Migrating from PB v5 to v5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03.

Hello,

	2 customers have requested information on how to migrate
from PowerBuilder v5 to 5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03. Can
anyone offer advice? Do they both need to call Technical Support?
	I've looked in our Technical Information Library and entering
requests via Query Builder yields nothing.

Thank you very much.

Deborah (Information Products Group)
0
Deborah

Deborah Blakeney wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         2 customers have requested information on how to migrate
> from PowerBuilder v5 to 5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03. Can
> anyone offer advice? Do they both need to call Technical Support?
>         I've looked in our Technical Information Library and entering
> requests via Query Builder yields nothing.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Deborah (Information Products Group)

Hi Deborah,
Going from 5.0 to 5.0.02 or 5.0.03 does not require migration.  Just run
the upgrade from the cd or from the web patch, and continue normally.
No other action is required, other than, of course, testing to make sure
that your application has no problems in those versions.

HTH,
Jody LaPosta
0
Jody
1/8/1998 6:09:59 PM
A number of items were 'tightened up' in 5.0.3.  We had some problems with
embedded calls to stored procedures in which the call used output
parameters but the stored procedure itself never actually had output
parameters.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dealer Solutions, LLC

0
Jim
1/9/1998 3:04:53 AM
>> Upgrade path <<

Install the fixes(make a backup if you do not have the older versions on
cd) and then REGENERATE the app - Full Rebuild.  Just to be on the safe
side.  Then test test test.   Make sure the fixes did not break something
else. fixes introduce bgs or tighten up code, so some things may not
work.

HTH
--
Mark Pfeifer[Team PS]