Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn

Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1
application talking to sql 2000 database.
Our applications has a ini file which includes the following
details
[Database]
DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x
ServerName=TestServer
AutoCommit=true
Database=pubs
Lock=RL
In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these.
Please suggest
[Database]
DBMS=ODBC
AutoCommit=true
Database=pubs
Lock=RL
In powerbuilder the profile is created  using odbc dsn as
the datasource

The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But  when
I launch the application, I get following error
SQLState: 28000
SQL Server Error: 18452
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed
for user.
Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL SERVER connection
It asks for user id and password.
What script should be coded in powerbuilder 6.5.1 code.?
Please help
0
kavitha
6/3/2004 10:09:00 AM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.database
📃 9855 articles.
⭐ 2 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1277 Views

Please do not crosspost
--
Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8
<kavitha> wrote in message news:40bef8ff.1106.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1
> application talking to sql 2000 database.
>
> Our applications has a ini file which includes the following
> details
> [Database]
> DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x
> ServerName=TestServer
> AutoCommit=true
> Database=pubs
> Lock=RL
>
> In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these.
> Please suggest
>
> [Database]
> DBMS=ODBC
> AutoCommit=true
> Database=pubs
> Lock=RL
>
> In powerbuilder the profile is created  using odbc dsn as
> the datasource
>

> The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But  when
> I launch the application, I get following error
>
> SQLState: 28000
> SQL Server Error: 18452
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed
> for user.
> Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL SERVER connection
>
> It asks for user id and password.
> What script should be coded in powerbuilder 6.5.1 code.?
> Please help

0
Chris