PowerBuilder Oracle Driver for Oracle 8.0.4 and 8.0.5

You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native
driver at the following URL
http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html

0
Dan

Has anyone been using this?  Any comments?

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:32:31 -0500,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database
Dan Skibba <skibba@sybase.com> wrote:
>You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native
>driver at the following URL
>http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html

0
Mike
1/4/1999 4:25:10 PM
One of the things you do when you sign up for a beta product is agree to
non-disclosure.....

On Mon, 04 Jan 1999 11:25:10 -0500,
Mike Janger <mjanger@paulo-us.com> wrote:
>Has anyone been using this?  Any comments?
>
>On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:32:31 -0500,
> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database
>Dan Skibba <skibba@sybase.com> wrote:
>>You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native
>>driver at the following URL
>>http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html

Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]                | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html
0
Bruce

Problems with Powerbuilde 8.0.2 and Oracle 8.0.5 Client
Hello all. I have been problems to set up my Power Builder (8.0.2 Build 9506)=20 application to run against Oracle, Client 8.0.5. The fields that was=20 created like DATE in INFORMIX database, doesn=B4t run correctly over Oracle= ,=20 that use only DATETIME data type (native). In datawindow the field is DATE data type, and on Oracle table, this field = is DATETIME. When PB select this field I receive a wrong date. For example,= =20 I save this date (using the same datawindow), "2002-12-05", then when I=20 Retrieve the data, the data looks like this "48/51/1398&qu...

DBD::Oracle (perl 5.8.0, Oracle 8.0.3, DBD-Oracle 1.12, Solaris 8) make problems (fprintf)
The only fprintf warning I googled was at http://archive.develooper.com/dbi-announce@perl.org/msg00081.html Any suggestions appreciated. I'm assuming since the perl Makefile.PL ran clean, I'm using kosher Oracle libraries (binaries worked with Perl 5.6.0). Thanks, Dave S. Appended output of (in order): make output perl Makefile.PL perl -V gcc -v >make gcc -c -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/rdbms/demo -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/rdbms /public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/plsql/public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/net work/public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0....

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Oracle 8.0.5 vs Powerbuilder 5.0.04
Hello People. I need Native database driver of PowerBuilder 5.0.04 to Oracle 8.0.5. Somebody know where i find this. There is only a beta OR8 driver. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Sergio Augusto wrote in message ... >Hello People. > >I need Native database driver of PowerBuilder 5.0.04 to Oracle 8.0.5. > >Somebody know where i find this. > > > > ...

Oracle 8.0.5 with PowerBuilder 5.0.04 (16 bits)
I have a PB 5.0.04 in 16 bits and I try to connect on an Oracle 8.0.05 database on NT Server. I able to connect on this database with PB 5.0.04 in 32 bits with the driver OR8. But I don't able with the driver O73. The message is: "DBMS O73 is not supported in your current installation." I installed SQL*Net2.3.4.02 in client and I add the appropriate driver in PowerBuilder to connect with O73. The file PBO73050.DLL is placed c:\PWRS\SYS in PB 16 bits and is in my path. Does anyone know what is wrong? Thanks, Sylvie There are 32 and 16 bit flavors of SQL...

drivers for oracle 8.0.4.0.0
hi , i am using PB 6.5 and oracle 8.0.4.0.0 as back end the problem is that i am not able to connect to the database there are no drivers. can some one tell me where i can download the exact driver the exact URL will be of great help. can any one please tell me how to install and configure the driver for oracle 8.0.4.0.0 thanks ashok It is available on the SDN: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/search_products.stm?keyword=bug%20informati on -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. ashokpappu wrote in message ... >hi , >i am using PB 6.5 and oracle 8.0.4....

Powerbuilder 8 / Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 error
When I run my PB 8 build 9506 application using Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 client, I get the following error. If I use Oracle 8.0.5 client, it works. Please advise as I need to be on Oracle 8i. Number 3120 Select error: ORA-03120: two-task conversion routine: integer overflow What version of Oracle is the server? Perhaps it's an Oracle bug. On 10 Sep 2003 06:42:55 -0700, Marsha Jacobs wrote: >When I run my PB 8 build 9506 application using Oracle >8.1.7.0.0 client, I get the following error. If I use Oracle >8.0.5 client, it works. Please advise as I need to be on >Oracl...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & Oracle 8.0.5
I am using PowerBuilder 7.0 Enterprise(EA Studio 3.0) with Oracle 8.0.5 using PB 7.0's Native Database interface and through ODBC on Win - NT/Win 98. Now I am facing one serious problem regarding Datawindow. When I try to create Group DW through SQL Select, Datawindow gets created successfully but if I try to change the height of Header/Footer Band then PB immediately crashes displaying "Invalid page fault ..", sometimes PB crashes on moving data elements also. But if I connect to Adaptive Server then it works. I could not make out why this happens. Please help me out M...

UPDATEBLOB in Powerbuilder 7.0.3/ Oracle 8.0.4
I have problems with perfoming ROLLBACK after call to UPDATEBLOB from PowerBuilder 7.0.3 with Orcale 8.0.4. The blob- object in the database is of type BLOB. Autocommit is turned off for the SQLCA-object. When UPDATEBLOB is executed, the ROLLBACK will have no effect, even if ROLLBACK is called at once after call to UPDATEBLOB: UPDATEBLOB blob_table SET blob_field = :iblob_new_blob WHERE blob_nr = :ll_blob_nr USING SQLCA; ROLLBACK USING SQLCA; In other discussions here on Sybase Support, I have read that UPDATEBLOB does not perform COMMIT. If this is true, why does not ROL...

Oracle 8i and PowerBuilder 8.0.4 driver
I'm trying to use the new PB OR8460.dll with PowerBuilder 6.5.1. I can get it to connect to Oracle 8i, but it always crashes with a Dr. Watson. When I reload PB, I am connected just fine. If I try to switch to another connection, the same thing happens. I also seem to have some difficulting getting it to only display the tables in my instance. This also happens on my PB 7.0.1 test set up as well. For now, we're sticking with the PB Oracle 7.3 drivers. Has anyone had any luck using the PB Oracle 8 drivers with Oracle 8i? Paul Lefebvre plefebvre@scc.com Senior...

PowerBuilder 7.0.2 Build 8003 + Oracle 8.0.5
Are there know bugs with PowerBuilder 7.0.2 Build 8003 + Oracle 8.0.5? It seems to be extremely slow (compared to using Oracle 7.3.4) and will gpf on exit about 1/3 of the time. Also if the Build 8003 is unstable what is the stable release we should use? -Greg Definitely upgrade to the C3 (8046) release. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase "Greg Bluntzer" <gbluntzer@assetworks.com> wrote in message news:sIEbUU9JAHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Are there know bugs with...

Powerbuilder 8.0.4 and Oracle 8 Password Expiry error detection
Hi, I have a major problem about Powerbuilder not being able to trap error ORA-28002 which is: Password about to expire in x days. I tried PWExpDialog=1 and PWDialog=1 and all this does is show me a message that my password is about to expire and a Powerbuilder window to change your password if your password has expired. The Powerbuilder change password window does not allow me to change its code. We are in the process of encrypting user passwords so that the user will not know the actual password stored in the database. This will prohibit them from logging in to the database d...

PB 5.0.4 and Oracle 8.0.5
Hello : Does anyone knows whether PowerBuilder 5.0.4 is compatible with Oracle 8.0.5 ? My application is developed using PB 5.0.4, Pro*C and backend database is, at this moment, Oracle 8.0.3. We have plans to upgrade database to Oracle 8.0.5, but do not know whether it will affect our application. Thanks and regards, chuanlip@nagase.com.sg I don't believe you'll see a PB5 driver for Oracle 8. However, the Oracle 7.3 driver works just fine with Oracle 8. On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:47:17 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database LIM CL <CHUANLIP@NAGASE.C...

PowerBuilder 8.0.1 and Oracle O84 database driver
I am experiencing failed datastore retrieves on SQL that has been proven through SQL*Plus and also has been proven using the Oracle ODBC driver through PB. Is any one aware of any known bugs, limitations, or new settings with this O84 driver that could prevent a proven SQL from executing properly? The SQL runs just shy of 6 minutes before it returns the error. This particular SQL is intensive, takes about 6 minutes to complete, and returns around 547 records. Quick queries are successful using the O84 driver. I attempted to switch to the 7.3 native driver, but it is giving me TNS p...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder Oracle Driver for Oracle 8.0.4 and 8.0.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles