How can I SORT the columns in DATAWINDOW( power Builder 8.0)

Hi all
How can i sort the columns asending and desending in DATAWINDOW .how to
sorting the each column. pls help me
Regards
venu

0
venu

You can set the sort parameters - column, ascending/descending - in the DW
painter, or at run time by SetSort. The sort is done when the datawindow is
retrieved, or when you call the Sort function.

"venu" <pkkrao1@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> How can i sort the columns asending and desending in DATAWINDOW .how to
> sorting the each column. pls help me
> Regards
> venu

0
Jerry
1/31/2003 3:25:07 PM
you can use order by in sql, or use properties in the DW Painter or use
SetSort()

Atte.

ERik ChaCon

"venu" <pkkrao1@rediffmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> Hi all
> How can i sort the columns asending and desending in DATAWINDOW .how to
> sorting the each column. pls help me
> Regards
> venu

0
Erik

8.0.2 database with 8.0.0 engine
Hi All, A simple question on sybase ASA versioning.... Can i send a db created or (upgraded) in a 8.0.2 environment (on WK2) to a customer running the db on a 8.0.0 server (on linux - no 8.0.2 at the moment). Regards to active supporters of this effective newsgroup. Francois PS: By the way the 8.0.2 document is just plain superb :) A database that has been dbinit'ed by an 8.0.2 engine will not be usable by a 8.0.0 or 8.0.1 engine - the earlier engine versions won't know how to handle capability bit 20. I haven't checked all of the particulars on what happ...

Regarding migration From Power Builder 6.0 to Power Builder 9.0
Hi, We have a PFC based distributed application using Transport Obejct .We are using MSSQL SERVER 2005 database. We have a task of migrating this application from Power Builder 6.0 to Power Builder 9.0 .Please suggest us steps for migration. Thanks & regards, P.P http://www.techno-kitten.com/PowerBuilder_Help/PowerBuilder_Migration/powerbuilder_migration.html I would also recommend (a) migrating your existing PFC layer with the app and then (b) directly moving to the PFC layer supplied with PB9 after migratoin. A number of changes were made including remving the tr...

Create NVO using Power Designer 8.0
Hi, Using Power Designer 8.0 Object Oriented model you can create a class diagram (or class/NVO) and add methods to it using class diagram GUI .When you select Generate Power Builder option from menu it will create a .sru file in selected directory .Using this .sru you can import this file in PB environment and create a NVO. But I could not add arguments/parameters to the methods I created in the class using Power Designer 8.0. Can anybody post how arguments can be added to the methods using Power Designer 8.0 Regards, -------------------------------------------- Sudheer Kondla (W...

Sending proxy ID type 4 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 --How can I populate these BM3.8
I have narrowed a previous issue to this problem. My IPsec compliant firewall (PIX) expects these to have values (I'm assuming that they should contain the IP and subnets of the BM38 server and the other firewall) populated. The IKE screen on the BM3.8 server reports "Sending proxy ID type 4 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0". The PIX reports "testpix(config)# IPSEC(validate_proposal_request): proposal part #1, (key eng. msg.) dest= 192.168.1.1, src= 192.168.1.2, dest_proxy= 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0/0/0 (type=4), src_proxy= 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0/0/0 (type=4), protocol= ESP, t...

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

Why to upgrade Power Builder 8 from Power Builder 7
Hello All, I work for a client in New York city. All of our current applictions are written in Powerbuilder and Sybase environment. Recently we migrated our Financial application into Oracle. Now our management wants to re-write all other applications into Oracle forms with Oracle database. It will take from one year to two years. Right now we are in Powerbuilder 7.0 which is stable environment and our management is thinking to upgrade from PB 7 to powerbuilder 8 Is there any Pros and Cons on the upgrade please let me know. Thank you in advance, Chandrika. ---== Poste...

Datagrid sort -Sorting a column which is mapped to database column
How do I sort a datagrid column ,which is not mapped to database column. I'm able to sort other columns from the same datagrid which are mapped to database column and this grid has one of the columns which is not mapped to database column. But need to know how to sort the column which is not mapped to database column.     needtoknow: How do I sort a datagrid column ,which is not mapped to database column. I'm able to sort other columns from the same datagrid which are mapped to database column and this grid has one of the columns which is not mapped to database ...

power builder 8.0
At runtime I get the following error: DataWindow Error: The PowerBuilder Desktop edition does not support stored procedures. What does this mean? The desktop edition is only allows odbc connections to desktop databases like Access. Connecting to DBs like Oracle aren't supported in that version - that's what I read last. -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technologies, Inc. <aly> wrote in message news:425150dc.405f.1681692777@sybase.com... > At runtime I get the following error: > > DataWindow Error: The PowerBuilder Desktop edition doe...

Datawindow's Date argument with PowerBuilder 8.0.1 and Oracle 9i 9.2.0.1
Hi, there: Does anybody know how to pass datetime type data from client side to server side in the datawindow? Can anybody recommend a good book about how PowerBuilder deals with Oracle, datawindow, embedded SQL? Thanks in advance. PB DateTime data type corresponds to the Oracle Date type. You can set a DateTime variable using constants, or use the Date function to make a Date from mm, dd, yy and DateTime function to convert it. What are you not finding in the PB help and online books? "sybase.working" <sybase.working@yahoomail.com> wrote in message news:eYB...

Power Builder 8.0 Tutorial
I'm looking for the PB8.0 Tutorial. The helps said it was located in the "Getting Started" section. How can i find this tutorial and does it take you through the program visually or just textually? thank you ============================== Richard Parke, Technical Consultant webmaster@buchananfamilymed.com It's in the online books (I'm assuming you installed these when you installed PB)..Go to the online books, Select PowerBuilder and you should see the Getting Started Manual in the list. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Techno...

Powerbuilder 8 / Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 error
When I run my PB 8 build 9506 application using Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 client, I get the following error. If I use Oracle 8.0.5 client, it works. Please advise as I need to be on Oracle 8i. Number 3120 Select error: ORA-03120: two-task conversion routine: integer overflow What version of Oracle is the server? Perhaps it's an Oracle bug. On 10 Sep 2003 06:42:55 -0700, Marsha Jacobs wrote: >When I run my PB 8 build 9506 application using Oracle >8.1.7.0.0 client, I get the following error. If I use Oracle >8.0.5 client, it works. Please advise as I need to be on >Oracl...

PowerBuilder Oracle Driver for Oracle 8.0.4 and 8.0.5
You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native driver at the following URL http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html Has anyone been using this? Any comments? On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:32:31 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Dan Skibba <skibba@sybase.com> wrote: >You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native >driver at the following URL >http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html > > One of the things you do when you sign up for a beta ...

Automated Upgrade of ASA 5.0 database to ASA 8.0 database
Hello, We have a few hundred users who currently have an ASA 5 database on their laptops. We are going to use MobiLInk to synchronize data on these laptops. To do so, we are going to upgrade each users database to ASA 8.0 In Sybase Central there is the "Unload Databse" feature for copying a DB schema and data. Also when I connected to the 5.0 ASA DB from a 8.0 ML server a wizard kicked off that walked me through a DB upgrade. Here is my issue. The above mentioned procedures are fine for individual databases, but we need to roll this out to hundreds of users. Is ...

Web resources about - How can I SORT the columns in DATAWINDOW( power Builder 8.0) - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo