How to run DBISQL command from command prompt

Hi,

    I would like to send some select statement by using dbisql command. In
turn by using that command I would like to open the ISQL window by running
the SQL what I am sending as argument.

   When I try to run the DBISQL command it is running in command prompt
itself and result set is displaying in the command prompt. Could someone
tell me how to open the ISQL window and run the passing statement

   Any hint will be appreciated
Karthik

0
Karthik

What database? For ASA, you can just launch dbisql with -c {connection info}
<sql statement>

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Karthik" <kpanc@laborfinders.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>     I would like to send some select statement by using dbisql command. In
> turn by using that command I would like to open the ISQL window by running
> the SQL what I am sending as argument.
>
>    When I try to run the DBISQL command it is running in command prompt
> itself and result set is displaying in the command prompt. Could someone
> tell me how to open the ISQL window and run the passing statement
>
>    Any hint will be appreciated
> Karthik

0
Chris
5/6/2003 2:06:23 PM
I am running Sybase SQL Anywhere 8. If I try to run DBISQL -c (connection
info) <sql statement> then it showing the record set in the command prompt
itself.

But I want the ISQL window to get open and to show the record set in the
ISQL window.

If possible could u please send me the exact command

Thanks
Karthik

"Chris Keating (iAnywhere Solutins)" <keating@iAnywhere.com> wrote in
message news:eamzfk9EDHA.331@forums-1-dub...
> What database? For ASA, you can just launch dbisql with -c {connection
info}
> <sql statement>
>
> --
>
> Chris Keating
> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8
> iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com
>
> ** Please only post to the newsgroup
>
> ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
> ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com
>
> "Karthik" <kpanc@laborfinders.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> >     I would like to send some select statement by using dbisql command.
In
> > turn by using that command I would like to open the ISQL window by
running
> > the SQL what I am sending as argument.
> >
> >    When I try to run the DBISQL command it is running in command prompt
> > itself and result set is displaying in the command prompt. Could someone
> > tell me how to open the ISQL window and run the passing statement
> >
> >    Any hint will be appreciated
> > Karthik

0
Karthik
5/6/2003 2:34:35 PM
dbisql is a non-gui implementation. Have you tried dbisqlg if you want the
gui window to get displayed.

--

> I am running Sybase SQL Anywhere 8. If I try to run DBISQL -c (connection
> info) <sql statement> then it showing the record set in the command prompt
> itself.
>
> But I want the ISQL window to get open and to show the record set in the
> ISQL window.
>
> If possible could u please send me the exact command
>
> Thanks
> Karthik
>
> "Chris Keating (iAnywhere Solutins)" <keating@iAnywhere.com> wrote in
> message news:eamzfk9EDHA.331@forums-1-dub...
> > What database? For ASA, you can just launch dbisql with -c {connection
> info}
> > <sql statement>
> >
> > --
> >
> > Chris Keating
> > Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8
> > iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com
> >
> > ** Please only post to the newsgroup
> >
> > ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
> > ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> > ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com
> >
> > "Karthik" <kpanc@laborfinders.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >     I would like to send some select statement by using dbisql
command.
> In
> > > turn by using that command I would like to open the ISQL window by
> running
> > > the SQL what I am sending as argument.
> > >
> > >    When I try to run the DBISQL command it is running in command
prompt
> > > itself and result set is displaying in the command prompt. Could
someone
> > > tell me how to open the ISQL window and run the passing statement
> > >
> > >    Any hint will be appreciated
> > > Karthik

0
Chris
5/6/2003 3:48:58 PM
Hi Chris,

I tried that also. But the ISQL window is not opening to run the command.
Following is the command that I tried.

dbisqlc -c "dsn=dsnname" "select * from temp_table"

If there is any idea to work around with, Please let me know. All I want is
run the command in command prompt then automatically ISQL has to launch and
to run the passing sql in the ISQL window without interruption

Thanks
Karthik

"Chris Keating (iAnywhere Solutions)" <keating@iAnywhere.com> wrote in
message news:OoAg0d#EDHA.331@forums-1-dub...
> dbisql is a non-gui implementation. Have you tried dbisqlg if you want the
> gui window to get displayed.
>
> --
>
> Chris Keating
> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8
> iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com
>
> ** Please only post to the newsgroup
>
> ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
> ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com
>
> "Karthik" <kpanc@laborfinders.com> wrote in message
> > I am running Sybase SQL Anywhere 8. If I try to run DBISQL -c
(connection
> > info) <sql statement> then it showing the record set in the command
prompt
> > itself.
> >
> > But I want the ISQL window to get open and to show the record set in the
> > ISQL window.
> >
> > If possible could u please send me the exact command
> >
> > Thanks
> > Karthik
> >
> > "Chris Keating (iAnywhere Solutins)" <keating@iAnywhere.com> wrote in
> > message news:eamzfk9EDHA.331@forums-1-dub...
> > > What database? For ASA, you can just launch dbisql with -c {connection
> > info}
> > > <sql statement>
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Chris Keating
> > > Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8
> > > iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com
> > >
> > > ** Please only post to the newsgroup
> > >
> > > ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
> > > ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> > > ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com
> > >
> > > "Karthik" <kpanc@laborfinders.com> wrote in message

> command.
> > In
> > running

> prompt
> someone

0
Karthik
5/6/2003 7:05:11 PM
Karthik

dbisqlc -c "dsn=ASA 8.0 Sample" select * from dummy

HTH
Alex Osin

0
Alex_Osin
5/6/2003 8:05:07 PM
Hi All,

        Thanks for the suggestions. But as u all suggested when I try to run
the command as shown below still DBISQL window is not staying as permanent.
It gets closed immediately once it get closed.

Thanks
Karthik

<Alex_Osin> wrote in message
> Karthik
>
> dbisqlc -c "dsn=ASA 8.0 Sample" select * from dummy
>
> HTH
> Alex Osin

0
Karthik

VS.NET and C# Compiler from command line "csc.exe" not fould when running from command prompt.
Hi All, I've been attempting to comlpile a custom control from the command line: I have VS.NET 2003 installed along with the .Net Framework 1.1 I've been working on a control project but cannot compile this into a .dll to register as a TagPrefix within an ASP.NET page. When going to the command prompt and typing csc /? it returns the ever popular error "csc" not recognized as an internal process or batch file. Is this a comman error? or a rogue install of VS.NET and/or the .NET Framework. Thanks In Advance, Tony If you open under Visual Studio .net Programs, the Vi...

Cool command line prompt command
Last night I rebooted a web server, and after doing so, I couldn't RDP into it. So, in the meanwhile, while I awaited a response from those in power who could go to the data center and physically restart the server, I thought there must be a command line prompt command that I can run from one of the other servers to reboot it. I found a command called shutdown. I ran shutdown /r /f ComputerName and it rebooted the server and then I was able to access it via RDP. shutdown /r /f ComputerName /r - Restart/f - Forced restartRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.c...

Execute a Command at command prompt on a remote server
I am working on a remote machine. Is it possible for a web application to execute a command prompt command on a server and get the output for the command prompt from the server to a file or a string in my machine? If so, what command can be used for this? Say suppose I want to execute a COPY *.* from a directory to another directory on the server through my web application and get the output in my machine to a string. Is this possible? First is it possible to execute this command through my web application? My user accoount has full access to the server. Apart from the ...

run commands from c prompt
Hi, I know I've done this before but I cant find how I did it... how do you allow the .net commands like aspnet_regsql to be run directly from the c prompt?  ie to save the time to always change the directory to the .net framework one where the .exe actually resides..  thanksPaul.If you want Reflexology in Sydney then click on the link... hello, You can use the visual studio 2005 command prompt tool to run the aspnet_regsql.exe and etc. see this msdn article http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d9kh6s92(VS.80).aspx which teaches you how to use .net framework tools,...

Command line commands
Within a PowerBuilder application, how do I create an association so that all files with no extension are opened with notepad? I am using InsertFile command. I know we can use the command line 'assoc' command but I don't know how to include it in PowerBuilder code. I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 Thanks Mangala You could probably do that with the run function. However, you should be careful because most directories don't have extensions. I don't know what kind of behavior that will cause. Mike ...

running command prompt from code
could any one tell how to run system commands from the program... For example we have the following command for wsdl wsdl /t:library http://localhost/webservice1/Service1.asmx we could do this from the command prompt. But if I want to do the same thing from the program code how could I do it. May be we should use system commands. But donno what are the exact functions... Please help me how to solve this problem Hi, U can use the process class to run the command prompt. I'll give u an example. System.Diagnostics.Process myproc; myproc = new System.Diagnostics...

Executing the Command Prompt Commands via Code -- URGENT
Hello everyone. Is it possible to write code (vb) that executes some commands via command prompt? For example I should be able to open the command prompt, go to a specific directory and run some commands. All done through code. I have been trying to find code for this for a couple of days but cant find any examples. Please help. Its urgent. Thank you.Dog and wife missing. Reward for Dog. System.Diagnostics.Process http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemDiagnosticsProcessClassTopic.asp...

Command Line commands
Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? I can't find them in the documentation or on the knowledgebase apart from ZENVER. Thanks in advance for any replies. Spamaddress@spam.com, > Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at > the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? > To control what? NAL? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officiall...

dbisql not working in command-prompt mode
I've a bunch of databases that all use the "same" stored procedure. All run on the same engine/server. I want to change that procedure. To do so interactively is mind numbing. I'd hoped to use a dbisql script instead but I'm having problems connecting to a database. If I enter dbisql -c uid=transcend;pwd=dentaldomain;eng=sql10;dbn=<dbn> at the command prompt The isql "enters interactive mode" and presents me with a prefilled connect dialog which connects to the database when I press OK .. however, if I try to supply a command file dbi...

How to run PB appln from command prompt
Hello everybody, I am working on a PB 5 project. I wanted to run my application from command line i.e. as soon as PB start it should directly run the application. Is it possible by passing some command line parameters ? Thanks Pramod Hi, Not directly with PB. You have to use a macrorecorder or something like that, record all the mouse and keystrokes necessarry and play the recording when you want. HTH -- - Met vriendelijke groet, Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj Pramod wrote in ...

Running SQL scripts from Command Prompt
I have a requirment, when a user logs in to the pc, I want to run some SQL scripts which is been saved as a stored procedure on another pc. Could this be possible. I know in oracle you could do it using SQLLDR. Is there any way to do it in SQL? Please advice. Any help is greatly appreciated. If you are using SQL 2000, check out OSQL utility. If you have plans to upgrade to 2005 you might also want to check out SQLCMD. OSQL will be removed in later versions.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I have one more problem, I can only use the osql...

"Run as..." from command prompt?
Is there a switch, or related syntax, to run an app with elevated privileges ("Run as...") from the command line? Guess the title summed it up ;-) Ie: C:\program.exe /adminpersontypething or C:\program.exe -admin THX JLJ JLJ wrote: > Is there a switch, or related syntax, to run an app with elevated > privileges ("Run as...") from the command line? > > Guess the title summed it up ;-) > > Ie: > C:\program.exe /adminpersontypething > or > C:\program.exe -admin Not entirely sure if this will work in XPh, but in XPpro...

How to compile and run the application from Command PRompt
hi, How can i run the compile and run the application from command promptHighOnCodingWanna get high! you can use "vbc.exe" or "csc.exe", command line compilers for vb.net and c# respectively check out for more in .net framework SDKNilesh Thatte...

Run crystal report from command prompt
Hi  Does anyone know if we can run crystal report from command prompt? I need to export the data from crystal reports automatically using command prompt. I am writing a windows script for that and setting a scheduler to have it automated. Please help.. Thanks   ...

Web resources about - How to run DBISQL command from command prompt - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Command - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Adele eclipses Taylor Swift to take command of the pop world
Adele Adkins is the first person to top the ARIA singles and albums charts in the same week since Swift exactly one year ago.

Command your club to victory in Sega’s Football Manager Mobile 2016
... How long can you survive on the Last Horizon? , and Dig, explore and collect stars in Starlit Adventures . Football Manager Mobile 2016 Command ...

Mercedes S-Cabrio commands 11 percent premium over coupe
Filed under: Mercedes-Benz , Car Buying , Convertible , Luxury Mercedes released pricing for the new S-Class Cabriolet in Europe, which tells ...

North American Aerospace Defense Command Tracks Santa’s Flight « CBS New York
The North American Aerospace Defense Command is continuing its tradition of telling youngsters the location of Santa Claus on his annual storybook ...

IDG Contributor Network: Monkeying around on the bash command line in 2016
... quick-witted, optimistic, ambitious, etc. So, let's see what quick-witted, optimistic, ambitious things we can do to monkey around on the command ...

Defense Sec Commands Military To Open All Combat Jobs To Women
Marine Corps' arguments against women in combat effectively crushed

Officer who shot 12-year-old Tamir Rice claims he aimed for toy gun, gave verbal commands
... I was focused on the suspect," Loehmann wrote. "Even when he was reaching into his waistband, I didn't fire. I still was yelling the command ...

Bethesda: Fallout 4 console commands 'not supported or recommended' on PC
In a very Bethesda-like fashion, messing around with console commands on the PC version of Fallout 4 might completely bug out your game more ...

Amazon Echo owners can create custom voice commands with IFTT
... item to your shopping list is pretty cool, but there comes a point where you start to feel the limits of the Echo's pre-programmed voice commands. ...