powerbuilder 4 and database connections

When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following
error messages:

unable to start, server not found
Could not load interface for specified database
unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL

Note: trying to access Watcom 4.0 database, and Access 97 database

Please help

Stephane

0
Stephane

In article <gsdG7#XL9GA.178@forums.powersoft.com>, viaust@rmoc.ca says...

>> When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following
>> error messages:

Stephane,

See my reply to your message in the otehr newsgroup and in the future,
please select the most appropriate newsgroup to post your message in and
not post the same message in multiple newsgroups  TIA
--
Andy Turiansky [TeamPS]
Team Powersoft

powerbuilder database connections
When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following error messages: unable to start, server not found Could not load interface for specified database unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL Please help Stephane Stephane, The system can't find PBODB040.DLL. HTH, Carson ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com chager@dyn-data.com ******** Are You Ready for the Web ******** ...

connecting to database from powerbuilder
Hello, Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder other than transaction objects.. Thanks in advance Suby a powerbuilder application needs transaction objects to interact with any dbms. what functionality are you trying to build? sanjiv. <Suby> wrote in message news:42d4b61b.3c60.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder > other than transaction objects.. > Thanks in advance > Suby Hi The transaction object is the object to be used to connect to any database? What do you...

Cannot connect my database to Powerbuilder
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder. I am unable to run a Powerbuilder program with the database that I have specified in the 'Database Painter'. Could you please help me? I am able to see the tables in the painter but when I try and run the exe after building it, it does not seem to be pointing to that database. Regards, Anand Surendar You have to populate those same attributes on the SQLCA connection object and then issue a CONNECT statement within your application code. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:22 -0800 (PST), anand_icomm <anand09011982@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

powerbuilder database connections
I receive this error message when I try to connect the dbclient. "unable to start, server not found" When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive these errors: unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL could not load interface for specified database Please help Stephane In article <TcVR68XL9GA.205@forums.powersoft.com>, viaust@rmoc.ca says... >> When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive >> these errors: >> unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL >> could not load interface for specified ...

PowerBuilder 10 Database connection
Hello, In my previouos topic I wrote: Hi, > > I have PB 10.5 and ORA 9.2 installed on Citrix MetaFrame > server. > > Even though when I open database profile and hit 'Test > Connection' button I get 'Connection Successful' message, > there is, in fact, no connection. No tables are visible, the > datawindows won't retrieve the data. I can, however, connect > to ORACLE DB using ORACLE SQLPlus. PBO90105.dll and > PBO10105.dll are in place... > > What am I missing? Well, the funny part is - the 'Connection Successfu...

PowerBuilder 7.0 database connectivity
I am looking for a list of servers that PowerBuilder 7.0 supports. In particular, if PB7.0 supports Oracle 8-I. Also, if PB7 support SQLServer 7.0 and Oracle 8.1.5? Are there patches to support these databases? In the PB 7 evaluationCD, we only get SQLServer 6.5 and Oracle 8.0.5 maximum. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you. Michael Noche You would use the same drivers as you received with the eval; however, support for Oracle and Microsoft is somewhat rolling... that is as 8.1.6 is released for instance, the Oracle 8 driver in PowerBuilder is enhanced to work with t...

connecting powerbuilder application to internet database
Dear guys! I want to connect my powerbuilder application to an internet database, that means i need to place the database ( MS Access, MySql, or Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, just the database alone ) into our web space, or i want to access the website providers database via powerbuilder application from my internet connected PC. how can i establish the connection and how can i implement the software.. please help! thanks and regards, danny dannj@hotmail.com tharakans@hotmail.com ...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database
Hello I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me edit data in tables. Configuration is: // Profile access SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogId = "admin" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'" Why I can do this? Thank you. There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the table is not updateable. You can override this in the update ...

can powerbuilder connect to a MDB database?
can powerbuilder connect to a MicrosoftDB database? Hans Sure, You can connect to MS SQL Server using either the native DB driver, or through ODBC or OLEDB. I think (haven't tried it myself) MS access you can connect to using ODBC or OLEDB HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be "Hans" <hans@opschool.nl> schreef in bericht news:6F$UOR7CCHA.255@forums.sybase.com... > can powerbuilder connect to a MicrosoftDB database? > > Hans > > ...

can powerbuilder connect to a MDB database?
can powerbuilder connect to a MicrosoftDB database? Hans Sure, You can connect to MS SQL Server using either the native DB driver, or through ODBC or OLEDB. I think (haven't tried it myself) MS access you can connect to using ODBC or OLEDB HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be "Hans" <hans@opschool.nl> schreef in bericht news:6F$UOR7CCHA.255@forums.sybase.com... > can powerbuilder connect to a MicrosoftDB database? > > Hans > > ...

Web resources about - powerbuilder 4 and database connections - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles