ORACLE procedures, PowerBuilder and connection via ODBC

Hi!

    My problem is:
        I have a procedure on ORACLE database:
                create procedure (as_name IN VARCHAR2, al_id IN OUT
INTEGER);
                begin
                end;
        and I am connecting to ORACLE via ODBC. How can I execute such a
procedure from Powerbuilder. I have tried to do this in all possible manners
described in the documentation (RPCFUN, Declare, PBDBMS), but I have failed.
There is always an error from database. I have succeded to execute this
procedure when I was connecting via Native Driver, but I cannot use Native
Driver in my application for some reason. Please help.

ORACLE 8.0.5, Microsoft ODBC Driver for ORACLE 2.00.006325, PowerBuilder 6.0

Roman Zarzecki
rzarzecki@gis.com.pl

0
Roman

You probably need a newer ODBC driver.  Have you tried one of Oracle's ODBC
drivers?  You can download them from Technet:
http://technet.oracle.com/software/utilities/software_index.htm

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.

Roman Zarzecki <rzarzecki@gis.com.pl> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
>     My problem is:
>         I have a procedure on ORACLE database:
>                 create procedure (as_name IN VARCHAR2, al_id IN OUT
> INTEGER);
>                 begin
>                 end;
>         and I am connecting to ORACLE via ODBC. How can I execute such a
> procedure from Powerbuilder. I have tried to do this in all possible
manners
> described in the documentation (RPCFUN, Declare, PBDBMS), but I have
failed.
> There is always an error from database. I have succeded to execute this
> procedure when I was connecting via Native Driver, but I cannot use Native
> Driver in my application for some reason. Please help.
>
> ORACLE 8.0.5, Microsoft ODBC Driver for ORACLE 2.00.006325, PowerBuilder
6.0

> Roman Zarzecki
> rzarzecki@gis.com.pl

0
Terry

Connecting PowerBuilder 7.0 to Oracle 8i via ODBC
Hi all, I am connecting a PowerBuilder 7.0 application to an Oracle 8i database via ODBC (driver version 8.01.61.00) in a client server system. The Oracle ODBC driver does retrieve the table information but not the columns. I get the message "Table 'xxxx' has no columns, possible invalid table format". If I use the native connection or the Microsoft ODBC driver instead, it seems to fix the problem. Using the Microsoft driver is not an option because of it not supporting BLOBs. Thanks in advance, Didier Latkowski ...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

ODBC for PowerBuilder connecting to Oracle 8
I've got a legacy PB4 application on Win 95 and 3x clients that I haven't been able to get to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5 database on Windows NT. PB4 isn't working properly with SQL*Net 2.3.3, the client that comes on the Oracle 8 CD. Would it be easier to use ODBC to connect than SQL*Net? Please advise. Most PB4 apps are 16 bit, and I'm guessing that the SQL*NET you have installed on that machine is 32 bit. You either need to (a) use a 32 bit version of SQL*NET or (b) install the 16 bit version of SQL*NET. (I would recommend the former of the two). Also, you need t...

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC
I'm unable to connect to my Access 97 database using Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE: S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger]Program type out of range. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent vuv@gte.net ...

Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC
I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent Vu vuv@gte.net I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder 6.5. Do you have any solution to help me? if you have any solution please send e-mail to me. Thanks, E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk ...

How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC?
Hi all I'm a newbie for PowerBuilder. I have some question. How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC? How can I use sql command (select, insert, etc) to Excel sheet? TIA >I'm a newbie for PowerBuilder. I have some question. >How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC? >How can I use sql command (select, insert, etc) to Excel sheet? >TIA It's been a while, but you need to install the odbc excel driver and then configure a datasource just like any other odbc datasource. You might check the faxback documents on the sybase web s...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Connect to Oracle Express 10.2g with ODBC with Powerbuilder
I can contact to the local Oracle database with ODBC-Data-Sources interface and the oracle ODBC-Driver ( Oracle in XE ) TNS Service Name = //STPXP2:1042/XE If I test now the SERVER CONNECTION , I get: SUCCESS If I try to connect within Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 6071 with TOP 1 O10 I get always the Error-Message: 12154 TNS Cannot resolve TNX-name TOP 2 With ODBC-Driver and the RUNNING Oracle-ODBC-driver Error-Message: 12154 TNS Cannot resolve TNX-name If you use the O10 driver, you are connecting natively. Simply put XE as the servername. I don't have XE on my...

Problems with Powerbuilder accesing an Acces Database via ODBC
I've developed an application with PB60, under windows NT Wk. 4.0 I compiled it and tested it under WNT Wrokstation 4.0 and it worked fun. Afetr it, I re-compiled and regenerated the application under W95, and when I tried to execute the .exe file compiled, I couldn�t acces the database, and I catched this error when trying to connect the SQLCA: "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current Instalation". Moreover, if I run the application with the "RUN" painter, it works ok! I get the parameters to connect from an .INI file, which is in the same directory that t...

PowerBuilder 6.5 issues with an ODBC connection to a Database
PowerBuilder 6.5 Build 444 Windows XP ********** ALSO SEE ATTACHMENTS ************ I am working on the project that we talked about in April. We are hoping the client will be convinced to go to PowerBuilder 10.5, but at this moment I am stuck in the 6.5 world. We are using a new database by HP in which it is a Non Stop System. It is an ODBC connection (ver. 3) with the drivers developed by HP. It is SQL '9x compliant ( ANSI SQL:99 ). After connecting I get errors when trying to retrieve a datawindow. The first time when opening the Pre- View I get data because of the ...

Powerbuilder/Oracle via ODBC (Can I stump Team PS?)
I have a application that I have developed with a SQL server back end and I specifically developed for Microsoft ODBC so my back end would remain independent. I am now trying to connect to Oracle Open Server 7.3 and have been successful in connecting but when I open a window with a data window on it the data window does not populate and I get a ODBC error. I have checked the registry entries and I am using the correct dll's according to Sybase and Oracle. I cannot use the Direct driver as I am developing with Professional Edition(PB5.0.04) and this does not support Direct Connectio...

Powerbuilder connecting to Lotus Notes via the Notes ODBC Provider
Hi, I am a Developer on the Lotus NotesSQL team. NotesSQL is a 2.x ODBC driver for Lotus Notes. Recently, a customer reported a problem between Powerbuilder connecting to a Notes database via the Notes ODBC drivers (named NotesSQL, available at http://www.lotus.com/notessql). I had gotten an eval of Powerbuilder 7.0 (Version 7.0 Build 5031) from your website and tested the connection and saw the issue. The issue reported was that making a connection between Powerbuilder and the NotesSQL driver and putting the Username and Password in their respective fields in the database...

ODBC for Connecting Powerbuilder 6.5 on Sun Solaris to Oracle
Does Powerbuilder 6.5 support the following: ODBC to connect to Oracle 8.05 on a Sun Solaris machine? Yes, assuming you mean PB6.5 running on W95/NT. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. joe wrote in message <37554C8A.2E3D4A6C@idfm.com>... >Does Powerbuilder 6.5 support the following: >ODBC to connect to Oracle 8.05 on a Sun Solaris machine? > ...

Web resources about - ORACLE procedures, PowerBuilder and connection via ODBC - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles