MS SQLServer databases - data types

I am using PowerBuilder 5.0.02 connecting to a MS SQLServer v 6.5 database
using the native driver.

When I create a new table, and then try to view the table, I get a message
that says "Tablename, colname, data type is not supported".    I have tried
choosing several different data types - it does not matter what I pick.

Anybody else have this problem?  Why can't I create a table
correctly?????????

Thanks,

Erin O'Leary

0
Erin

This is an old PB problem that surface when MS SQLServer 6.5 came out.  Upgrade
to the latest maintenance release - 5.0.04 - from the web and you should be all
set.

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support

Erin O'Leary wrote:

> I am using PowerBuilder 5.0.02 connecting to a MS SQLServer v 6.5 database
> using the native driver.
>
> When I create a new table, and then try to view the table, I get a message
> that says "Tablename, colname, data type is not supported".    I have tried
> choosing several different data types - it does not matter what I pick.
>
> Anybody else have this problem?  Why can't I create a table
> correctly?????????
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erin O'Leary

0
Jim
10/12/1998 8:00:36 PM
Jim -
Thanks for responding.

I upgraded to 5.0.04 and it still does not work.  Any other suggestions?

Erin O'Leary

0
Erin