solve this problem. I forgot to state that I am using native drive to connect the the MS SQL 6....

Problems connecting to MSSQL 6.5 after migrating from PB6.5 to PB7.0
After migrating my PFC based PB6.5 application to PB7.0 application, I cannot connect the deployed EXE program to MS SQL 6.5 using native drive. I can connect to the database before the migration. If I run the application in PW7.0, I can connect to the MS SQL 6.5 database without any problem. However it does not work if I run the deployed program. By changing the INI file, I can connect to Sybase SQL 11.5 database but not the MS SQL 6.5. Please advise if anyone has faced the same problem and how to solve this problem. You're not going crazy. We have a regression in 7.0 t...

Pb6.5 Connecting to SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 Database
Does PB6.5 support SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 database interface, I don't see it when I try to create a database profile in PB6.5 ??. I can create an ODBC database profile though, but i don't want to use ODBC. Thanks Ravi Nath Ravi, SQL Anywhere uses the ODBC interface as native so that's the right way to go. Regards, John Olson [TeamSybase] Developower, Inc. www.developower.com SAS wrote in message ... >Does PB6.5 support SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 database interface, I don't see it >when I try to create >a database profile in PB6.5 ??. >I c...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

Connecting to MS SQL 6.5 through PB 5.0.02
I have set up a MS SQL ODBC connection in ODBC Administrator that has the server name and database name set, the rest is all default. In PB I make a new database profile called 'MS SQL' and set DBMS to 'ODBC'. In the 'Select Data Source' window that comes up I select the ODBC connection I just made on the 'Machine Data Source' tabpage. When I press OK to connect, PB crashes. I am running Win NT Server 4.0 and it has the MS SQL database, client software and PB installed on it. What am I doing wrong? I've tried all sorts of things like setting ...

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

PB6.5 connect MS SQL 2005 using native driver (DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0)
Is it possible PB 6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect MS SQL 2005? The existing application is PB6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect MS SQL 2000. It is work fine. John Hi John; AFAIK .. it should work. The only restrictions would be 1) PB 6.5 will not understand SS2005 functionality. You will be restricted to the SS 6.0 (as you are today with SS2000) feature set. 2) The MSS setting connects using the NTDBLIB.dll from MS. I do not believe that this is supplied with SS2005. So you will need to install the SS20...

PowerBuilder 5.0.01 and MS SQL 6.5 Slowest than ever
I have a program developed in PB 5.0.01 connected to a MS SQL 6.5 databse, i have problems using cursors, i lost some information when i used, using in the DBParm the parameters CursorScroll an CursorLock solve the problem but the time of response is very slow. Have some one of you had the same problem or already worked with those parameters, Thanks in advance. This only onccurs with MS SQL Server , with Sybase, Oracle doesn't. ...

Migration from 5.0.5 to 6.0.3. Problems?
Hi Which problems should I expect during such a migration?. Regards R. There should be none. I always recommend an unload / dbinit / reload when upgrading. Why are you going to 6.0.3, when 7.0.3 has been out, and 8.x is soon to be released. -- David Fishburn Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup EBFs http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm Whitepapers http://www.sybase.com/developer/mobile/ CaseXpress - to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com "R" <var@interia....

PowerBuilder 6.5 and MS SQL 7.0 Connection
I'm facing a problem in connecting powerbuilder 6.5 to MS SQL 7.0 on 'Windows ME' when i try to connect to database it creates the connection without giving any error but when i try to see the tables in database painter or anywhere else it does'nt show me the tables and gives me error "SQLSTATE = S1003 [ODBC][SQLSERVER]Program type out of range" i've formatted my hard disk and again installed 'Windows ME' and other required softwares but the problem is still there, any suggessition would be worth for me. Thanks Saqib Sardar What build of...

connection problem from PB 6.5 and MS SQL 7.0
I experience this problem when trying to connect to MS SQL 7.0 from PB development Environment from Database painter. SQLState S1003 Microsoft ODBC Drive Manager PRogram Type out of Range. Your help much appreciated. Upgrade to 6.5.1 Syed <syedibrahim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:UNYhqTUR$GA.191@forums.sybase.com... > I experience this problem when trying to connect to MS SQL 7.0 from PB > development Environment from Database painter. > > SQLState S1003 > Microsoft ODBC Drive Manager PRogram Type out of Range. > > Your help much appr...

Connection problem with PowerBuilder 5.0.02 to MS SQL 7
Hello, I am having a problem connecting PowerBuilder 5.0.02 to MS SQL 7. The application connects fine. The problem is when I try to create a new datawindow with a stored procedure on SQL 7. I can view all the names of the stored procedures but I can't see any of the code. I am using the odbc driver 3.07.08.20 . When I try to look at the stored procedures I get the message 'The database does not currently support retrieval of procedure text.' Everything worked fine in SQL 6.5. any help appreciated, Bruce ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- ht...

Web resources about - Problems connecting the MS SQL 6.5 after migrating from PB6.5 to PB7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...