MS SQL 6.5 Unable to connect to database PB 7.0 Enterprise - Windows 98

I am having an intermittent problem when many users attempt to run my
PowerBuilder application written in PowerBuilder 7.0 Enterprise running on
Windows 98 workstations accessing a MS SQL 6.5 database.

The connection to the database is through the Powerbuilder native driver
interface (PBMSS70.DLL).

When the number of users reach a certain point and a new user attempts to
run the program, the user is presented the ODBC Data Sources program. (The
one the can be accessed through the Control Panel.)  When the user exits the
Data Sources program, PowerBuilder issues an error message:
            Database Error: Error #100: No data was found to satisfy this
request."

The problem only occurs on Windows 98 workstations.  There are Windows NT
4.0 workstations attached to the network that are able to run the program
even after the Windows 98 workstations get this error.

No error messages are logged to the Event Log on the SQL Server.

When all of the workstations get out of the program, the problem goes away.
It does not go away when we reduce the number of workstations accessing the
program.  Only when ALL of the workstations get out of the program.

We attempted to replicate the problem by having many people get onto the
program and were unable to force the problem to occur.

0
Bruce

Can PB 5.0 connect to a MS SQL 7 database?
Can PB 5.0 connect to a MS SQL 7 database? If so what Powerbuilder dll's are needed? There are no drivers, that I am aware of, for PB5 to connect to MS SQL 7. You can try to use the MS SQL 6 drivers or the ODBC drivers, but you might expect to run into some limitations. On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:16:19 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity Acie Clayborne <acie@atmsol.com> wrote: >Can PB 5.0 connect to a MS SQL 7 database? If so what Powerbuilder dll's are >needed? > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | Romac/Source Interna...

Native database driver for MS SQL 7.0 with PB 6.5
Where can I download the native database driver for MS SQL 7.0. I'm currently using PB 6.5. TIA, Toms On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 23:07:12 +0700, "Toms" <t0ms@iname.com> wrote: >Where can I download the native database driver for MS SQL 7.0. I'm >currently using PB 6.5. Microsoft wants everyone to use ODBC and they no longer recommend or support native connectivity for 7.0. You can still safely use the MSS 6.5 native driver from PB, but you will not be able to take advantage of some MS SQL Server 7.0 features. -- Boris Gasin [TeamSybase] ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 and MS SQL 7.0 Connection
I'm facing a problem in connecting powerbuilder 6.5 to MS SQL 7.0 on 'Windows ME' when i try to connect to database it creates the connection without giving any error but when i try to see the tables in database painter or anywhere else it does'nt show me the tables and gives me error "SQLSTATE = S1003 [ODBC][SQLSERVER]Program type out of range" i've formatted my hard disk and again installed 'Windows ME' and other required softwares but the problem is still there, any suggessition would be worth for me. Thanks Saqib Sardar What build of...

connection problem from PB 6.5 and MS SQL 7.0
I experience this problem when trying to connect to MS SQL 7.0 from PB development Environment from Database painter. SQLState S1003 Microsoft ODBC Drive Manager PRogram Type out of Range. Your help much appreciated. Upgrade to 6.5.1 Syed <syedibrahim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:UNYhqTUR$GA.191@forums.sybase.com... > I experience this problem when trying to connect to MS SQL 7.0 from PB > development Environment from Database painter. > > SQLState S1003 > Microsoft ODBC Drive Manager PRogram Type out of Range. > > Your help much appr...

Can PB 6.5 be connected to MS SQL 7.0?
Hello, I have connected to MSSQL7.0 by ODBC or MSSQL6X successfully and created a Table. Open database painter, then select this table, then press data manipulation (grid) button, appears: "this column's data type (code) requires the use of an embedded SQL statement." Open datawindow, new a datawindow by quick select from this table, appears: "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'FROM'". No any column was listed for the selected table. Is PB 6.5 not compatible with MS SQL 7.0? Is there any new driver for it? Any solution? Thanks very much ...

PB 6.5 to MS SQL server 7.0 connectivity
Greetings Seem to much discussion on this topic...I desperately need the answer at the end of the book. We are upgrading to SQL 7 and MUST be live with our PB 6.5 app in 3 weeks. PowerSoft/Sybase preferred or recommended configuration?? Please respond with any recommendations on: PB versions / builds PB drivers SQL Server client software Native drivers VS OLEDB VS ODBC etc... PB support of 7.0 new features: specifically the 8K varchar DataType thanks <pc> ...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 7.0 connectivity
I have a PB 6.5 application running with SQL-Anywhere. I have recently tried to re-establish the database on Microsoft SQL-SERVER 7.0. I have loaded the native client-side software to connect to MS 7.0 and was successful with the connection. However, when I tried to establish a connection via the PB 6.5 development environment (DB painter and etc.), I received a "S1003 - Program type out of range" message from within the PB 6.5 database painter. I didn't receive the error message when I connected to the database... but only when I tried to actually do something thru ...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

PB 6.5, SQL 7.0, Database Blob Object Problem
We're using a Database Blob Object on a DataWindow to display various documents of different types (Word, Excel, etc). As you would expect, you can double-click on the Blob Object to activate the appropriate server (Word, for example) and modify the object as needed. The problem occurs when you try to save the modifications during the "dw.Update(TRUE,FALSE)" statement. This used to work when we were using: PowerBuilder 5.0, MS SQL Server 6.5 PowerBuilder 6.5, MS SQL Server 6.5 But now it does not work when we use: PowerBuilder 6.5, MS SQL Server 7.0 Th...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

Native Database Interface for MS SQL Server 7.0 and InfoMaker 6.5
Does anyone know if there is a Native Database Interface for MS SQL Server 7.0 and InfoMaker 6.5? My installation has a Native Database Driver for MS SQL Server 6.x. I have looked all over the Sybase site for a possible download and cannot find it. I downloaded the IM6532.exe maintainence release and did not find it in there. Rich Edwards There is no native driver for MSSQL7 in IM6.x. Use the 6 driver. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/s...

Web resources about - MS SQL 6.5 Unable to connect to database PB 7.0 Enterprise - Windows 98 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Enterprise Apps Today - CRM, business intelligence and ERP news and research
News and research on CRM, business intelligence, ERP, supply chain management and other enterprise applications.

The Enterprise, MA News - Brockton, MA - The Enterprise
Was Keith Luke insane when he went on a rampage in Brockton on Jan. 21, 2009, killing two people and wounding another? Catch up on what people ...

VoIP Business, VoIP Technology, VoIP Security - Fierce Enterprise Communications
Visit FierceVoIP for the latest updates in VoIP business, unified communications, VoIP technology, mobile VoIP, VoIP security and more VoIP news. ...

Forest City Enterprises - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Forest City Enterprises ( NYSE : FCEA , NYSE : FCEB ) is a $9-billion diversified real estate management and development company based in Cleveland ...

IBT Media Names Enterprise Editor
IBT Media has named John Simons enterprise editor, a new role at the company. Simons most recently served as IBT’s business editor. “John is ...

HPQ Plunges 14%, Enterprise Rises: A Tale of Two Companies
Shares of HP Inc. ( HPQ ) and of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise ( HPE ) are going in sharply different directions today, exacerbating the difference ...

Windows 10 popular among enterprise users
... work device. This is a big deal, as such fast adoption of a new operating system is not something we usually see, especially not in the enterprise ...

Cisco acquiring UK-based Acano to bolster enterprise video products - Silicon Valley Business Journal ...
The San Jose-based networking giant is paying $700 million in cash and equity for the privately held maker of video and audio technology.

50 enterprise startups to bet your career on in 2016
... from big guys (like Google) to startups have entered the market. But Docker is still the big Kahuna. Cloudera: big data software that enterprises ...

Whitman: HP Enterprise has good start
"The turnaround is working in enterprise services," Hewlett Packard Enterprise CEO Meg Whitman says.