PB 12 and MSSQL2008

Is MSSQL2008 supported in PB12? I am having issue connecting
to the DB using SQL Native Client on PB12, but is able to
connect to it on MSSQL Server Manager.
0
TEric

<TEric> wrote in message news:4c488659.16f5.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Is MSSQL2008 supported in PB12? I am having issue connecting
> to the DB using SQL Native Client on PB12, but is able to
> connect to it on MSSQL Server Manager.

I don't have any problems?  What type of connection are you using and how
are you setting the transaction object properties?  Classic or .Net?

0
Scott
7/23/2010 12:38:32 PM
FWIW: SS2008 has been supported since version 11.0 at least. I have been
using SNC since 11.2 and have not had any problems except for "N" data types
where you need to use N'xxxxxx' syntax (does not work in PB 11.5.1 or 12.0).

--

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.

"TEric" wrote in message news:4c488659.16f5.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Is MSSQL2008 supported in PB12? I am having issue connecting
> to the DB using SQL Native Client on PB12, but is able to
> connect to it on MSSQL Server Manager.

0
Chris
7/24/2010 1:31:44 AM
I think the issue has something to do with the the SQL
Version installed on the server.  I am using SQL2008 on my
local machine and is able to connect to it without any
issue.  But when I try to connect to the  SQL Sever that is
using MSSQL2000, it wouldn't allow the connection.  I guess
having a 2008 client connecting to a 2000 server is the
issue.

> FWIW: SS2008 has been supported since version 11.0 at
> least. I have been  using SNC since 11.2 and have not had
> any problems except for "N" data types  where you need to
> use N'xxxxxx' syntax (does not work in PB 11.5.1 or 12.0).
>
> --
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>

> "TEric" wrote in message
> > news:4c488659.16f5.1681692777@sybase.com... Is MSSQL2008
> > supported in PB12? I am having issue connecting to the
> > DB using SQL Native Client on PB12, but is able to
> connect to it on MSSQL Server Manager.

0
TEric
7/26/2010 2:33:05 PM
I am just using the DB painter on PB Classic trying to
connect on a SQLServer 2000.

// Profile ORBIT DB
SQLCA.DBMS = "SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB)"
SQLCA.LogPass = <*********>
SQLCA.ServerName = "10.48.136.54,28001"
SQLCA.LogId = "etraya"
SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
SQLCA.DBParm = Provider='SQLNCLI10'"

> <TEric> wrote in message
> > news:4c488659.16f5.1681692777@sybase.com... Is MSSQL2008
> > supported in PB12? I am having issue connecting to the
> > DB using SQL Native Client on PB12, but is able to
> connect to it on MSSQL Server Manager.
>
> I don't have any problems?  What type of connection are
> you using and how  are you setting the transaction object
> properties?  Classic or .Net?

0
TEric
7/26/2010 3:32:41 PM
Correct ... you need the SS2008 client!
:-)

"TEric" wrote in message news:4c4d9ca1.e31.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I think the issue has something to do with the the SQL
> Version installed on the server.  I am using SQL2008 on my
> local machine and is able to connect to it without any
> issue.  But when I try to connect to the  SQL Sever that is
> using MSSQL2000, it wouldn't allow the connection.  I guess
> having a 2008 client connecting to a 2000 server is the
> issue.
>

>> FWIW: SS2008 has been supported since version 11.0 at
>> least. I have been  using SNC since 11.2 and have not had
>> any problems except for "N" data types  where you need to
>> use N'xxxxxx' syntax (does not work in PB 11.5.1 or 12.0).
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards ... Chris
>> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>

>> "TEric" wrote in message
>> > news:4c488659.16f5.1681692777@sybase.com... Is MSSQL2008
>> > supported in PB12? I am having issue connecting to the
>> > DB using SQL Native Client on PB12, but is able to
>> connect to it on MSSQL Server Manager.

0
Chris

PB 7.x with ASE 12.5 Database using Open Client 12.0
Has anyone experience any problems or challenges with their PB Applications upgrading their DB from ASE 12.x to 12.5 using OC 12.0. We are running PB 7.02 several of our DWs have store procedures and imbedded SQL (we do not use BLOB type). Thank you, Eva D. ...

PB 12 Classic to PB 12 NET migration error
In the PowerBuilder 12.NET IDE, I am migrating an application from PB 12 Classic. This application was built successfully in PB 12 Classic IDE. However, in the PB 12 .NET IDE, I received an error "Cannot convert type 'Sybase.Powerbuilder.WPF.PBDataStore' to 'int'. There is no file listed in the File column in the Error List window but it does give me a line and column number. Has anyone seen this .NET build error before? Can anyone give me any ideas on how to track this down? Jeff, Take a look at the tread started on 9/29 by Bjarne Anker in this sec...

PB 12 Classic to PB 12 .NET migration error
In the PowerBuilder 12.NET IDE, I am migrating an application from PB 12 Classic. This application was built successfully in PB 12 Classic IDE. However, in the PB 12 .NET IDE, I received an error "Cannot convert type 'Sybase.Powerbuilder.WPF.PBDataStore' to 'int'. There is no file listed in the File column in the Error List window but it does give me a line and column number. Has anyone seen this .NET build error before? Can anyone give me any ideas on how to track this down? Jeff, Where does it bring you when you double click the error line in the o...

What is diff. btw PB Classic 12.0 & PB .NET 12.0
We are having lots if issues with Web Services and trying to find if .NET would help. Hi Lancer; Better yet, can you tell us ... 1) What type of WS's are you trying to consume? 2) What are you current issues (software wise not personally <bg>)? Regards ... Chris President: OSUG / STD Inc. Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass "Lancer" wrote in message news:4cd2da8e.3dc5.1681692777@sybase.com... We are having lots if issues with Web Services and trying ...

powerbuilder 12 vs Appeon : differences to convert PB application to the web
Hello, I've an application in PB10.5 and i would like to "convert" to the web. what are the differences beetwen Appeon an powerbuilder 12 with migration .net . Thanks for all informations you have. ED The PB.NET IDE does not have any web targets. If you migrate to PB12, you'd be looking at PB12 Classic and a WebForm target. (PB 12 Classic and PB.NET are bundled together.) Webforms have their issues. They're IE-only and have a reputation of an excessive amount of callbacks to the server. I know very little about Appeon, but there are those that ...

PB 11.5 and PB 12
I'm being told by the software installation group at my company that we can't have PB 11.5 and PB 12 licensed on the same PC. That sounds crazy to me. Could it be true? You are correct, that's a crock! I have both running legally on the same machine. On 6/11/2010 4:51 PM, Andrew Perdichizzi wrote: > I'm being told by the software installation group at my > company > that we can't have PB 11.5 and PB 12 licensed on the same > PC. > That sounds crazy to me. Could it be true? Me too ... PB 11.2, 11.5.1 and 12.0 all on W7. "K R&...

pb 11 pb 12 wpf
Hi. We have a pb 11.5 app that has about 115 megs of pbls. We successfully converted it to pb 12 wpf, but notice that even small changes in one source file will take a very long time to compile. We are working with pb12 on the same machine that is very zippy when running pb11. Admittedly, this machine is about 5 years old. Please describe the machine that will run pb12 operations as quickly as our old machine runs pb11. Thanks, Doug Hi Doug; That is the down side of PB 12.net and the C# compiler. you are now on par with the VS developer ... isn't that comforting &...

Connecting PowerBuilder 6.5 with an Oracle 7.3 Database in a Novell Netware 3.12 Server
Ladies and Gentlemen: I didn't know if some of you have these problem, but I solve this one in a simple way. We have two servers in our company, one is a Windows NT Server and other is our Novell Netware 3.12 Server. Right know, our clients are accesing the data from the Netware 3.12 to the NT Server, but our clients are using in line the systems developed in PowerBuilder 4.0 Also we are migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 6.5 (How a jump), but we need the connection with the 3.12 server to recompile all our functions and so on.... I just update the Netware Client from Windows wi...

Automating PB application installs VIA Database...PBDJ '97
Does anyone have this old source (or new, better source) to download a PB application from a central database? Basically, checks the "version" table...and conditionally download the "current" release from tables. Thanks, Jason jason vogel @ yahoo dot com ...

Migrar PB 11.5 a PB 12
Se´┐Żores les cuento que migre mi aplicaci´┐Żn de PB 11.5 a 12 y algunos datawindows que despliegan calendarios y estan dentro de un UserObject no se despliegan completos solo hasta el borde del UserObject. Espero que este problema se ajuste pronto. ...

PB 12 Classic with PB dot Net
I got a PB 12 classic that will need to interface with a web service to pick up data for a 3rd party app we're using. The 3rd party actually recommends JAVA API, to pick it up. Can anyone give me an idea if having that architecture is actually possible with classic PB 12 using a JAVA API? There is a thread in the .Net newsgroup from last week that discusses calling Java from PB. Here is the solution: There is a code example on CodeXchange (http://www.sybase.be/detail?id=1058501) demonstrating how to use the EJBConnection method to call a local Java class On 11/1/2010 1:27...

database tables not visible in PB database painter.
Hello all, I have upgraded to PB 5.04. I have made the connection to the database(ORACLE) but when I try to open a table in the database painter the tables are not visible. They opened because I can retrieve data. I also tried with the demo database from PB and the same thing happens. Did I miss a setting in installation? Or anthing else? Thanks David bartolo@uscolo.edu You need to load the file pb7orcat.sql from the /server directory on the installation CD. The file contains support SQL and Stored procs that PB uses to display dev. time information. steve [TeamSybas...

ASA database problem with PB Database Painter
Hi all, In "EAS Demo DBV105" database I am creating new table successful. But problem is that I am not able to insert any data to table ? In result section of database painter, on right click "Insert Row" , "delete row" all option are in active so I am not able to insert row. Please help me PowerBuilder won't let you insert a row into a table that doesn't have a primary key defined on it. Create the primary key, and then you should be fine. On 27 Jan 2007 09:37:27 -0700, "M" <cs99cs1@hotmail.com> wrote: >H...

Web resources about - PB 12 and MSSQL2008 - sybase.powerbuilder.database