Oracle package returns no data with OLE DB driver

We have a simple Oracle package procedure returning data via a reference
cursor as it is the standard way to retrieve data from Oracle procedures.
When we use the OLE DB driver to retrieve the data none comes back.  There
is no error.  When we use the O10 driver data is retrieved.  If we put the
same code in a standalone Oracle procedure it is retrieved with either
driver.  So for some reason the OLE DB driver is unable to retrieve data
from an Oracle package procedure.

We are on PB 11.5 Build 2506.  I also tried this with build 4740.

While using the O10 driver is doable for us, it introduces some risk that
we'd rather not take.  For example, the user may also need to use the ORA
driver (11g), and we've had experience with that driver in this application
which did not work well.  That might have been with 11.1, so maybe our ORA
driver experience will be different with 11.5.

So the question is, has anyone else experienced this problem, or have any
suggestions?

Thanks, Harvey

0
Harvey

So we took the O10 route on this and it works fine in our development
environment, but in our support environment we get this: Current NLS_CHARSET
setting is not supported by EAServer or MTS

I've seen this reported before, and Oracle has been lambasted for delivering
a debug version of oramts.dll.  We think we have the correct version of that
dll, although I have to doublecheck.  There was an EBF to fix this problem
on the Sybase side (#14817) but I expect that is already included in our
build of PB 11, 2506.  If anyone thinks it would not be included in PB 11,
2506, please let me know.

Thanks, Harvey

"Harvey Kravis" <harvey.kravis@sungardhe.com> wrote in message
> We have a simple Oracle package procedure returning data via a reference
> cursor as it is the standard way to retrieve data from Oracle procedures.
> When we use the OLE DB driver to retrieve the data none comes back.  There
> is no error.  When we use the O10 driver data is retrieved.  If we put the
> same code in a standalone Oracle procedure it is retrieved with either
> driver.  So for some reason the OLE DB driver is unable to retrieve data
> from an Oracle package procedure.
>
> We are on PB 11.5 Build 2506.  I also tried this with build 4740.
>
> While using the O10 driver is doable for us, it introduces some risk that
> we'd rather not take.  For example, the user may also need to use the ORA
> driver (11g), and we've had experience with that driver in this
> application which did not work well.  That might have been with 11.1, so
> maybe our ORA driver experience will be different with 11.5.
>
> So the question is, has anyone else experienced this problem, or have any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Harvey

0
Harvey

PowerBuilder 9.0.2 native Oracle driver for Oracle 10g database
We are migrating from Oracle 8i to 10g. The PowerBuilder 9.0.2 application is extremely slow using PowerBuilder Oracle 8.4 or 9.0 native driver to connect to Oracle 10g database, We had to use 7.3 driver. After using trace we found that the SQL scripts with index hint cause slow down, but they are working ok using Oracle 8.4 driver with Oracle 8i database. Any suggestion which is best way to connect from PowerBuilder 9.0.2 to Oracle 10g database? We have tried the Oracle 8.1.7 client and Oracle 9.0 client. I found a solved case on Sybase support web site, but we do not have support...

Is Oracle an an OLE DB Data Source??
Ciao, I have an important question for you. I read this from Microsoft WebSite: To connect to an OLE DB data source, or to Microsoft SQL Server version 6.x or earlier using the OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (SQLOLEDB), use the OleDbConnection object of the .NET Framework Data Provider for OLE DB. To connect to an Oracle data source, use the OracleConnection object of the .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle. Well, I want to know what is the difference between using a oledb connection or an oracle connection if I must use an Oracle db. It's the same? Can I use oledb connect...

C# function/method to synchronize Data in Oracle DB when SQL Server DB Table data changes
Hi Like to take help in implementing below functionality between Oracle Database and SQL Server may be using C# function Requirement It is required to update/synchronize data in Oracle DB Table when data in Table on SQL Server changes/updated. Solution: Option 1) using SQL Server Integration Services : It is feasible to use SSIS and a Trigger on Table in Oracle to update Table. Option 2) writing a C# function/method to connect to SQL Server DB first and read updates from Table, store them in DataTable. write changes/updates to Table in Oracle Database T...

How to make PB oracle 804 db interface drivers see the Oracle 8.1.6 network drivers??
On a clean machine, we installed PB 7.0.2 Build 8046 (Oracle 8.1.6 configuration was already set up) and we did not have to do the mapping to the Oracle/bin directory via Novell Mapping. On a machine that already has PB and we made changes to the Oracle registry path - why do we have to do a mapping via Novell mapping to make the PB 804 drivers work with the Oracle 8.1.6 drivers. The only way this worked for us was to install the Oracle 8i client. We CANNOT install this client on all the end-users' PC's. Oracle 7.3 drivers work fine without this mapping. Any ideas?? ...

PowerBuilder 8.0.1 and Oracle O84 database driver
I am experiencing failed datastore retrieves on SQL that has been proven through SQL*Plus and also has been proven using the Oracle ODBC driver through PB. Is any one aware of any known bugs, limitations, or new settings with this O84 driver that could prevent a proven SQL from executing properly? The SQL runs just shy of 6 minutes before it returns the error. This particular SQL is intensive, takes about 6 minutes to complete, and returns around 547 records. Quick queries are successful using the O84 driver. I attempted to switch to the 7.3 native driver, but it is giving me TNS p...

OLE DB driver truncates the Database name during execution of procedure from datawindow
Hi Everyone, I am running PowerBuilder application from a client machine which is using OLE DB driver(pbole90.dll). I have kept pbole90.dll file in the application directory and dll file is also registered. It works fine connecting the database and accessing applications. But when we access a datawindow that is called from a stored procedure of a different database, the application truncates the <database name>.dbo.<Procedure Name> and throws an error message as "SQLstate42000. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server. Could not find stored procedure <Procedu...

OLE DB / ADO / VB
Hello folks ! I'm having a pretty damn crazy problem here: VB 6 CODE---------------------- Dim db As ADODB.Connection Set db = New ADODB.Connection db.Open "Provider=Sybase.ASEOLEDBProvider.2;Initial Catalog=dotbr;User ID=sa;Data Source=dotbr;", "sa", "" Dim cmd As ADODB.Command Set cmd = New ADODB.Command cmd.ActiveConnection = db cmd.CommandText = "pr_teste" cmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc Dim inoutParam As ADODB.Parameter Set inoutParam = cmd.CreateParameter("@d", ...

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.
Hi All, I am getting an exception with description as System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done. I am trying to connect to access database and I had written connection string in web.config file. the code for that as <appSettings>  <add key="UserSpecs" value="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=localhost; Initial Catalog=BaseData; User Id=; Password=;"/> </appSettings> I am getting exception on connection.open() . Any idea...

Coonecting to Oracle db using OLE DB
Hi, Is there a way I can use the OLEDB driver to access the oracle database for powerbuilder enterprise edition 6.5. Right now we are using the Intersolve driver to access oracle.What is the Powersoft driver to access the oracle 8 and up. Hope I could convey the message. Please help. Vinod PB 6.5 doesn't support the OLE DB driver. You use the O73 driver or the O84 native drivers. You must have 6.5.1 and one of the later EBFs to use the O84 driver. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Searc...

Y ADO.NET does not return a simple ReadOnly Query data as a DataTable though we need most of the times a Single Table of Data from DataBase ? Similar to DataAdapter returning a DataSet ! Or can we Typ
Hi All, After we moved from JSP and started developing a web application in ASP.NET, the DataAdapter is used for all sort of operations like insert/update/delete for a table. But, most of the time we need to query the data from db for a Table/View and the returned data will be a Single Table of data. Though ADO.NET has a facility of keeping such a data in DataTable, y does ADO.NET have not provided a way to return a DataTable. Similar to DataAdapter returning a DataSet. Its like a mix up of DataReader and DataAdapter with Read Only component returning DataTable. Or, please let me know...

error in connecting to oracle:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
i am trying to connect to oracle using the following connection string..but a get the following error what should i do. this is the function to make connection to DB which i am using Private Function GetDBConnection Const cConnection = "SERVER=LPTEXT;driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};UID=scott;PWD=tiger;" Dim objConnection '* Create the connection object Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") objConnection.ConnectionString = cConnection objConnection.CursorLocation = 3 '* adUseClient objC...

connecting PowerBuilder 10 to MS-SQL Server using OLE DB: Problems with trailing blanks in StringType Data
HI. We work on a project using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 connected to a MS-SQL Server DataBase. Now we want to upgrade to PB 10, and we've realized that we have to use OLE DB to connect to our DataBase. OK, we've made the connection via OLE DB, now we are starting to have some unexpected troubles.. For instance: In datawindows retrieving String Type data, the OLE DB connection give us all the string data without trimming the trailing blank spaces...With PowerBuilder 9 (and its native MSSQL Server interface), the String data would come all trimmed down...i.e.: "HELLO"...

connecting PowerBuilder 10 to MS-SQL Server using OLE DB: Problems with trailing blanks in StringType Data
HI. We work on a project using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 connected to a MS-SQL Server DataBase. Now we want to upgrade to PB 10, and we've realized that we have to use OLE DB to connect to our DataBase. OK, we've made the connection via OLE DB, now we are starting to have some unexpected troubles.. For instance: In datawindows retrieving String Type data, the OLE DB connection give us all the string data without trimming the trailing blank spaces...With PowerBuilder 9 (and its native MSSQL Server interface), the String data would come all trimmed down...i.e.: "HELLO"...

PowerBuilder
Hi I am using PB 6.5.1 with Oracle 8 and 8i ( pbo8460.dll) There seems to be a problem when user enters : -> in a field and updates the datawindow. ( the 3 characters entered are {space}-{dash}-{greater sign} for clarity ..) the update succeds, but the {space}-{dash}-{greater sign} is replaced in the database by pb1.. ( 5 char) It seems that the pbo8460.dll uses " ->" as an internal separator, but what could I do if the user WANTs to type that ??? Extract of pbtrace.log ( my comments followed by ***************************) SELECT "C_DTG"."DTG1_...

Web resources about - Oracle package returns no data with OLE DB driver - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Bose speaker packages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bose has been a manufacturer of stereo speakers since the late 1960s. In the current range, the 201, 301 and 901 systems use the unique design ...

Denmark footballer Leon Andreasen sustains serious injury while opening package with knife - AdelaideNow ...
DENMARK midfielder Leon Andreasen will miss his country’s Euro 2016 play-off tie with Sweden after cutting himself with a knife.

Woolworths under new pressure over CEO's 'pay-for-failure' exit package
Woolworths shareholders have call for a new exit package for outgoing chief executive Grant O'Brien.

Ten chairman David Gordon calls for full media reform package
Ten Network Holdings chairman David Gordon calls for the removal of all media ownership regulation rather than picking off legislation bit by ...

Suspicious package prompts airport evacuation in Fort McMurray
The airport in Fort McMurray, Alta., has resumed normal operations after being evacuated Friday night because of a suspicious package.

VW Gives 'Goodwill Package' to Customers in Wake of Scandal
... scandal in an attempt to recapture some trust lost during the nearly two-month old affair. The program, called the "Customer Goodwill Package," ...

Ten chairman David Gordon calls for full media reform package
Ten Network Holdings chairman David Gordon calls for the removal of all media ownership regulation rather than picking off legislation bit by ...

Sling TV adds Outside Television to its Sports Extra package
... sports like skiing, snowboarding, surfing, kayaking, climbing, mountain biking, BASE jumping, and more. Other channels in the sports package ...

Audi will offer A3 TDI owners same goodwill package
Filed under: Green , Audi , Emissions , Diesel Audi will offer A3 TDI owners in the US an identical Goodwill Package as Volkswagen to show appreciation ...

Important Package for You!
Submitted by: (via @kokonananya ) Tagged: gifs , cute , Cats Share on Facebook