PB7/MSS6.5 W95 vs W98

Hi everybody,

We have an application in PowerBuilder 7.03 Build 10009 with  MS
SQLSERVER 6.5.
We are using native driver.

It works fine on Windows 95 but we have detected problems on Windows 98
second edition with the same application.

On W98 the performance of database of some sentence: retrieve and update
are very slow.

Can anybody help us?

Thanks.

Connecting to ASA 5.5 database with PB7 DB painter
I can't connect to local ASA 5.5 database in the database painter of PB 7.03. When I try to open ASA 5.5 databases I get the login window with user-id and password (the database engine is running fine with the database) BUT after clicking on OK nothings happens. After stopping the database engine with Ctrl-ALt-Del I get a message that PB can't connect to the database. I can open the database within the PB application and with ISQL also using the engine from ASA 5.5. The problem doesn't occurs when I open the database with ASA 7, only with ASA 5.5 engine. Server dat...

InfoMaker 5.04 vs. PowerBuilder 6.5 build 444
I am using InfoMaker 5.04 and PowerBuilder 6.5 build 444. The version difference is because of the main application we are using is at version 5.04, but I am creating apps in PB 6.5. Here is my question. I created a report in IM 5.04 and it takes around 4 seconds to run. When I regen it in PB 6.5 then run the same report with the same retrieval arg, it takes around 16 seconds. Why is there such a difference in the time it takes to run these reports? The report is retrieving the data from the same database using an ODBC connection. Thank you for your help. KevinK@friends.edu ...

Oracle 8.0.5 vs Powerbuilder 5.0.04
Hello People. I need Native database driver of PowerBuilder 5.0.04 to Oracle 8.0.5. Somebody know where i find this. There is only a beta OR8 driver. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Sergio Augusto wrote in message ... >Hello People. > >I need Native database driver of PowerBuilder 5.0.04 to Oracle 8.0.5. > >Somebody know where i find this. > > > > ...

3.5 C5 vs. 3.6.1 vs. PowerBuilder -- who wins?
I've diligently probed the newsgroups for clarity on whether to use 3.5 or 3.6.1, and I must admit I'm more confused now than ever before. Could somebody please provide a compatibility matrix for the various versions / patches of EAS? Why was 3.5 C5 even released, if the 'current' version of EAS is 3.6.1? Our current environment: Jaguar build 36017 PowerBuilder 7.0.2 build 8046 We want to use many of the enhancements / fixes that were listed in 3.5 C5 (datawindow memory usage, etc.), but PB7.03 maintenance is not certified w/3.6.1, 7.03 C5 requires an EAServer...

Upgrade database (5.5.01
If a db was created in 5.5.01, do we need to run upgrade database if we upgrade the software to 5.5.03 build 1698 ? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------C63B018AA916E4BCB659330A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The only inconsistances I've seen have been related to the OpenServer Gateway, which seems to need a 5.5.03 physical store to work. Any one else had problems? Dave Wolf Sybase Professional Services pjwarner wrote: > > If a db was created in 5.5.01, do we need to run upgrade database if we...

5.5.04 Creates 5.5.03 databases
Why does 5.5.04 create 5.5.03 databases? All of the files are the same date, 10/1/97, including DBINIT. I created the database using DBINIT and Sybase Central. Jack T. >Why does 5.5.04 create 5.5.03 databases? All of the files are the same >date, 10/1/97, including DBINIT. I created the database using DBINIT and >Sybase Central. I suppose you are looking at the version information from sql central. This shows the version of the db file format. The file format does not change with every release, and in fact did not change with the 5.5.04 release. Regards, ...

5.12 vs. 5.14 vs. blead
Dear all, as a test case for the CPAN smoker, I've just finished running a four-way CPAN smoke of 5.12.4 vs. 5.14.2 vs. 5.15.4 vs. blead as of 25.10.11. The result is at http://users.perl5.git.perl.org/~tsee/blead2011-10-25/ and shows quite a few failures appearing between 5.12 and 5.14. I'd wager it's in many cases due to regex stringification, but I haven't looked very closely. Maybe it's more useful for non-core-hacking folks who'd like to see modules maintained and fixed going forward. Cheers, Steffen On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 08:22:45 +0100, S...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

jconnect, 5.2 vs 5.5
Where can I get info describing the differences between jConnect 5.2 and 5.5? thanks, George George Check http://www.sybase.com/detail_list/1,3691,2901,00.html it has all of the jconnect version information there Scott <GC> wrote in message news:73E831C6E7EB1DB70056446085256AC5.0056447C85256AC5@webforums... > Where can I get info describing the differences between jConnect 5.2 and > 5.5? > > thanks, > > George ...

Problem with 5.5 vs 6.5
Hello, I was wondering if it is possible in GRPW 6.5 to attach to any user database (userxxx.db) create under GRPW 5.5. Ex: John Doe has user database user1a2.db in GRPW55. In GRPW 6.5 I want to attach this user database (user1a2.db) to Jane Doe. So is it possible ? PAtrick Pichette Admin IT LEjolex ppichette@ljt.ca wrote: > I was wondering if it is possible in GRPW 6.5 to attach to any user > database (userxxx.db) create under GRPW 5.5. > Ex: John Doe has user database user1a2.db in GRPW55. In GRPW 6.5 I want > to attach this user database (user1a2.db) to ...

Powerbuilder 5 vs 6
Can anyone here please tell me some advance of Powerbuilder 6 over 5? I currently own Powerbuilder 5, but was thinking of checking out PB6. Any goodies? thx One mayor improvement is the new RowFocusChanging event for datawindows. If you do a lot of relational database management, this new feature alone is worth the upgrade to PB6. Bye. Kevin T. Nguyen - Tu <smilepak@earthlink.net> schreef in artikel <355E892D.10C1E01B@earthlink.net>... > Can anyone here please tell me some advance of > Powerbuilder 6 over 5? I currently own Powerbuilder 5, > but was think...

EAServer 3.5 C5 and IE 5.0 vs 5.5
Latest issue in the production release of my first EAServer product... Environment: EAServer 3.5 C5 Build PB 10077 NT4, SP6 Oracle 8.1.7...using OCI connection caches When using the IE 5.0 browser, most things seem to work (all work in development environment of course). Users using IE 5.5 are getting the generic PB error in TryInvoke (calling a component method). That effectively invalidates the Jaguar server; thus, the server must be restarted. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I just now discovered it was the browser version causing the problem...I've been d...

Database painter 7.03: connecting to ASA 5.5 databases
I can't connect to local ASA 5.5 database in the database painter of PB 7.03. When I try to open ASA 5.5 databases I get the login window with user-id and password (the database engine is running fine with the database) BUT after clicking on OK nothings happens. After stopping the database engine with Ctrl-ALt-Del I get a message that PB can't connect to the database. I can open the database within the PB application and with ISQL also using the engine from ASA 5.5. The problem doesn't occurs when I open the database with ASA 7, only with ASA 5.5 engine. Server dat...

Web resources about - PB7/MSS6.5 W95 vs W98 - sybase.powerbuilder.database