how can powerbuilder get access system talbes via odbc?

Dear all:

    I have connected access via odbc , i want to get all the table name ,i
think it perhaps should via access system tables, Is it ok?

Thanks

David

0
david

I carry out this operation with Adaptive Server Anywhere.  I do not know
access, but I think that one can make the same thing.

"david" <info@foreinfo.com> a �crit dans le message news:
Oh6nrh#JDHA.220@forums-1-dub...
> Dear all:
>
>     I have connected access via odbc , i want to get all the table name ,i
> think it perhaps should via access system tables, Is it ok?
>
> Thanks
>
> David

0
BUCAILLE

Powerbuilder 8: cant get primary key information from ms-access via ODBC
Hi, using Powerbuilder 6.5 it is possible to get the primary key information of tables create in MS Access via the odbc driver (also the odbc doesnt support this function). We just changed to Powerbuilder 8 and these functionality is gone. It is no longer possible to get the primary key information, I can only see an index called 'primarykey'. What has changed between 6.5 and 8? Is there any chance to get the primary key information with Powerbuilder 8 like 6.5 did? TH ...

Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC
I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent Vu vuv@gte.net I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder 6.5. Do you have any solution to help me? if you have any solution please send e-mail to me. Thanks, E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk ...

cannot access powerbuilder configure odbc or databases
After installing powerbuilder 5.0 on NT4 sp3 .... and then go into powerbuilder and click on configure odbc and get the infinite hourglass Could anyone tell me what the problem could be ? I've tried to uninstall (which has never been successful and i end up deleting the directories and do a regclean) and re-installing it. And i still get the same results. Dist, Can you get to the ODBC setup through the control panel? Also, try reinstalling (no need to uninstall) PB and verifying that you install all required ODBC drivers. You may also have to go to the "Native Driv...

Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC
I'm unable to connect to my Access 97 database using Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE: S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger]Program type out of range. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent vuv@gte.net ...

Problems with Powerbuilder accesing an Acces Database via ODBC
I've developed an application with PB60, under windows NT Wk. 4.0 I compiled it and tested it under WNT Wrokstation 4.0 and it worked fun. Afetr it, I re-compiled and regenerated the application under W95, and when I tried to execute the .exe file compiled, I couldn�t acces the database, and I catched this error when trying to connect the SQLCA: "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current Instalation". Moreover, if I run the application with the "RUN" painter, it works ok! I get the parameters to connect from an .INI file, which is in the same directory that t...

Powerbuilder/Oracle via ODBC (Can I stump Team PS?)
I have a application that I have developed with a SQL server back end and I specifically developed for Microsoft ODBC so my back end would remain independent. I am now trying to connect to Oracle Open Server 7.3 and have been successful in connecting but when I open a window with a data window on it the data window does not populate and I get a ODBC error. I have checked the registry entries and I am using the correct dll's according to Sybase and Oracle. I cannot use the Direct driver as I am developing with Professional Edition(PB5.0.04) and this does not support Direct Connectio...

How can I get PowerBuilder to use the UNICODE API calls to an ODBC?
How can I get PowerBuilder to use the UNICODE API calls to an ODBC? I am connecting to a DB2 database and when running a trace and reviewing the file the calls are to ANSI API's. example below pb80 db-157 EXIT SQLDescribeCol with return code 0 (SQL_SUCCESS) HSTMT 032F2528 UWORD 2 UCHAR * 0x0012E2D0 [ 14] "FIRST_DIST_DTE" SWORD 129 SWORD * 0x0012E2AC (14) SWORD * 0x0012E29C (9) SQLLEN * 0x0012E298 (10) SWORD * 0x00...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

ODBC 3.0...can't connect anymore via Powerbuilder
I applied the Powerbuilder 5.0.03 maintenance release and agreed to the install option of upgrading ODBC to 3.0... Now I can't connect to my SQLAnywhere datasources from Powerbuilder. I CAN connect to them from SQLCentral. When I try to connect from the database painter 1) the db engine fires up 2) I log in, and this seems to go fine 3) I get the message: "An error occurred, yet no message was returned by the database driver." And then the connection fails. I thought it was that PB didn't fully upgrade ODBC or something, so I installed NT Service Pack 3 ...

Access to any database with PowerBuilder
Hi We are developing an application which will run with any RDBMS (oracle 7, 8, Sybase, Informix, DB2/AS400,...) . Only one RDBMS will be used on each site, but each customer may choose any RDBMS... This implies of course that we keep the SQL quite standard ... and other things .... Has anyone of you hints or ideas about this subject ? I find PowerBuilder is quite good when using ONE RDBMS, but not when generic code must be written And of course, ANSI SQL 89 or 92 is so restrictive, we must go further ... Thanks for any reply Hi, Our company has created a ...

Can't Access a Database via the Database Explorer
Hi,  I have been able to view the databases and all of their tables but now when I cilck the "+" next to the database or try to connect a new one i get an error message: "Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user Instances enabled' to generate user instances" I don't know what I have done and I don't know how to fix it, Please help me! Best regards, Elliot  I would do a backup first, before trying anything!  Two backups! It sounds like Sql Server wants you to enter the following command in a quer...

Can I make a server of a PC with Firebird database that can be accessed via Internet?
Hello. I plan to use one of my computers as a Database Server that can be accessed from another computer as the client via Internet. The coputer is supposed to be online 24/7. Can I achieve this, as a newbie, with Delphi language/ components and without having to learn other languages as Apache? This is a complete unknown area for me, as I only have experience with stand alone computers. Now I have to learn it fast, because of a customer need. First of all - to be able to communicate the database data between the client on Internet and this server computer. (I've got this ...

How to get data from database in powerbuilder
Hi ALL, Can I ask how to get data from database in powerbuilder? My Code is: declare cursor_report cursor for select * from Member_Table using SQLCA; open cursor_report; li_count = 0 do li_count++ fetch cursor_report into : ls_case_no, :ls_name; loop while SQLCA.SQLCode = 0 messagebox('ls_case',ls_case) But it seems nothing retrieved, how to solve it? Thank You!!! please don't cross-post. Your question is answered in the .general forum -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com ...

Web resources about - how can powerbuilder get access system talbes via odbc? - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles