MS SQL 7.0 Text Field - can't get past 4096 characters.

I have a table with a field of type text. When I try and retrieve data
from it, anything past 4096 characters get's dropped off. I've tried
both a datawindow and doing an actual select into a string field.

Any suggestions?

TIA - Jeffrey.

0
Jeffrey

You need to use BLOBs for text fields.

-Ashish

Jeffrey Bradshaw <jbradshaw666@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I have a table with a field of type text. When I try and retrieve data
> from it, anything past 4096 characters get's dropped off. I've tried
> both a datawindow and doing an actual select into a string field.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> TIA - Jeffrey.

0
Ashish
11/1/1999 4:49:08 PM
Jeffrey Bradshaw <jbradshaw666@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I have a table with a field of type text. When I try and retrieve data
> from it, anything past 4096 characters get's dropped off. I've tried
> both a datawindow and doing an actual select into a string field.
>
> Any suggestions?

0
Michael

Check out the DBTEXTLIMIT dbparm parameter in the PB helpfile.

HTH
--
Met vriendelijke groet,

- Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://www.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

Jeffrey Bradshaw <jbradshaw666@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I have a table with a field of type text. When I try and retrieve data
> from it, anything past 4096 characters get's dropped off. I've tried
> both a datawindow and doing an actual select into a string field.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> TIA - Jeffrey.

0
Eric

POWERBUILDER 7.0
I am having problems getting updates to commit through powerbuilder. We have a few layers of stored procedures which make the queries a little long. Have tried MSS, ODBC, OLE DB connections, we've been messing with connection options for weeks, nothing seems to work. ODBC traces show success. This may not help you much; but, we have been using PB 7.0 with MS SQL Server 7.0 for months in a production application and have never had a problem with commits on updates (using native MSS drivers). So, I would look at your own code. Where do you issue the commits? regards ...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

Connect MS-SQL 7.0 in PowerBuilder 7.0
In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? Please post to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder newsgroups This is dedicated to PB issues when used within Jaguar Masun wrote: > In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but > in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? ...

Converting a SQL Server TEXT field so we don't get overflow in a dw.
I thought this would work Convert(varchar(4099), Err.error_text), However, I am still getting a data overflow error. The column is defined on the SQL Server Side to be that of text and it is my understanding that the maximum size PB will hold in a dw in char(4099)....Someone correct me if I am wrong. Can anyone offer some suggestions? tia, chance. Chance; Until PB 11, you will have to do a SelectBlob ( ) on any "Text" data types (as far as I know). Regards ... Chris "chance" <chance@crwmail.com> wrote in message news:44590154$...

Why I don't get "Plain Text" error messages from MS-SQL
Hello, I get more than less jargon error messages from Microsoft SQL, as Interbase can give something sane like "Foreignkey error SomeForeighKey on table SomeWeirdTableName" While with MS-SQL I get something like: "SQL State: 01000, SQL Error Code: 3621 SQL State: 23000, SQL Error Code: 547" which tells absolutely nothing, and takes ages to trace the actual error. I've seen sane error message from MS-SQL with our product maybe once or twice, so it can happen :) . Any ideas where to look at this??? -TP- ...

PowerBuilder 6.5.1; MS SQL Server 7.0; ODBC; Text Column
PowerBuilder 6.5.1 ODBC MS SQL Server 7.0 Text Column I can't seem to insert a String with a length of 66,000 char to a Text Column. I get a to big (999) error I've change this in the pbodb60.ini PBMaxTextSize='2147483647' and I've added DBTextLimit='100000' to my SQLCA.DBParm Any Ideas? Best Regards, Adri�n Galv�n Adrian, Do you have this problem if you use the UpdateBlob statement as well, or just with Insert ? Sanjiv. "Adrian Galvan" <Nospam_agalvan@audisys.com> wrote in message news:40896004$1@forums-1-d...

PB 7.0 MS SQL 6.5 text field in cursor data conversion overflow
Table has a text column. when reading the table in a cursor, occasionally the FETCH returns an SQLCode = -1 with the SQLErrText = "Data conversion resulted in overflow.". If I replace the text field in the table row with an SQL set statement with the same data that is already in the text field, the problem goes away. How can I find out what is wrong with the text column? How can I prevent my entry program (a datawindow) from creating this bad data? From: Bruce Quillin I discovered that on the records that are causing the "Data Conversion" error, the tex...

Firefox 3.0.5 text fields get 'deselected'
Mozilla, Great product, but I've got a problem I've been noticing recently. I have Firefox version 3.0.5, and after writing messages in Gmail for a while I noticed that after typing for a while, the text field will periodically become deselected (so I have to click on the field again to continue typing). I'm not sure if it only occurs whenever Gmail autosaves the message, but I doubt this because I've noticed that on other sites (in search bars, for instance) the text field become deselected, and I have to manually click back on the field. It doesn't happen all tha...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

PB 7.0 MS SQL 7.0 Uniqueidentifier
Hello I have a problem with with uniqueidentifier column. I have table with one uniqueidentifier columne when I try to run select like this within database painter: select * from table_name; I have an error about using embeded SQL. The same SQL runned within aplication dosn't raise an errror but value from uniqueidentifier column is truncated. Help. (PB 7.0, MS SQL 7.0, OLE DB - SQLOLEDB) ...

[...]

Unload Utility (11.0.1.2044) won't connect to old 7.0.4 database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b951d2b Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The documentation says if you have all 'old' servers shut down, and you use DBUnload to connect to an old database on the same machine via Share Memory connection, DBUnload will dump an older database. However, DBUnload fails to connect saying the database was created with a different version of the software. I've tried to use Sybase Central with the same results. I'm running from the command line with...

Web resources about - MS SQL 7.0 Text Field - can't get past 4096 characters. - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Dilbert (character) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dilbert is a fictional character and the main character and protagonist of the Dilbert comic strip . He is a white collar office worker who has ...

Zoolander 2 faces boycott over Benedict Cumberbatch's transphobic character
The anticipated Zoolander sequel has been blasted as "hateful" in a petition agitating for the film to be boycotted for enforcing dangerous perceptions ...

Meet Crusoe, Ottawa's best-selling 'small dog with a big character' - CTV News
With a New York Times best-selling book and 20 million YouTube hits under his belt, Crusoe may just be the world's most interesting dog.

Sainsbury's Brings Beloved Kids' Character to Life and Tops U.K. Book Sales
This week saw an unexpected new title shoot to the top of the U.K's official book charts: "Mog's Christmas Calamity," by children's author Judith ...

Friday Evening Open Thread: Cartoons & Cartoon Characters
Charlie Hebdo's new cover: "They've got guns. Screw them, we've got champagne" pic.twitter.com/2vdhjizOU6 — Katy Lee (@kjalee) November 17, ...

J.K. Rowling just set the record straight on the most controversial character in the 'Harry Potter' series ...
"Harry Potter" author J.K. Rowling just weighed in on a raging debate over the character of Severus Snape. After years of hating the Dark Arts ...

Lives cut short by Paris attacks remembered in 140 characters
As Parisians remember the victims of last week's terror attacks with candles and flowers, another kind of memorial is unfolding on social media ...

Is Benedict Cumberbatch’s character in ‘Zoolander 2′ actually transphobic?
... prominently in the second trailer. I assumed Benedict would be playing himself or some version of himself, but he’s playing a real character, ...

Arrow Is Bringing Back A Major Character, Get The Details
When Arrow returns from its midseason hiatus next year, this character who hasn’t been seen since last season will return. Spoiler alert! If ...

What hellish humans have you crafted with Fallout 4's character creator
Haha, man, I can't get over how good some of these Fallout 4 character creation templates are. Beavis and Butthead is probably my absolute favorite, ...