PB 6.0/MS SQL Server 7.0

How do I set up a connection to my MS SQL Server 7.0 database using
PowerBuilder 6.0?  Trying to set up a Database Profile for the MSSQL 7.0
database doesn't seem to work.  I also tried connecting through ODBC,
but I get an error message when trying to open the database:

SQLSTATE = S1003
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range.

I know my ODBC Data Source is connecting to the database.  I was able to
test it through Access.

Is there an updated driver/dll for MS SQL Server 7.x?  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

0
Mike

A quick scan of the other newsgroups and I found the answer I was looking
for. Thanks anyway.

Mike Tomeo wrote:

> How do I set up a connection to my MS SQL Server 7.0 database using
> PowerBuilder 6.0?  Trying to set up a Database Profile for the MSSQL 7.0
> database doesn't seem to work.  I also tried connecting through ODBC,
> but I get an error message when trying to open the database:
>
> SQLSTATE = S1003
> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range.
>
> I know my ODBC Data Source is connecting to the database.  I was able to
> test it through Access.
>
> Is there an updated driver/dll for MS SQL Server 7.x?  Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

0
Mike

ODBC Error: MS SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 +WINNT 4.0
Hi, I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4. Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 ( no patches for any thing installed) After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or tables, I get an error message like SQLSTATE =S1003 [MICROSOFT] [ODBC DRIVER MANAGER] Program Type Out of Range on the...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 7.0.2 and MS SQL Server 7.0
Hello everyone, I am running PB 7.0.2 (Build 8046) and I am trying to connect to MS SQL Server 7.0 database. I can connect to the database via ODBC with no problems, but when I attempt to use the MS SQL Client Software 7.0, I get an error "Could not connect to database." Is SQL Client Software v7.0 even supported with PB 7x or do I have to go to 6.0 of SQL Client? -- Thanks, Daryl L. Avery Development Technologies Consultant Software Spectrum, Inc. E-mail: Daryl.Avery@SoftwareSpectrum.com Website: SoftwareSpectrum.com Voice: (972) 864-5114 Fax: (972) 864-3292 ...

PB 6.5/7.0 to SQL Server 7.0
Hi everybody, I hope someboby can help me. 1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native=20 drivers? 2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can=B4= t=20 use it due to: - The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible = using more than one transcction object. - It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that= =20 i can't develop. Thanks in advanced. Ulises Gomez RCI Mexico ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com 1. Upgrade to 6.5.1 2. Which version/build of PB7?...

Problem with PB 7.0 And MS SQL Server 7.0 ODBC
I am having some problem using PowerBuilder 7.0 with MS SQL Server 7.0 and ODBC. Arguments to datawindows and nested SQL doesn't seem the work properly. The following is some lines from the ODBC trace-file: SELECT report.reportkey, report.reporttype, report.reportname FROM report WHERE exists (SELECT reportparam.reportkey FROM reportparam WHERE ( reportparam.reportkey = report.reportkey ) AND reportparam.paramtype = ? )) ORDER BY report.reportname VCHAR Length=4 ID=:as_paramtype *test* (10 MilliSeconds) Error 999 (rc -1) : SQLSTATE ...

PB 7.0 and MS-SQL Server 7.0 login problem
I am having a problem connecting my app to the MS SQL-Server database. I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm missing. From my computer, it connects just finewith no login box. When I try to connect from a different computer, a login window pops up with "Admin" as the log in name. The database should be using a trusted connection from a computer within the domain. The user on the computer is successfully logged into the (NT 4) domain. Any ideas what I am failing to do? Hi, You must provide a valid login id on the other PC you specified and this login must ...

PB 7.0 Client Cursor and MS SQL Server 7.0
We are in the process of migrating from MS SQL 6.5 to MS SQL 7.0 and are running with PB 7.0 build 5031. Our PB application uses a cursor which works fine with MS SQL 6.5 but we are getting the following error with MS SQL 7.0 when we open the cursor: SQLCODE = -1 SQLDBCODE = 999 SQLERRTEXT= "34000[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Invalid cursor name" Is there a different database connection setting, different way to set up transaction object, different setting on ODBC connection, or something else that we should be doing or looking at when we go...

PB 5.0.04 on NT 4.0 running MS SQL Server 7.0?
Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0? We're running against MS SQL 6.5 and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new features. Are there new SQL drivers available or required? TIA, pat yuen pyuen@carmafinancial.com 5.0.04 doesn't work with SQL7, you'll need to upgrade to PB 6.5.1 or 7.0 Simon Pat Yuen wrote in message ... >Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0? We're running against MS SQL 6.5 >and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new features. >Are there new SQL drivers available or required?...

PB 7.0 DataWindows and MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedures
I'm having some problems with creating a datawindow from a stored procedure. I have migraited a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0 with no difficulties. This app has datawindows that are running off of stored procs. But, when I try to create a new tabular datawindow fromscratch (I also tried this using a stored proc that is being used to power other datawindows) I get the following message: Cannot create DataWindow 'Data-conversion resulted in overflow' If any one knows what I am doing wrong I'd appreciate the help. BTW, I am connecting with the native MS SQL Ser...

PB 7.0 DataWindows and MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedures
I'm having some problems with creating a datawindow from a stored procedure. I have migraited a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0 with no difficulties. This app has datawindows that are running off of stored procs. But, when I try to create a new tabular datawindow fromscratch (I also tried this using a stored proc that is being used to power other datawindows) I get the following message: Cannot create DataWindow 'Data-conversion resulted in overflow' If any one knows what I am doing wrong I'd appreciate the help. BTW, I am connecting with the native MS SQL Serv...

Web resources about - PB 6.0/MS SQL Server 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Turkey internet servers under sustained cyber attack: internet body
Turkish internet servers have suffered one of the most intense cyberattacks ever seen in the country over the past week, raising fears Ankara ...

Intel’s 2nd-gen Compute Stick is a faster, better iTunes media server
One year after introducing the original Compute Stick, a version of which was featured in our guide to building a $150 iTunes media server , ...

Facebook's LiveRail Exits the Ad Server Business
Facebook's publisher-facing ad-tech arm LiveRail is shutting down the ad server business that you might not have known it operated. Known best ...

Intel: Deutsche Bank Models Altera Contribution to Server Biz
Shares of Intel ( INTC ) are down 35 cents, or 1%, at $34.63, after the company this morning announced the formal closing of its $17 billion ...

Windows 10 automatically uploads encryption keys to Microsoft servers - Business Insider Deutschland
Securing your data is tough. Jan Kaláb/Flickr (CC) Microsoft backs up users' encryption keys to its servers, The Intercept's Micah Lee reports ...

Trump likens Cruz's citizenship to questions about Clinton's email server
Presidential candidate Donald Trump ratcheted up his attacks on Ted Cruz, attacking him on everything from his citizenship to connections to ...

Cyber Expert: Hillary’s Server Was A Huge Security Risk
Cyber Expert: Hillary’s Server Was A Huge Security Risk

Awesome: Goku's voice actress is playing Wukong for Japan's League of Legends server
... by the Journey to the West legend. Whoa. Get a taste of her work below. League of Legends – Son Goku voice actress is Wukong in Japan server ...

Quanta, Wiwynn to compete for orders for servers small- to medium-size datacenters
As competition for orders for datacenter-use servers from Google, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft has become intense and the companies have added ...