Powerbuilder 7.02 and MS SQLServer 2000

We are looking at migrating current powerbuilder 6.51 applications to
Powerbuilder 7.0.2 (7.0.2 due to version compatibility to a 3rd party
software package that will be migrated at the same time)

In addition to the Powerbuilder migration, there is the possible move from
Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to SQL Server 2000.  My question is, are there
native SQL Server 2000 database drivers, will the SQL Server 7.0 drivers
handle the database connection, or is there another solution I'm
overlooking.

I've looked through the news groups, and seen many mixed feelings regarding
this issue, any experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Scott Wilkos
swilkos@dispatch2000.com
0
Scott

The native MSS SQL Server driver from PB works with MS SQL Server 7.0 and
also with 2000. You may not be able to access some new features that have
been introduced in SQL Server 2000, but if the database is just being
upgraded, then everything should work as before.

Sanjiv.

<Scott Wilkos> wrote in message
> We are looking at migrating current powerbuilder 6.51 applications to
> Powerbuilder 7.0.2 (7.0.2 due to version compatibility to a 3rd party
> software package that will be migrated at the same time)
>

> In addition to the Powerbuilder migration, there is the possible move from
> Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to SQL Server 2000.  My question is, are there
> native SQL Server 2000 database drivers, will the SQL Server 7.0 drivers
> handle the database connection, or is there another solution I'm
> overlooking.
>
> I've looked through the news groups, and seen many mixed feelings
regarding
> this issue, any experiences would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Scott Wilkos
> swilkos@dispatch2000.com

0
Sanjiv

Powerbuilder 7 + SQLServer 2000
We are looking at migrating current powerbuilder 6.51 applications to Powerbuilder 7.0.2 (7.0.2 due to version compatibility to a 3rd party software package that will be migrated at the same time) In addition to the Powerbuilder migration, there is the possible move from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to SQL Server 2000. My question is, are there native SQL Server 2000 database drivers, will the SQL Server 7.0 drivers handle the database connection, or is there another solution I'm overlooking. Thank you, Scott Wilkos swilkos@dispatch2000.com ...

Connecting Powerbuilder 7.03 to MS SQL 2000
I have been told that the dll's included in the 7.03 version of PB has the ability to connect to and work with SQL 2000. I have installed the upgrade but, when I open the database with the MSS driver the database is not updateable. In all the painters PB will not allow me to edit the data. I know that for Sybase SQL Server you need to run a script on the database to allow the driver to communicate with PB. Am I missing this file somewhere or is there another way to enable PB to work with SQL 2000? Thanks, Paul Swanson We work with PB7/SQL2000 with no problems, we di...

Is the latest Powerbuilder 7.02 certified with windows 2000?
On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 01:12:53 -0800, Peter Kellner <peter@kellner.com> wrote: > Is the latest Powerbuilder 7.02 certified with windows 2000? I heard Sybase was waiting for official release to place the final w2k stamp of approval. Since that happened yesterday, I don't think 7.02 is officially w2k certified. -- Boris Gasin [TeamSybase] mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com Vote for your favorite tools! http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2000/ Mine are: - Sybase Enterprise Application Server - PowerJ - Sybase Adaptive Serve...

Windows 2000 with PowerBuilder 7.02 printing on HP8150
My question involves Windows 2000 with PowerBuilder 7.02 printing letters and reports on an HP8150 printer. The printer appears to work correctly on my users network for other jobs other than PowerBuilder but fails when our PowerBuilder application prints its jobs. The customer applied an old driver to get the printing to work better but wants the latest drivers installed for the latest features on the HP8150 printer. Any thoughts in this matter?? Thanks for checking! A.O. ...

How to connect to Ms Sqlserver 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
I want to connect to Ms Sqlserver 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5. Would you please tell me where I can download the native database driver? Thank you very much! Sincerely, Fang Jing fangjing@telekbird.com.cn I have not been able to find a native driver anywhere. We are having no real problems using the SQL 6.5 drivers with PB 6.5.1. You have to upgrade to PB 6.5.1 or there are some issues. (Like you can't paint a DW off of a stored proc) Hope this helps....Paul Fang Jing <fangjing@telekbird.com.cn> wrote in message news:tmKLHsSR$GA.289@forums.sybase.com... ...

Connection problem with PowerBuilder 5.0.02 to MS SQL 7
Hello, I am having a problem connecting PowerBuilder 5.0.02 to MS SQL 7. The application connects fine. The problem is when I try to create a new datawindow with a stored procedure on SQL 7. I can view all the names of the stored procedures but I can't see any of the code. I am using the odbc driver 3.07.08.20 . When I try to look at the stored procedures I get the message 'The database does not currently support retrieval of procedure text.' Everything worked fine in SQL 6.5. any help appreciated, Bruce ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- ht...

MS-SQL Server 7 With PowerBuilder 7
I write a SQL statement like this: SELECT * FROM MATERIAL Table Material have 120,000 records data. Execute this Query in SQL Server Query Analyzer. It's spends about 2 minutes Execute this Query in PB 7.0 Database painter's ISQL Session It's spends over 10 minutes. I used Native drive not used ODBC to connect the MS-SQL 7.0. My database server have: Server's CPU x 4 Database Server : MS-SQL Server 7 How can I improve the performance in PowerBuilder? Thanks for your help! from Leo Leo, Depending on your requireme...

Powerbuilder 7 nested SELECT parameter MS SQL Server 2000 error.
Hello. I was reviewing a little bit more my problem and I can redefine it as Powerbuilder 7.0 executing SELECT with a parameter on its WHERE clause, nested within other SELECT and executed against a MS SQL 2000 database, gives an error. i.e.: SELECT DISTINCT field FROM table WHERE data IN ( SELECT data FROM othertable WHERE otherfield= :lsVariable); generates an error where SQLCA.SQLCode= -1 AND SQLCA.SQLErrText='SQL...

Error Converting Datatype Using MS SQLServer and Powerbuilder 7.0 build 8046
Ladies and Gentlemen, I recently upgraded a client to a new release of our software. There weren't any code changes in the offending module. All that's really going on is a SQL statement being built and executed in the code. However, I did build the software using Powerbuilder 7.0 build 8046. Now clients are getting the following error: Error Code = 242 Select Error: SQLState = 22008 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] The conversion of a char data type to a datetime datatype resulted in an out-of-range datetime value. I thought that perhaps the date forma...

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?
Hi: How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5. I do not want to via ODBC. Thanks! Wu; No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world. So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for PB 11 that is simil...

Powerbuilder & 7.0, 7.01 build 7027, 7.02 build xxxx y sigue
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01BF792A.2CDB2550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Me gustaria saber cual es el mejor metodo para conseguir la ultima = version disponible por Sybase.=20 Hasta ahora aparte de un contrato de mantenimiento que teniamos con = Sybase (UPS) y que actualizaba la version cada 6 meses y debido a la = cantidad de Bug's que han aparecido repentinamente en la 7.0 (despues de = una muy estable 6.5) no teniamos otro metodo para actualizar versiones...

Connect MS-SQL 7.0 in PowerBuilder 7.0
In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? Please post to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder newsgroups This is dedicated to PB issues when used within Jaguar Masun wrote: > In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but > in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? ...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 7.02 and MS SQLServer 2000 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles