How to make @####-##-#### = @##########

I am trying to write a query in the ISQL portion of the database painter
that says:
SELECT....WHERE @####-##-#### = @#########;
(in this example @ = alpha, # = numeric)
I'm not sure how to make this happen.  Please help!  Thanks!

Tom S.
0
Tom_S

Use some function to FORMAT the values. Some RDBMs have this capability
otherwise have the client do it.
--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

<Tom_S> wrote in message
> I am trying to write a query in the ISQL portion of the database painter
> that says:
> SELECT....WHERE @####-##-#### = @#########;
> (in this example @ = alpha, # = numeric)
> I'm not sure how to make this happen.  Please help!  Thanks!
>
> Tom S.

0
Chris
2/12/2003 6:53:05 PM
I'm assuming you mean to format the actual data in the tables and then do
the query...but I can't do that, as I'm not the person in charge of the
database structure.  But I know it's possible to make the connection
between the two b/c we have a program in-house that uses the both of these
tables and that is the only corralting key between them (unfortunately, I
don't have access to the source code for this program).
0
Tom_S
2/12/2003 7:55:12 PM
I think Chris was suggesting that you format the appropriate data in the
query.  For example, if all you need to do is strip out the hyphens from the
values in one of the tables, in Oracle you could say:

WHERE table1.column_with_unformatted_data =
    Replace(table2.column_with_formatted_data, '-', '')

Ken

<Tom_S> wrote in message
> I'm assuming you mean to format the actual data in the tables and then do
> the query...but I can't do that, as I'm not the person in charge of the
> database structure.  But I know it's possible to make the connection
> between the two b/c we have a program in-house that uses the both of these
> tables and that is the only corralting key between them (unfortunately, I
> don't have access to the source code for this program).

0
Ken

How do you deal with making database modifications on remote database?
If I attempt to make a database change to a table in the remote database I get the message 'Table is part of a synchronization definition' and does not allow the change. How should this be handled? I am using ASA 7.02.1480 Thanks, Steve Smith You must remove the table from the SYNC DEF, modify it, then re-add it. See: Replication and Synchronization Guide PART 2. MobiLink Synchronization CHAPTER 8. Reference SQL statements ALTER SYNCHRONIZATION DEFINITION statement -- David Fishburn Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Pr...

Populate DataGrid from Database, make changes and then update the database
Hi, I'm populating a DataGrid from a database in BindData() method and creates a DataSet that is used as datasource for the DataGrid. When I for example adds a row in the datagrid I dont want to update the database directly, I just want to update the DataSet and then when all changes are made (press a save-button on the main form) I want to update the actual database. The problem is: How do I fill the DataGrid just once and then keep all data in the dataset? I dont want to read from database everytime somethings happens to the DataSet/DataGrid. Can anyone help me with this? Please! ...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

how to make my own database?
i want make a database owned by myself, (not by dba with password sql) anyone konws how to make it? thanks If you don't have your own userid, login as the DBA and create a new user. Login under your own userid, and issue the create table statement from there. Thanks, theoretically i agree with you. every time when i try to connect to the database i am asked to fill in userid and password then i get through. but i cannot find where is the administration of the server (SQL anywhere on my PC). what is the administration inferface look like? How can i get it? Dale R...

I want to make consolidate database out of 30 ASA 10 database:
I want to make consolidate database out of 30 ASA 10 database: I have 30 ASA 10.0 databases, almost identical, all have some data common in lookup tables and some are different. In transaction tables all the data is different. Please let me know how I can do it. What is best way 1.. Load and Extract ( can i avoid duplicate records?) 2.. BCP IN and OUT (can i avoid duplicate records?) 3.. Mob link. (can i avoid duplicate records?) Guide me how to do that and what is best solution If any one has scripts already, i will appreciate if y...

Making should be make
Name: Scott Melton Email: scott_rides_againatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Making should be make Comments: The opening page for Bugzilla is poorly worded. http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/start/ The second line: If you want to help making this application even better, we would encourage you to take part in the should be MAKE, not MAKING Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070222 SeaMonkey/1.1.1 ...

How do i make a database?
I know how to do sql but i dont know how to make the actually database from where all the information comes from.  How is thisdone?  Also whats the benefits of using a master page? Domal:I know how to do sql but i dont know how to make the actually database from where all the information comes from.  How is thisdone? Hi Domal, sorry, I don't really get the question. Are you asking how you could create a database in SQL Server 2005 Express and how you could populate the database with information? Domal:Also whats the benefits of using a master page? This arti...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

mysqldump to backup Bugzilla database vs. cp (in Unix) to make copy of Bugzilla database?
Hi, =20 I am just wondering how different is it between using mysqldump to back up Bugzilla database and using cp (in Unix) just to copy Bugzilla database and then transfer the file? Because after I use cp to make a copy of Bugzilla database, and go inside the database, it looks very identical, so I am just wondering is it necessary to use mysqldump to back up Bugzilla database?=20 =20 Thank you very much for your input.=20 =20 =20 =20 =20 Thanks, Kevin Tong <http://www.bluejungle.com> =20 =20 ...

Is there any correction i have to make to the web.config file connectionstring before uploading to the database files for me to be able to assess my database?
 I just completed asp.net  website created with visual web developer 2005. During development, a database was generated named ASPNETDB.MDF which i took the liberty of adding extra newsletter table.  During development,  clicking the submit button, collect my data and send it to the database, and to view the data collected, i will have to login to view the newsletter administrative page and my web.config  connention string is <connectionStrings>  <add name="ASPNETDBConnectionString1" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilen...

Database schema could not be retrieved for this conection. Please make sure the connection settings are correct and that the database is online.
Hay, I drag a DataView, choose a datasource, new data connection (Data source: Microsoft SQL Server-SqlClient, .NET Framework Data Provider for SQL Server). I test the connection and it's ok. Then a pop up window says: "Database schema could not be retrieved for this conection. Please make sure the connection settings are correct and that the database is online.". It happens if I choose a datagrid, datalist, etc. The database is online because i can insert new table in the database, etc. Maybe something is wrong with connection settings but i don't know what. Can anyone help me?ThanksTo...

I find make a multi-column status bar at the bottom of window easy in VB. But how can I make it in PowerBuilder?
I find make a multi-column status bar at the bottom of window easily in VB. But how can I make it in PowerBuilder? Any advice is appreciate. Probably the simplest method would be to create a standard visual user object based on a text object. Add some object methods to set the text. You can them write code in the resize event of your window to place the user object wherever you need it on the screen, and call the object methods to set the text. HTH Sanjiv. <salad_yfz> wrote in message news:BC9A3328474CC5020010BDB085256A7A.0010BDC285256A7A@webforums... > I find make...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

Database 'C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\HOURSREPORTING\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF' cannot be upgraded because it is read-only or has read-only files. Make the database or files writeable, and rerun recovery.
I have a website that runs on this computer through IIS. It was working fine until I went into it and added a textbox. Now it gives me this: Server Error in '/' Application. Database 'C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\HOURSREPORTING\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF' cannot be upgraded because it is read-only or has read-only files. Make the database or files writeable, and rerun recovery.Cannot open user default database. Login failed.Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please...

Web resources about - How to make @####-##-#### = @########## - sybase.powerbuilder.database