How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC?

Hi all
I'm a newbie for PowerBuilder. I have some question.
How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC?
How can I use sql command (select, insert, etc) to Excel sheet?
TIA

0
bonbon

>I'm a newbie for PowerBuilder. I have some question.
>How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC?
>How can I use sql command (select, insert, etc) to Excel sheet?
>TIA

It's been a while, but you need to install the odbc excel driver and
then configure a datasource just like any other odbc datasource.

You might check the faxback documents on the sybase web site
(support.sybase.com), it seems like I remember seeing a technical
document describing how to do this.

Larry Cermak [Team Powersoft] | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.database
Branick Consulting,Inc.       | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.powerscript
lcermak@branick-inc.com       | www.branick-inc.com (PowerBuilder tips & techniques)
0
lcermak

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC
I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent Vu vuv@gte.net I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder 6.5. Do you have any solution to help me? if you have any solution please send e-mail to me. Thanks, E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk ...

Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC
I'm unable to connect to my Access 97 database using Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE: S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger]Program type out of range. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent vuv@gte.net ...

ORACLE procedures, PowerBuilder and connection via ODBC
Hi! My problem is: I have a procedure on ORACLE database: create procedure (as_name IN VARCHAR2, al_id IN OUT INTEGER); begin .... end; and I am connecting to ORACLE via ODBC. How can I execute such a procedure from Powerbuilder. I have tried to do this in all possible manners described in the documentation (RPCFUN, Declare, PBDBMS), but I have failed. There is always an error from database. I have succeded to execute this procedure when I was connecting via Native Driver, but I cannot use Nat...

Problems with Powerbuilder accesing an Acces Database via ODBC
I've developed an application with PB60, under windows NT Wk. 4.0 I compiled it and tested it under WNT Wrokstation 4.0 and it worked fun. Afetr it, I re-compiled and regenerated the application under W95, and when I tried to execute the .exe file compiled, I couldn�t acces the database, and I catched this error when trying to connect the SQLCA: "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current Instalation". Moreover, if I run the application with the "RUN" painter, it works ok! I get the parameters to connect from an .INI file, which is in the same directory that t...

PowerBuilder 6.5 issues with an ODBC connection to a Database
PowerBuilder 6.5 Build 444 Windows XP ********** ALSO SEE ATTACHMENTS ************ I am working on the project that we talked about in April. We are hoping the client will be convinced to go to PowerBuilder 10.5, but at this moment I am stuck in the 6.5 world. We are using a new database by HP in which it is a Non Stop System. It is an ODBC connection (ver. 3) with the drivers developed by HP. It is SQL '9x compliant ( ANSI SQL:99 ). After connecting I get errors when trying to retrieve a datawindow. The first time when opening the Pre- View I get data because of the ...

Connecting PowerBuilder 7.0 to Oracle 8i via ODBC
Hi all, I am connecting a PowerBuilder 7.0 application to an Oracle 8i database via ODBC (driver version 8.01.61.00) in a client server system. The Oracle ODBC driver does retrieve the table information but not the columns. I get the message "Table 'xxxx' has no columns, possible invalid table format". If I use the native connection or the Microsoft ODBC driver instead, it seems to fix the problem. Using the Microsoft driver is not an option because of it not supporting BLOBs. Thanks in advance, Didier Latkowski ...

Powerbuilder connecting to Lotus Notes via the Notes ODBC Provider
Hi, I am a Developer on the Lotus NotesSQL team. NotesSQL is a 2.x ODBC driver for Lotus Notes. Recently, a customer reported a problem between Powerbuilder connecting to a Notes database via the Notes ODBC drivers (named NotesSQL, available at http://www.lotus.com/notessql). I had gotten an eval of Powerbuilder 7.0 (Version 7.0 Build 5031) from your website and tested the connection and saw the issue. The issue reported was that making a connection between Powerbuilder and the NotesSQL driver and putting the Username and Password in their respective fields in the database...

Avoiding ODBC Connections when setting up a UDB database in Powerbuilder 7.0
Hi group, i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do that?? You would still need to have the driver registered. But you could use a DNSless connection to avoid having to have entries for the database. See the last half of the following: http://teamsybase.net/blogs/?p=44 On 29 Jan 2007 04:56:50 -0800, normaltusker@gmail.com wrote: >Hi group, >i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally >required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do...

ODBC 3.0...can't connect anymore via Powerbuilder
I applied the Powerbuilder 5.0.03 maintenance release and agreed to the install option of upgrading ODBC to 3.0... Now I can't connect to my SQLAnywhere datasources from Powerbuilder. I CAN connect to them from SQLCentral. When I try to connect from the database painter 1) the db engine fires up 2) I log in, and this seems to go fine 3) I get the message: "An error occurred, yet no message was returned by the database driver." And then the connection fails. I thought it was that PB didn't fully upgrade ODBC or something, so I installed NT Service Pack 3 ...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

Cannot connect my database to Powerbuilder
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder. I am unable to run a Powerbuilder program with the database that I have specified in the 'Database Painter'. Could you please help me? I am able to see the tables in the painter but when I try and run the exe after building it, it does not seem to be pointing to that database. Regards, Anand Surendar You have to populate those same attributes on the SQLCA connection object and then issue a CONNECT statement within your application code. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:22 -0800 (PST), anand_icomm <anand09011982@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

connecting to database from powerbuilder
Hello, Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder other than transaction objects.. Thanks in advance Suby a powerbuilder application needs transaction objects to interact with any dbms. what functionality are you trying to build? sanjiv. <Suby> wrote in message news:42d4b61b.3c60.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder > other than transaction objects.. > Thanks in advance > Suby Hi The transaction object is the object to be used to connect to any database? What do you...

Powerbuilder ODBC to Excel
I need to connect to a odbc connection to an excel workbook. Can anyone point me to some documentation on how this works. Thanks alan Alan, All you need to do is set up an ODBC DSN for the Excel .XLS file. In the ODBC Admin panel - go to the Drivers tab and see if you have Microsoft Excel Driver(*.xls) installed. On the User DSN tab, click Add. Then select Microsoft Excel Driver and Finish. Give it a name, pick the .XLS file and version. Once that is created, you can use the DSN like any other ODBC connection. Paul Horan [TeamSybase] VCI www.twoplus.com Springfie...

Web resources about - How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC? - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 9:49:36 PM