Problem with dates in MS Access database - regional settings

Hello,

I have application in PB7.0. This application is connected to MS Access 2000
Database:

SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC"
SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=css_td;UID=;PWD=',Date=' \''dd-mm-yyyy\''
',DateTime=' \''dd-mm-yyyy hh:MM:ss\'' ',Time=' \''hh:MM:ss\'' '"

Connection use MS Access Database Driver version 4.0.6200.00

In application, on each fields with dates, there are edit masks with format
'dd-mm-yyyy'.

But there is very big problem with dates during save into database.

If in regional settings on the machine, date format are set to 'dd-mm-yyyy'
everything is OK.

But, in situation with 'yyyy-mm-dd' there is a problem with part 'dd' and
'mm'

Example:

In application user must enter date: .... 05-03-2005

After save, in database will be value    03-05-2005 (exchange month <-> day)

This situation is only for dates when day is lower than 12 (day of month).

Have you any idea how to repair this situation?

Michal

0
Michal

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

how to access other database in this database ?

Ms Access Database Problem
 Hello Friendsi am using ms-acess database in my asp.net with c# application. It is working fine locally. but after upload published website to url. it has some problemMy application fetch data from database. but when i do insert or update opration to database its give error.is there any setting i have to do? or can any body give me solutionThanks in Advaace  You need to grant write access to the folder that the database in for the user account that IIS runs under when executing the asp code, typically IUSR_MACHINE.Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post if it helped you. ...

upload image to MS Access database or SQL database
howto upload image, picture,files or binary into the MS Access database or SQL database? and how to read the image, picture, files or binary from the MS Access or SQL database? Anyone have any idea or sample script?Thanks & Regards--"Don't just always label good or bad about something, always have something is invisible from nude eyesight. " Below link could helps you for your question http://authors.aspalliance.com/das/insertimage.aspxSreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Thank You sreedhark This also http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/fileupload.a...

Problem with MS Access in Database Painter
Ok... having a problem and have no idea what the deal is. I've got an access database that I've connected to in development. Using PB 6.5 and access 97. Powerbuilder is connecting to the database fine. However, it is doubling the length of all access TEXT defined fields. As well... I'm not able to manipulate the table structure (i.e. change a datatype definition of a column) from the database painter. The database doesn't have any restrictions set on it as far as privledges etc. Do I have an outdated driver ?? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks ...

Problems accessing access database
Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. When several users access the access database the second user tries to open you will receive a message that says there is a table that is exclusivly open by another user, so we can not open the document. How to make it work with databases. Is it possible that you are using an 4.90SP1 client? If yes, you should use 4.90SP1a instead -- Marcel (using XanaNews 1.16.1.6) I can resist everything but temptation >Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. Actually 6.5 I suspect. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://sup...

Problem in accessing access database
Hi  I am establishing connection with MS access. MS Access Database is placed in the same directory as the project.Connection string is " "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=testdb.mdb"   But I am getting the error  the file "testdb.mdb" not found   Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with the connection string Regards KaranRegardsKaran GuptaFor .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visithttp://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main Try putting the DB in the APP_Data folder or changing 'testdb.mdb&#...

Problem using MS Access as database
I encountered several problems when I use MS Access as my database:- (1) all decimals are missing when I use pipeline to update the tables, (2) datawindow is incorrectly responsed - e.g. I have modified only one field in my datawindow, PB generated a SQL statement that update all fields in the datawindow, causing relationship error (I have some integrity check built between tables). Would anyone tell me how to cater this ? I am using PB 7.0.3 and connect MS Access 97 database via the newest ODBC driver from Microsoft. Thanks a lot. Thanks a lot. Which subject? -- Simon C...

Need help switching from MS Access database to SQL database
I recently created a form to MS access database web application and it worked fine on my local cpu.  When I published the same web app to my hosting server the program wouldn't work but I couldn't understand.  Well, after researching the matter I found out my hosting server doesn't allow ASP.NET applications that use the aspcompat page directive because of security trust levels.  So, I decided to switch to a SQL database but I can't even test the web application on my local cpu because I get this error "An error has occurred while establishing a connection...

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database
Hello I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me edit data in tables. Configuration is: // Profile access SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogId = "admin" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'" Why I can do this? Thank you. There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the table is not updateable. You can override this in the update ...

Problem with Dates and Access 2000 database
I have a table with a date column (access 2000 database). I have tried to retrieve the information either on the db painter and on the dw painter and the column displays this ??/??/0000 If i try to save a new row i get this error: SQLSTATE =3d 3075 Microsoft JET Database Engine GUID formado incorrectamente. en la expresi=f3n de consulta '{d '1981-01-01' }'. No changes made to database. INSERT INTO Ejecutivos ( nombres, apellidos, ibm, fechaNacimiento, idprofesionmedia, universidad, universidadanio, idpostgrado, postgradouniversidad, postgradoanio, idestad...

Setting permission to a MS Access Database
Hi i want my website to be able to write to a database, but im having problems doing this i think i may need to set up the database so that i can write to it can anyone help please? A Firm Believer that "Young men without dreams are like spring without flowers" Here is a post that extensively talks about these issues. YOu simply need to give the ASPNET user rights to the file, as well as create file rights in the folder (to create an LDB file).Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog Thanks ive given fill permission to the user, which is me ...

Update problem with MS Access database
I am using Formview for inserting and updating database.  I can insert data but I couldn't update.  Can somebody help? <asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="myDs"  DefaultMode="Edit" DataKeyNames="EventID"> <EditItemTemplate> <asp:labeL runat="server" ID="l1" CssClass="calLabel" Width="100px">Title:</asp:labeL> <asp:TextBox ID="Event" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("Title") %>'></a...

Hi, I use login control. My database in an MS access mdb file. How to set the access db to be the provider of the login control?
Hi I'm pretty new to security, so it may be a qstn of a begginer but i hope you'll help. I have an access db, and I use the login control. The login control uses the asp.net sql server as the provider right? but I want it to use my custom access database as the provider/database how can I do it?   Thanks for the help. The login control will use whichever provider is specified in the <Membership> section of your Web.config.  So in order to use your existing database, you'll probably want to create a custom membership provider.  There are lots of e...

Web resources about - Problem with dates in MS Access database - regional settings - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

IDG Contributor Network: Avoiding ginormous transaction logs with SharePoint databases
... why do we see these humongous transaction logs so often? I am going to blame it on a “misunderstanding” of how Microsoft describes a full database ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
... security breach by posts on reddit. Cybersecurity firm REN-ISAC had apparently contacted several university IT departments about a database ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database