PB 11.5.1 Application on VM not connecting to SS2008

Is there any reason why PB app wiill not connect to SQL
Server 2008 when the app is installed on a Virtual Machine
(WinXP SP3)?

Everything was done as in previous setups i.e.
PBCLTRT115.msi and SQLNCLI.msi installed successfully.

Executing the app with DBMS=TRACE SNC gives message
(dd2008): LOGIN:(DBI_LOGIN) (15467.754 MS / 15467.754 MS)
(dd2008): *** DBI_FETCHTRUNC *** (rc -1) : SQLSTATE = 08001
Microsoft SQL Native Client
Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL
Server [2].
(dd2008): SHUTDOWN DATABASE
INTERFACE:(DBI_SHUTDOWN_INTERFACE) (0.000 MS / 15467.754 MS)

BTW the app installed on the server works OK. Thanks for any
suggestions.
0
Stan

PB 11.5 application does not connect to Database on Vista when run as Standard User
Hi, We have deployed pb 11.5 application to Windows Vista Machine.When we run the application as a standard user the database is not connecting,But when we run the appliation as a administrator it is able to connect to database. We need to make the application work for standard user. We are using PB Native database connecitivity and the Database is Oracle 10g. Any Help would be much appreciated. Thanks Sree Any errors? messages? Sreedharan T L wrote: > Hi, > > We have deployed pb 11.5 application to Windows Vista Machine.When we run > the applic...

connecting to ASE 11.5.1.1 via open client 11.1.1
hi folks: i need help with an open client/server issue. our system administrator upgraded our development host to HP-UX 11 and now .. i'm having trouble connecting to ASE 11.5.1.1 via open client/server. we are using open client 11.1.1. this error was generated trying to run bcp against our development box from another host: CTLIB Message: - L5/O3/S5/N4/5/0: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed Establishing connection failed. attempts to connect from powerbuilder and dbartisan...

Saving datawindow from PB 11.5.1 into PB 11.1 format (syntax)?
Hello, Is there any possible way to save a datawindow created & written in PB 11.5.1 in the exact datawindow format/sytnax of previous version(s), namely 11.1? Reason being is that we have an application that is still not migrated from 11.1 to 11.5.1, and we have to write a custom report for it urgently. Out application can import the exported SRD datawindow report and store its syntax in the table & run it from there. Unfortunately, it complains about incorrect release number (11.5, rather than 11.1, and I have already tried just to change the version number - more...

PB 11.5 application is lower than the same application on PB 9
Hi, We have recently migrated our full source from PB 9 to PB 11.5. We found that the program is running extremely slow. We noticed that it happens mostly when using GUI. There are delays even when tabbing though controls on the screen. We run tracing on both environments, and most of the functions show that the response time is better in PB 11.5, but the experience of using PB11.5 application is very slow anyway. Has anyone experienced the same? On Aug 21, 9:13=A0am, chaau <andrew.chered...@gmail.com> wrote: Sorry, typo in the title. Should be PB 11.5 application is slo...

PB 11.2 / 11.5.1 Application crashes randomly when closing a MDI window (since update to newest EBFs)
Hello, since we have updated our PowerBuilder 11 environment from 11.2.0.8669 to 11.2.0.8949, our compiled MDI application crashes randomly when a MDI window was closed or the whole Application Window was closed. There is no Error Message, only the "Sending Error Report"- Window. The entry in the event protocol of windows tells that the crash was in the module pbshr110.dll and sometimes that it was in pbdwe110.dll. We checked the problem by running the application with the /PBDEBUG option: destroy of the objects (datawindows) were called successfully. But before the ...

PB 11.5.1 and SqlAnywhere 5.5
When I open a datawindow in the datawindow painter and click Design>Data Source I get the following error message: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver] Syntax error: unknown function 'user_id' The heading on the message is GetTriggers. I do not have any triggers on this database. I get the same error regardless of the datawindow I open when I click Data Source. I click OK and it seems to be okay but not 100% sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jerry SQL Anywhere 5.5 has not been tested against PB 11.5.1. However, there is no reason that I can think that thi...

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

SNC Connection issues after Update from 11.5 to 11.5.1 4011
My deployed application was working just fine. I had used the Powerbuilder runtime packager to capture the required runtime files. During installation the SQL Server client is also installed. Recently I updated my PB professional to 11.5.1 4011. Performed the exact same steps to build a new setup exe. Used the available Runtime packager from the menu item. I'm not sure if this runtime packager was actually updated with the 11.5.1 4011 update. Now, when I try and run the deployed application I'm getting the error message "DBMS SNC is not supported in your current...

PB 11.5.1 connectivity with VC++ (Urgentttttttttttttt)
Hiya, My application is in PB11.5.1. Through this applcation, I call functions written in VC++ using user objects and local external function calls, to do various calculations. In the function in PB, I pass parameters to VC++, in the form of handle. Is there any way in PB, through which I can get the value associated with the handle. I understand that handle is a unique long value associated with an object but I want to derefernce that value and want to know, through handle, what original value is passed. Thanks, Manich Er, um, the Handle function? -- Report Bugs to Syb...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

Error connecting to SQL Server database with PB 11.5
SQL error text is : Sybase.Powerbuilder.db , Version 11.5.0.0, Culture= Neutral, PublickEytoken=b76b10796def6a00 was not found I am trying to run a pb executable from another machine - Is this a licensing issue or something ? Regards, Jas On Dec 14 2009, 9:55=A0am, jasvinder wrote: > SQL error text is : > > Sybase.Powerbuilder.db , Version 11.5.0.0, Culture=3D Neutral, > PublickEytoken=3Db76b10796def6a00 was not found > > I am trying to run a pb executable from another machine - Is > this a licensing issue or something ? > > Regards, > Jas ...

Smoke [5.11.1] v5.11.1-62-g0abd0d7 FAIL(XF) netbsd 5.0.1 (i386/1 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.11.1 patch 0abd0d78a73da1c4d13b1c700526b7e5d03b32d4 v5.11.1-62-g0abd0d7 p5netbsd: Intel 686-class (i386/1 cpu) on netbsd - 5.0.1 using cc version 4.1.3 20080704 prerelease (NetBSD nb2 20081120) smoketime 6 hours 33 minutes (average 49 minutes 12 seconds) Summary: FAIL(XF) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = m...

Smoke [5.11.1] v5.11.1-205-ga1248f1 FAIL(F) netbsd 5.0.1 (i386/1 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.11.1 patch a1248f17ffcfa8fe0e91df962317b46b81fc0ce5 v5.11.1-205-ga1248f1 p5netbsd: Intel 686-class (i386/1 cpu) on netbsd - 5.0.1 using cc version 4.1.3 20080704 prerelease (NetBSD nb2 20081120) smoketime 6 hours 36 minutes (average 49 minutes 32 seconds) Summary: FAIL(F) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = m...

Web resources about - PB 11.5.1 Application on VM not connecting to SS2008 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Pre-Christmas job application rush hits Australian public service
Speed required for pre-Christmas job window opening for public servants. Check out who is hiring.

Cloud application adoption increases 71 percent in 2015
The adoption of cloud applications is soaring, up by 71 percent in the last year according to the results of a new survey. The latest Cloud ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

Apple Patent Application Hints at Waterproof iPhone
The patent application describes special rubber ports over headphone and other openings to protect them from water coming in.