PB 5 & 6.5 w/ MS SQL 7.0

Can anyone speak to any compatibility problems w/ using PB 5 & 6.5 w/
Microsoft SQL Server 7.0?

We are planning on upgrading to SQL 7.0, but have a few apps in both PB6.5
& PB5.  Unfortunately, one of these is vendor supplied so we can't upgrade
to PB7.

I was specifically wondering if there were any problems using native SQL
7.0 drivers w/ the PB6.5 & 5 dlls (that were made before SQL 7.0 was a
reality.)  Or are there updated drivers for this?

any help/experiences offered would be appreciated.
thanks!!
--
Travis Hettenbach
hettenb@kochind.com

Me too have this problem. I have installed MS SQL Server 7.0 (On Win NT 4.0)in
my machine. I have installed PB 6.5 afterwards. But I could not connect to SQL
Server from Database Painter. It gives an error message like, "SQL Type out of
range". It basically connects to the database when I tried to connect from DB
Profile, with ODBC options. But not able to work with Database objects. I
doubt whether I do miss any Driver files for MS SQL Server 7.0. Also, is there
any place where I can get native drivers of MS SQL Server 7.0 for PB 6.5 on NT
4.0.
Thanks,
Rama

Travis Hettenbach wrote:

> Can anyone speak to any compatibility problems w/ using PB 5 & 6.5 w/
> Microsoft SQL Server 7.0?
>
> We are planning on upgrading to SQL 7.0, but have a few apps in both PB6.5
> & PB5.  Unfortunately, one of these is vendor supplied so we can't upgrade
> to PB7.
>
> I was specifically wondering if there were any problems using native SQL
> 7.0 drivers w/ the PB6.5 & 5 dlls (that were made before SQL 7.0 was a
> reality.)  Or are there updated drivers for this?
>
> any help/experiences offered would be appreciated.
> thanks!!
> --
> Travis Hettenbach
> hettenb@kochind.com

0
Sankar

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.x
Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table ? The help says that it is not necessary, but PB gives me an error msg ("Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use.") when trying to connect to a db. Scott...... The first person to connect to the database through PB must have dbo or a subset of dbo privileges or PB won't be able to create the catalog tables. Mickey pottsgf@swbell.net >Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table >? The help says that it is not necessary, but PB...

PB 6.5 & MS SQL 7.0
I have a MS SQL 7.0 stored procedure that is doing a large number of updates and is called from within a PB EXE. The problem is that when it is referenced from the executable or running the application from the PB editor - the stored procedure takes an excessive amount of time to run. If I run it directly from the datawindow or directly from Query analyzer it runs fine in just a few minutes. I have checked my connections and ran a trace log from the application and all looks good. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Tom Pitts Hillyard Inc. Just a guess but try putt...

PB 6.5 & MS SQL 6.5
This is probably an MS SQL issue but I figured it was worth presenting here for some possible insight. Any help is greatly appreciated. - I have two tables: BATCH & EMPLOYER_GROUP - BATCH is a child of EMPLOYER_GROUP - EMPLOYER_GROUP_ID is the primary key column in EMPLOYER_GROUP and a foreign key column in BATCH - The EMPLOYER_GROUP_ID column in BATCH may be null - There is current only one record in BATCH. The EMPLOYER_GROUP_ID column is null in that record. The following SELECT does not (in my opinion) work correctly: SELECT * FROM BATCH, EMPLOYER_GROUP ...

Identity Column
Using PB 5.0 and MS SQL 6.5 After an embeded Insert Statement, I use the following to get the value assigned by the Identity column : INT emp_id DECLARE get_value DYNAMIC CURSOR FOR SQLSA ; PREPARE SQLSA FROM "SELECT @@identity"; OPEN DYNAMIC get_value ; FETCH get_value INTO :emp_id ; CLOSE get_value; The emp_id returned seems to always be NULL. It is supposed to be the last (autoincrement) number assigned to the record inserted into the Employees table. Does anyone know why I am getting a NULL instead of a real value? The column is defined as an Identity in ...

Bad Return Code (MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.04)
Hi there! We have a PB 5.0.04 application that runs without any problem from a Windows 95 workstation. When a user tries to work with it from a Windows NT workstation or directly from the Windows Nt server where the database is installed, he receives some errors that we don't understand. Can anyone of you help us with some ideas? Thanks in advance for your input. The situation is this: DBMS: MS SQL Server 6.5 Service Pack 3 Server's Operating System: Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3.0 DBMS Client: Client of MS SQL Server 6.5 Ver 1996.04.02 PowerBuilder DLLs: Ver 5...

Bad Return Code (MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.04)
Hi there! We have a PB 5.0.04 application that runs without any problem from a Windows 95 workstation. When a user tries to work with it from a Windows NT workstation or directly from the Windows Nt server where the database is installed, he receives some errors that we don't understand. Can anyone of you help us with some ideas? Thanks in advance for your input. The situation is this: DBMS: MS SQL Server 6.5 Service Pack 3 Server's Operating System: Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3.0 DBMS Client: Client of MS SQL Server 6.5 Ver 1996.04.02 PowerBuilder DLLs: Ver 5...

Virus Detection S/W (Netware 4.11) Compatible w/SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 & 5.5.0.4
<HTML> Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or 5.5.0.4?&nbsp; Our customer was using Cheyenne's Innoculan which shut the database/service down and they are looking for a proven alternative. <BR>Thanks, <BR>Stacy Zacher <BR>M&amp;I Data Services, Inc.</HTML> Stacy Zacher wrote: > > Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software > for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or > 5.5.0.4? ...

Native database driver for MS SQL 7.0 with PB 6.5
Where can I download the native database driver for MS SQL 7.0. I'm currently using PB 6.5. TIA, Toms On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 23:07:12 +0700, "Toms" <t0ms@iname.com> wrote: >Where can I download the native database driver for MS SQL 7.0. I'm >currently using PB 6.5. Microsoft wants everyone to use ODBC and they no longer recommend or support native connectivity for 7.0. You can still safely use the MSS 6.5 native driver from PB, but you will not be able to take advantage of some MS SQL Server 7.0 features. -- Boris Gasin [TeamSybase] ...

MS SQL 7.0 & SQL Anywhere 5.5 on same machine
Is this possible?????? We've got one product that uses SQL Anywhere 5.5 server and we'd like to also put MS SQL 7.0 on the same box. Would there be any problem with this configuration???? Thanks, Peter I run SSA5505, ASA8 and SQL Server 2000 all on one machine with no problems whatsoever. Ach Peter Brown wrote: > Is this possible?????? > > We've got one product that uses SQL Anywhere 5.5 server and we'd like to > also put MS SQL 7.0 on the same box. > > Would there be any problem with this configuration???? > > T...

Web resources about - PB 5 & 6.5 w/ MS SQL 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.database