Ms SqlServer in ODBC-interface

I cannot access datawindows (or build them) with stored
procedures as data source (and sp's containing arguments).
No problem with sp's without arguments. However I can
execute them in PB's db-painter with or without arguments.
My environment: PB Professional Edition version 11.5 and
SqLServer 2003. The database is connected via
ODBC-interface.
I copied my data tables, sp's from a SqlAnywhere 9.
The error-message like = Illegal characterconversion
(although in swedish). Hope someone can help me with good
advice. Bengt
0
Bengt

<Bengt Astrom> wrote in message news:4c449921.1f3d.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I cannot access datawindows (or build them) with stored
> procedures as data source (and sp's containing arguments).
> No problem with sp's without arguments. However I can
> execute them in PB's db-painter with or without arguments.
> My environment: PB Professional Edition version 11.5 and
> SqLServer 2003. The database is connected via
> ODBC-interface.
> I copied my data tables, sp's from a SqlAnywhere 9.
> The error-message like = Illegal characterconversion
> (although in swedish). Hope someone can help me with good
> advice. Bengt

The easiest solution is to temporarily remove the arguments to create your
datawindow - then add them back to the procedure and datawindow.

0
Scott
7/19/2010 8:46:56 PM
> <Bengt Astrom> wrote in message
> news:4c449921.1f3d.1681692777@sybase.com... >I cannot
> > access datawindows (or build them) with stored
> > procedures as data source (and sp's containing
> arguments). No problem with sp's without arguments.
> > However I can execute them in PB's db-painter with or
> > without arguments. My environment: PB Professional
> > Edition version 11.5 and SqLServer 2003. The database is
> > connected via ODBC-interface.
> > I copied my data tables, sp's from a SqlAnywhere 9.
> > The error-message like = Illegal characterconversion
> > (although in swedish). Hope someone can help me with
> > good advice. Bengt
>
> The easiest solution is to temporarily remove the
> arguments to create your  datawindow - then add them back
> to the procedure and datawindow.
>
> Thanks a lot, it worked!!
0
Bengt

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

database interfaces in powerbuilder 10
I installed powerbuilder 10 with the default configurations. When I went to connect to my microsoft sql server database, I noticed that 10 didnt have a MSS Microsoft SQL Server database interface. How do I add it? Did I miss a selection during installation? Please email back at wahidta@friedfrank.com Thanks, Tashfin Wahid As far as I know, for 10 you would use the ADO.net driver to connect to MS Sql Server. That is the way the MS is going for their database connectivity, so no native driver included. So you would create a datasource on your local machine and configure the ...

PowerBuilder vs MS SQLServer
Hi guys. I need help. We have a application developed on PowerBuilder 6.5 and I need to know about restrictions for connecting with Microsoft SQLServer 7.0 across ODBC 3.5. Somebody know some restriction? In article <x0BbF233#GA.206@forums.sybase.com>, srosa@mastersaf.com.br says... > > Somebody know some restriction? > I haven't heard of any... You need to upgrade to 6.5.1 which has, I believe, a fixed DLL to allow you to access SQL7 properly. S. Sergio Augusto wrote in message ... >Hi guys. > >I need help. > >We have a ...

MS SqlServer connected via ODBC
Hello out there, Anyone experienced whit that connection? If so, I'm interested to get an advice from you. The problem is that I can't get my dw-retrieval's with args work from appl. They work fine without args as well as RPC-calls with and without args. DW-retrieval's from DB-painter work also fine with and without args. In appl. I tried to change vars to constants with no success. Here's the message:[Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]Invalid character value for cast specifikation. There's a company decision to change from DB-Library to ODBC due to obsolete f...

PowerBuilder Database Interfaces (please help)
I have been working with PowerBuilder 7.0 professional edition for awhile now and I have notice that I regulary receive the following errors: 1// DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. 2// There are no database interface currently installed. I can reinstall powerbuilder and my database interface but after I open powerbuilder and create my connection and close powerbuilder again I receive the same errors. With these erors I can not connect to my data base and create data windows. Now reciently I have notice that even when I reinstall powerbuilder I will re...

MS SqlServer-connection via ODBC
Hi there When retrieving data with some arguments I get a crash accompanied with SqlState 22005. Datasource is a stored procedure implemented in a datawindow. This appears only in the application, same retrieve from PB databasepainter goes successfully. When debugging the code, I can see that my variable-arguments are nice and neat just before the retrieve-statement. In the sqlpreview-event , where the crash appears, my arguments are changed to quotation-marks and this is of course the reason for the crash. But why are they changed? In the appl. I changed variable-arguments to cons...

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

moving a MS SQLServer consolidated database
Hello All ASA 9.011883 MLS 9.01.1883 MS SQLServer 2K I need to move a SQLServer consolidated database to a new server I need to know what I need to do. I have moved the DB over to the new machine and changed the remote server for the asa db but when I run the sync it cant find the DB Pat Beal Mobilink server started ?? John "Pat Beal" <pbeal2@yourfutureimage.com> wrote in message news:415457cf@forums-1-dub... > Hello All > ASA 9.011883 > MLS 9.01.1883 > MS SQLServer 2K > > I need to move a SQLServer consolidated database to a n...

MS odbc SQLserver driver error
Hi all, I have problem with datawindow including subselect with retrieval argument. Whenever I'm connected using ODBC to MSSQL database, I get error message - SQLSTATE = 37000 - syntax error or access violation. If I'm connected to MSSQL natively or connected to any other database through ODBC, it works fine. I have installed the newest MDAC - 2.7. Is there any solution? Thanks a lot Jan Sejnoha What is the specific query? This error usually is (90% of the time in my experience) a syntax error. /ck "Jan Sejnoha" <jan.sejnoha@anet-brno.cz> wro...

cannot access powerbuilder configure odbc or databases
After installing powerbuilder 5.0 on NT4 sp3 .... and then go into powerbuilder and click on configure odbc and get the infinite hourglass Could anyone tell me what the problem could be ? I've tried to uninstall (which has never been successful and i end up deleting the directories and do a regclean) and re-installing it. And i still get the same results. Dist, Can you get to the ODBC setup through the control panel? Also, try reinstalling (no need to uninstall) PB and verifying that you install all required ODBC drivers. You may also have to go to the "Native Driv...

Not Seeing ODBC Database Interface under PB10
Running under PowerBuilder 10.2.1 Build 9761. I just noticed that when I select the DB Profile button to view my installed database interfaces, a section for ODBC is not there. Under my PB9 installation, I see a node titled ODB ODBC. From there I can see my ODBC configurations. FWIW, I can run my app, and attach to an ODBC DSN just fine. Probably been running PB10 here for the last 6 months and haven't even noticed this until today (was trying to connect to one of our test db's). Can anybody point me in the right direction on this? I've looked under every n...

MS SQLServer databases
I am using PowerBuilder 5.0.02 connecting to a MS SQLServer v 6.5 database using the native driver. When I create a new table, and then try to view the table, I get a message that says "Tablename, colname, data type is not supported". I have tried choosing several different data types - it does not matter what I pick. Anybody else have this problem? Why can't I create a table correctly????????? Thanks, Erin O'Leary This is an old PB problem that surface when MS SQLServer 6.5 came out. Upgrade to the latest maintenance release - 5.0.04 - from the we...

Powerbuilder 7.02 and MS SQLServer 2000
We are looking at migrating current powerbuilder 6.51 applications to Powerbuilder 7.0.2 (7.0.2 due to version compatibility to a 3rd party software package that will be migrated at the same time) In addition to the Powerbuilder migration, there is the possible move from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to SQL Server 2000. My question is, are there native SQL Server 2000 database drivers, will the SQL Server 7.0 drivers handle the database connection, or is there another solution I'm overlooking. I've looked through the news groups, and seen many mixed feelings regarding ...

import database from oracle to ms access through powerbuilder..!!
Hi everybody, environment: Powerbuilder8.0 Oracle8i MS Access XP I want to import data and tables from Oracle to MS Access through powerbuilder. Can somebody tell me how i can do this.. Thanks, Noaman Mughal Pipeline object. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 4 Sep 2003 19:00:40 -0700, "noaman mughal" <noaman_mughal@msn.com> wrote: >Hi everybody, > >environment: >Powerbuilder8.0 >Oracle8i >MS Access XP > >I want to import data and tables from Oracle to MS Access through >powerbuilder....

Web resources about - Ms SqlServer in ODBC-interface - sybase.powerbuilder.database