PowerBuilder 9.0.1 and MySql 4.0

I am using  the MySql ODBC Driver 3.51 to connect to MySql

I tried to switch my application to MySql, but i have the problem that MySql
got problems with double quotes on table and fieldnames.

e.g. Select "person"."name" from person; would lead to an MySQL Error.

Select person.name from person; is ok

Is there a special connectstring parameter or a MySql parameter which would
solve this problem ?

Thx,

Andreas Eibegger

0
Andreas

Try turning off the delimiter option for the connection.

On 20 Feb 2004 01:24:23 -0800, "Andreas Eibegger"
<andreas.eibegger@andritz.com> wrote:

>I am using  the MySql ODBC Driver 3.51 to connect to MySql
>
>I tried to switch my application to MySql, but i have the problem that MySql
>got problems with double quotes on table and fieldnames.
>
>e.g. Select "person"."name" from person; would lead to an MySQL Error.
>
>Select person.name from person; is ok
>
>Is there a special connectstring parameter or a MySql parameter which would
>solve this problem ?
>
>Thx,
>
>Andreas Eibegger

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Sixth Annual Sybase Tools Seminar - April 19 - Minneapolis, MN
http://www.powerobjects.com/seminar/?source=newsgroups

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce
2/20/2004 1:57:45 PM
Thanks Bruce for the tip,

i tried it, but this would only work for new dw's,

i have a lot of dw's and sql statments in scripts, so i would have to change
it everywhere.

I searched inbetween for a parameter perhaps for the MySql Database, but did
not find one to
change the Field Identifier character, seems that i have to live with this
problem...

Thx,

Andreas

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ch4c30du1jp1vk7rmldm7pjsjqo9ltebrp@4ax.com...
> Try turning off the delimiter option for the connection.
>
> On 20 Feb 2004 01:24:23 -0800, "Andreas Eibegger"
> <andreas.eibegger@andritz.com> wrote:
>
> >I am using  the MySql ODBC Driver 3.51 to connect to MySql
> >
> >I tried to switch my application to MySql, but i have the problem that
MySql
> >got problems with double quotes on table and fieldnames.
> >
> >e.g. Select "person"."name" from person; would lead to an MySQL Error.
> >
> >Select person.name from person; is ok
> >
> >Is there a special connectstring parameter or a MySql parameter which
would
> >solve this problem ?
> >
> >Thx,
> >
> >Andreas Eibegger
> >

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Sixth Annual Sybase Tools Seminar - April 19 - Minneapolis, MN
> http://www.powerobjects.com/seminar/?source=newsgroups
>
> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> ISUG Enhancement Requests
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org

0
Andreas
2/24/2004 12:22:28 PM
Edit the register
  HKLM->Software->ODBC->ODBC.INI->"Your_MYSQL_DSN"->Option

set the value  22592

Without delimiters and DisableBind=1

This is working for me..

Andreas Eibegger wrote:

> Thanks Bruce for the tip,
>
> i tried it, but this would only work for new dw's,
>
> i have a lot of dw's and sql statments in scripts, so i would have to change
> it everywhere.
>
> I searched inbetween for a parameter perhaps for the MySql Database, but did
> not find one to
> change the Field Identifier character, seems that i have to live with this
> problem...
>
> Thx,
>
> Andreas
>
> "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ch4c30du1jp1vk7rmldm7pjsjqo9ltebrp@4ax.com...
>
>>Try turning off the delimiter option for the connection.
>>
>>On 20 Feb 2004 01:24:23 -0800, "Andreas Eibegger"
>><andreas.eibegger@andritz.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I am using  the MySql ODBC Driver 3.51 to connect to MySql
>>>
>>>I tried to switch my application to MySql, but i have the problem that
>
> MySql
>
>>>got problems with double quotes on table and fieldnames.
>>>
>>>e.g. Select "person"."name" from person; would lead to an MySQL Error.
>>>
>>>Select person.name from person; is ok
>>>
>>>Is there a special connectstring parameter or a MySql parameter which
>
> would
>
>>>solve this problem ?
>>>
>>>Thx,
>>>
>>>Andreas Eibegger
>>>

>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>>http://www.teamsybase.com
>>
>>Sixth Annual Sybase Tools Seminar - April 19 - Minneapolis, MN
>>http://www.powerobjects.com/seminar/?source=newsgroups
>>
>>Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
>>http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>>
>>Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
>>http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>>ISUG Enhancement Requests
>>http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>>
>>Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
>
> Assisi
>
>>http://www.needhim.org

0
Fernando

MySQL 4.0 or MySQL 4.1 ? (switching from 4.0 to 4.1 results in problems)
Hi there, I tried to migrate my bugzilla DB from MySQL 4.0 to MySQL 4.1 but I did not work. Unfortunately the data is not displayed anymore. I have worked around the passwd/login problem, ok. Searching also works but if i want to display a bug, all fields are empty. I looked into the 4.1 DB and the data is there, however it is not displayed in the webbrowser... I seems to be related to the problem "Can't find bugs" which was discussed in May this year, but I could not find a solution there. What it the recommendation. Stay to MySQL 4.0 ? (I am on WinXP) t...

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

9.0.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2
My shop is moving to PB9 and is about to deploy with 9.0.0 build 5507. How stable is this runtime environment? I assume 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 are better, but that isn't always the case. I'd like to convince folks here that going out with a .0 release is a bit risky, but I haven't found any issues with 9.0.0 yet that require us to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2. Should I feel comfortable that 9.0.0 is fine, or are there solid reasons to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 that I haven't found yet? I'd go with the 9.0.1 release - the latest EBF. I haven't personally taken 9.0.2 for ...

Upgrading 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Hi, We're looking to upgrade the following setup to ASA/Mobilink 9.0.1: ASE 12.5.2 cons under RedHat AS3 ASA 9.0.0.1252 remotes under Windows Mobile 2003 Mobilink 9.0.0.1252 under RedHatAS3 I've read through the 9.0.1 upgrade documention: What's New in SQL Anywhere Studio --Upading Software and Databases ----Upgrading MobiLink Some things are still unclear to me: 1. When upgrading from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1, must we upgrade the ASA database files? The documentation seems to indicate that this is required when coming from older versions only. Question 2 in a s...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

The Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0
All, I am looking for any information you would have on the Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0. We are scoping out initial effort estimate documents and workplans. thanks- Brian I would start by searching this ng. Many folks have replied to questions regarding migrations from 8 to 9, 7 to 9, 6 to 9 etc. The notes may not answer all your questions but still should give you some valuable insight HTH Greg <Brian Hauss> wrote in message news:40c09b93.4a25.1681692777@sybase.com... > All, > I am looking for any information y...

PowerBuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 9.0.1
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

watcom 4.0 and Powerbuilder 4.0
Is there a conflict between 16 bit odbc and 32 bit odbc running under Win 95? I can't seem to connect to our Watcom SQL 4.0 databases. I get error message "Can't load interface...." What troubleshooting should I be doing? Do I need new ODBC drivers? Thanks Stephane ...

Datawindow's Date argument with PowerBuilder 8.0.1 and Oracle 9i 9.2.0.1
Hi, there: Does anybody know how to pass datetime type data from client side to server side in the datawindow? Can anybody recommend a good book about how PowerBuilder deals with Oracle, datawindow, embedded SQL? Thanks in advance. PB DateTime data type corresponds to the Oracle Date type. You can set a DateTime variable using constants, or use the Date function to make a Date from mm, dd, yy and DateTime function to convert it. What are you not finding in the PB help and online books? "sybase.working" <sybase.working@yahoomail.com> wrote in message news:eYB...

No Timezone Selectable using TB 2.0.22, Contacts Sidebar 0.7.1 , Lightning 0.9 & Ubuntu 9.0.4
Hi, In several new TB 2.0.22, I noticed that you can not select the TimeZone. I'm Using the following add-ons for Linux: Contacts Sidebar 0.7.1 Lightning 0.9 I'm get TB using apt-get install thunderbird Using Ubuntu 9.0.4 32bit The following erros occurrs: When I open TB the calendar toolbar doesn't open automatically. I cannot select the TimeZone, when I open TB It doesnt show the Date Column correctly. Look at those images: No Timezone selectable image: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4828/screenshotthunderbirdpr.png or http://yfrog.com/0cscreenshotthunder...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

[Fwd: Re: No Timezone Selectable using TB 2.0.22, Contacts Sidebar 0.7.1 , Lightning 0.9 & Ubuntu 9.0.4]
Hi Stefan, I installed the required packages and works. Thanks, Paulo S�rgio Correia Warning: This e-mail attachments can contain the ODF format (Open Document Format) / ABNT. Before asking the attachments in another format, you can install OpenOffice (http://www.openoffice.org) or the following Plugin for Microsoft Office (http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/get.jsp) Protect the Forest and your money: only print if necessary. Use the Econofont (http://www.ecofont.eu/ecofont_en.html). Not to Monopoly: Use Programs Open Source / Freeware. Linux user # 490...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 9.0.1 and MySql 4.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles