Help me!!! PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a

After I upgraded my MS SQL Server 6.5 with SP 5a,
I found that I couldn't get the query results of database in powerbuilder
5.0.

And when I used Database Pointer of PB5.0 to query table,
PB 5.0 give a message "XX's data type is not support." and
nothing  be retrieved.

sander_han@hotmail.com

This is being addressed in PB 5.0.04, BECAUSE MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5 is
required for Y2K.  A fix is not publically available yet, but I believe it is
imminent.

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support
joneil@sybase.com

A-B-C wrote:

> After I upgraded my MS SQL Server 6.5 with SP 5a,
> I found that I couldn't get the query results of database in powerbuilder
> 5.0.
>
> And when I used Database Pointer of PB5.0 to query table,
> PB 5.0 give a message "XX's data type is not support." and
> nothing  be retrieved.
>
> sander_han@hotmail.com

0
Jim
2/9/1999 6:26:32 PM
Is this problem present with PB 6.5?
Javier Rendon
f r e n d o n @ s c i s a . c o m . m x

Jim O'Neil [Sybase] escribi� en mensaje <36C07DD8.E050BC42@sybase.com>...
>This is being addressed in PB 5.0.04, BECAUSE MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5 is
>required for Y2K.  A fix is not publically available yet, but I believe it
is
>imminent.
>
>Jim O'Neil
>Sybase Technical Support
>joneil@sybase.com
>
>A-B-C wrote:
>
>> After I upgraded my MS SQL Server 6.5 with SP 5a,
>> I found that I couldn't get the query results of database in powerbuilder
>> 5.0.
>>
>> And when I used Database Pointer of PB5.0 to query table,
>> PB 5.0 give a message "XX's data type is not support." and
>> nothing  be retrieved.
>>
>> sander_han@hotmail.com

0
Javier
2/9/1999 11:57:34 PM
My PB is 5.0.2

Javier Art wrote in message <7pc6mcIV#GA.226@forums.powersoft.com>...
>Is this problem present with PB 6.5?
>Javier Rendon
>f r e n d o n @ s c i s a . c o m . m x
>

>Jim O'Neil [Sybase] escribi?en mensaje <36C07DD8.E050BC42@sybase.com>...
>>This is being addressed in PB 5.0.04, BECAUSE MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5 is
>>required for Y2K.  A fix is not publically available yet, but I believe it
>is
>>imminent.
>>
>>Jim O'Neil
>>Sybase Technical Support
>>joneil@sybase.com
>>
>>A-B-C wrote:
>>
>>> After I upgraded my MS SQL Server 6.5 with SP 5a,
>>> I found that I couldn't get the query results of database in
powerbuilder
>>> 5.0.
>>>
>>> And when I used Database Pointer of PB5.0 to query table,
>>> PB 5.0 give a message "XX's data type is not support." and
>>> nothing  be retrieved.
>>>
>>> sander_han@hotmail.com

The problem is not present with PB 6.5, I should have mentioned that since it is
the direction Sybase encourages it's customers to pursue.

5.0.04 is the latest maintenance release available for version 5.0, so if you
are still running 5.0.02, you will need to upgrade to 5.0.04 to get the fix,
once it is available.  The database drivers tend to be fairly encapsulated so
you can often use only the database interface DLL from a newer maintenance
release with other older DLLs; however, that's not a supported configuration and
you're on your own at that point.

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support
joneil@sybase.com

A-B-C wrote:

> My PB is 5.0.2
>
> Javier Art wrote in message <7pc6mcIV#GA.226@forums.powersoft.com>...
> >Is this problem present with PB 6.5?
> >Javier Rendon
> >f r e n d o n @ s c i s a . c o m . m x
> >

> >Jim O'Neil [Sybase] escribi?en mensaje <36C07DD8.E050BC42@sybase.com>...
> >>This is being addressed in PB 5.0.04, BECAUSE MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5 is
> >>required for Y2K.  A fix is not publically available yet, but I believe it
> >is
> >>imminent.
> >>
> >>Jim O'Neil
> >>Sybase Technical Support
> >>joneil@sybase.com

> powerbuilder

0
Jim

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a
We are currently running apps in PB 5.0.04 and PB 6.5 with a MS SQL Server database, ver 6.5 SP4. Our DBA wants to apply SP5a to the database. I see many issues regarding a required update for PB 5.0.04. Fine, we'll deal with that. Is there any documentation in existence that verifies that PB 6.5 is compliant with MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a? Also, does anyone have test results using the new MS SQL Server ODBC driver ver 3.7? Thanks! If its of any help, I couldn't find any hits in the infobase on service pack 5 or ODBC driver 3.7. Either nobody is having problems wit...

PB 5.0 cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5
I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL. Regards Chris Wilson chris.wilson@entex.com In article <35411705.278D@entex.com>, chris.wilson@entex.com says... > I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are > any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL > The latest PBMSS050.DLL driver is the one in the 5.0.04 maintenance release. I don't believe there is a new driver specific for 6.5. WHat version of PB are you using? -- ...

PB 5.0 (16 bit) cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.x
Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table ? The help says that it is not necessary, but PB gives me an error msg ("Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use.") when trying to connect to a db. Scott...... The first person to connect to the database through PB must have dbo or a subset of dbo privileges or PB won't be able to create the catalog tables. Mickey pottsgf@swbell.net >Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table >? The help says that it is not necessary, but PB...

PB 6.5 AND MS SQL SERVER 6.5
Hi, I have recently converted an 16-bit PB5.0 application to PB6.5. This application goes against a MS SQL SERVER 6.5 database. I have noticed now that the new application won't release locks on tables when I do an insert or update. This application has never had explicit commits coded and I haven't seen soo many locks on tables before until the recent powerbuilder upgrade. Does anyone have some insight on this situation? Chris Edwards Saks Incorporated 331 W. Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee, WI 53203 chris_edwards@saksinc.com ...

Identity Column
Using PB 5.0 and MS SQL 6.5 After an embeded Insert Statement, I use the following to get the value assigned by the Identity column : INT emp_id DECLARE get_value DYNAMIC CURSOR FOR SQLSA ; PREPARE SQLSA FROM "SELECT @@identity"; OPEN DYNAMIC get_value ; FETCH get_value INTO :emp_id ; CLOSE get_value; The emp_id returned seems to always be NULL. It is supposed to be the last (autoincrement) number assigned to the record inserted into the Employees table. Does anyone know why I am getting a NULL instead of a real value? The column is defined as an Identity in ...

PB 5.0.03(04) vs. MS SQL 6.5 sp5a
Dear friends, We recently upgraded our MSSQL 6.5 to have the service pack of 5a. Upon doing so our PowerBuilder 5.0.03(04) database tables lost their 'data types' when going into PB's database painter. Does anyone know why 5.0.03(04) cannot see the 'data types'? Is there a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance for any help. Their is an EBF (EBF2) for 5.0.04 that fixes this problem. However, given that PB7 is out and PB5 is or will soon be an unsupported product, I would recommend upgrading to PB6 or PB7 if at all possible. On Tue, 18 May 1999...

Cannot use SQl Sample Database 5.0 after updating to 6.5 PB... pls help
Please help. What is going on ? This is the errors DBENG50 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff9d709. Registers: EAX=c00300ec CS=0177 EIP=bff9d709 EFLGS=00010216 EBX=00000005 SS=017f ESP=0060feb4 EBP=00610150 ECX=00000000 DS=017f ESI=00610238 FS=4ee7 EDX=00000028 ES=017f EDI=00610254 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 53 8b 15 dc 9c fc bf 56 89 4d e4 57 89 4d dc 89 Stack dump: Is it possible that the 5.0 database was upgraded? I'm just thinking out loud here.... I can't think of a reason that the PB 6.5 upgrade would cause the SQL Anywhere db engi...

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

How do i upgrade PowerBuilder 5.0's native driver for MS SQL Server 6.5?
If you have the 5.0.04 patches, you have the latest stuff that I know of. Tech Support might have something as a private EBF, but you would have to contact them directly to determine that. Are you having a particular problem with the drivers you have now? On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:38:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database A-B-C <a-b-c@163.net> wrote: > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com | http://www.romac-sou...

Bad Return Code (MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.04)
Hi there! We have a PB 5.0.04 application that runs without any problem from a Windows 95 workstation. When a user tries to work with it from a Windows NT workstation or directly from the Windows Nt server where the database is installed, he receives some errors that we don't understand. Can anyone of you help us with some ideas? Thanks in advance for your input. The situation is this: DBMS: MS SQL Server 6.5 Service Pack 3 Server's Operating System: Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3.0 DBMS Client: Client of MS SQL Server 6.5 Ver 1996.04.02 PowerBuilder DLLs: Ver 5...

Web resources about - Help me!!! PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

New GIGABYTE Server Motherboards Show Xeon D Round 2
... the most awesome product Intel has delivered in years, even if it is slightly hidden away from the mainstream’. There is interest both server ...

Cock.li server seized again by German prosecutor, service moves to Iceland
(video link) The administrator of the cock.li e-mail hosting service told Ars on Friday that a second hard drive had been seized from his Bavarian ...

Qualcomm sets up joint venture in China for server chips
Qualcomm is setting up a server chipset design and sales unit with a provincial government in China, a move that could help boost the company's ...

Netflix To Crack Down On Proxy Servers As Share Price Continues To Be Volatile
Netflix is cracking down on people using proxy servers to access the SVOD giant’s library. The use of VPNs (virtual private networks) was commonplace ...

Qualcomm teams up with Chinese province for server chips
... government's investment arm and 45% owned by a subsidiary of Qualcomm. The JV will focus on the design, development and sale of advanced server ...

Microsoft R Server Is Free for Developers and Students
Nearly a year after announcing the acquisition of Revolution Analytics, Microsoft releases its own branded analytics software platform and offers ...

Qualcomm Partners With Chinese Government To Push Server Chips
Qualcomm tries to take on Intel in the data center market by striking a deal with the Chinese government.

Uh-Oh: Snoop Dogg Is Pissed At Microsoft's X-Box Servers
... This is a short video of Snoop Dogg offering some very choice words to Microsoft's X-Box team (plus Bill Gates for good measure) about a server ...

‘Dragon’s Dogma’ On PC Receives Server Side Fix For Gifting Between Players
Now that Capcom’s fantasy RPG Dragon’s Dogma is on PC, the game is reaching even more players. The open world epic released just last week for ...