PB 6.5, SQL 7.0, Database Blob Object Problem

We're using a Database Blob Object on a DataWindow to display various
documents of different types (Word, Excel, etc).  As you would expect, you
can double-click on the Blob Object to activate the appropriate server
(Word, for example) and modify the object as needed.

The problem occurs when you try to save the modifications during the
"dw.Update(TRUE,FALSE)" statement.

This used to work when we were using:
  PowerBuilder 5.0, MS SQL Server 6.5
  PowerBuilder 6.5, MS SQL Server 6.5

But now it does not work when we use:
  PowerBuilder 6.5, MS SQL Server 7.0

The application returns the error message "Invalid syntax near keyword
null". After a thorough search on the web, I came across PB Maintenance
Release 6.5.1 which explicitly stated that it fixed this problem: CR187928 -
Workaround to fix "Invalid syntax near keyword null" when updating text or
image column in MS SQL Server 7.0 and column was previously null.

So I installed PB Maintenance Release 6.5.1, but now the application hangs
up during the "dw.Update(TRUE,FALSE)" statement.

Using SQL7.0 Enterprise Manager, Current Activity window, you can see that
the statement "SELECT Event_OLE.EvnOLE_Object  FROM Event_OLE WHERE
EvnOLE_Event_OLE_PK = 10" is blocking the statement "writetext bulk
Event_OLE.EvnOLE_Object 0xfdff930500000000f100000001000a00 timestamp =
0xfdff930500000000 with log".

I went back to the web and another thorough search turned up the PB 6.5 EBF
(Emergency Bug Fix), build 1042, which included a new pbmss60.dll.  I
applied the new DLLs, but I still get the same hang up problem where the SQL
Select statement is blocking the SQL writetext statement.

I have confirmed that AutoCommit = True for this transaction.

Using SQL7.0 Profiler, I see the following things occurring:
  begin tran
  SELECT Event_OLE.EvnOLE_Object  FROM Event_OLE WHERE EvnOLE_Event_OLE_PK =
10
  update Event_OLE set EvnOLE_Object = 0x20 WHERE EvnOLE_Event_OLE_PK = 10
  Missing Column Statistics NO STATS:([I].[EvnOLE_Event_OLE_PK])
  SELECT Event_OLE.EvnOLE_Object  FROM Event_OLE WHERE EvnOLE_Event_OLE_PK =
10
  use  LRMS31_MJDS
  SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL READ UNCOMMITTED
  SET TEXTSIZE 32000
  set textsize 433152
  writetext bulk Event_OLE.EvnOLE_Object 0xfdff930500000000f100000001000a00
timestamp = 0xfdff930500000000 with log

Anyone have any ideas?

Mary Dichtl
Printrak International

0
Mary

Native database driver for MS SQL 7.0 with PB 6.5
Where can I download the native database driver for MS SQL 7.0. I'm currently using PB 6.5. TIA, Toms On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 23:07:12 +0700, "Toms" <t0ms@iname.com> wrote: >Where can I download the native database driver for MS SQL 7.0. I'm >currently using PB 6.5. Microsoft wants everyone to use ODBC and they no longer recommend or support native connectivity for 7.0. You can still safely use the MSS 6.5 native driver from PB, but you will not be able to take advantage of some MS SQL Server 7.0 features. -- Boris Gasin [TeamSybase] ...

MS SQL 6.5 Unable to connect to database PB 7.0 Enterprise
I am having an intermittent problem when many users attempt to run my PowerBuilder application written in PowerBuilder 7.0 Enterprise running on Windows 98 workstations accessing a MS SQL 6.5 database. The connection to the database is through the Powerbuilder native driver interface (PBMSS70.DLL). When the number of users reach a certain point and a new user attempts to run the program, the user is presented the ODBC Data Sources program. (The one the can be accessed through the Control Panel.) When the user exits the Data Sources program, PowerBuilder issues an error message: ...

Database Administration
In the database administration painter/Procedure Syntax option... When I select a particular stored procedure, many times Powerbuilder is only pulling up the first 10 or 20 lines of the procedure. We are running PB 6.5 Build 444 against SQL Server 7.0. We are using the native driver pbmss60.dll (169 KB, 12/21/1999). Any ideas? ...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

Cannot use SQl Sample Database 5.0 after updating to 6.5 PB... pls help
Please help. What is going on ? This is the errors DBENG50 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff9d709. Registers: EAX=c00300ec CS=0177 EIP=bff9d709 EFLGS=00010216 EBX=00000005 SS=017f ESP=0060feb4 EBP=00610150 ECX=00000000 DS=017f ESI=00610238 FS=4ee7 EDX=00000028 ES=017f EDI=00610254 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 53 8b 15 dc 9c fc bf 56 89 4d e4 57 89 4d dc 89 Stack dump: Is it possible that the 5.0 database was upgraded? I'm just thinking out loud here.... I can't think of a reason that the PB 6.5 upgrade would cause the SQL Anywhere db engi...

W2K, ASE 11.9.2, PB 6.5 and PB 7.0 Database Painter
My application runs fine in compilted and debug using Powerbuilder 6.5 and 7.0, but I get all kinds of errors when trying to use the Database Painter in both versions. We just did a mass migration from Win NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 with the latest versions of Sybase drivers, Powerbuilder and Windows 200 patches. When selecting a table from the table catalog list I get.. ct_param(): user api layer: external error: An illegal value of 256 was placed in the status field of the of CS_DATAFMT structure. When running any type of SELECT statement from the Database Adminstrator I ge...

PB 6.5/7.0 to SQL Server 7.0
Hi everybody, I hope someboby can help me. 1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native=20 drivers? 2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can=B4= t=20 use it due to: - The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible = using more than one transcction object. - It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that= =20 i can't develop. Thanks in advanced. Ulises Gomez RCI Mexico ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com 1. Upgrade to 6.5.1 2. Which version/build of PB7?...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Temporal files with database blob object in PB 6.5
Hello I use Database blob objects and it generate a lot of temporal files, How i can delete this from PB ? , I use PaintBrush to edit and display this blob objects and Sqlserver. thanks ...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Web resources about - PB 6.5, SQL 7.0, Database Blob Object Problem - sybase.powerbuilder.database

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

WATCH 'TROJAN HORSE' Trump wants database for Syrian refugees in US
WATCH 'TROJAN HORSE' Trump wants database for Syrian refugees in US

Presidential Candidates Condemn Donald Trump's 'Database' Comment
... and Democratic presidential candidates have condemned Donald Trump for his recent statements suggesting the United States should start a database ...

Donald Trump is Under Media Assault for Suggesting ‘Muslim Database,’ But Here’s What He Says About It ...
"Donald Trump's plan for a Muslim database draws comparison to Nazi Germany"...