Help Connecting to Local MS Access Database.

I'm trying to connect from PB 6.5 to a MS Access 2000 database on my C:\
drive and I get this error -

SQLSTATE = S1003 . . . program type out of range . . .

My simple select * query returns me the column names from the table I'm
querying - but not the data. Seems like I got some part of what I did right
.. . . but not the entire process.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,

Robin Sengupta

0
Robin_Sengupta

You need the latest PB 6.x maintenance release.  There was an update to ODBC
with Access 2000 that added datatypes that earlier versions of PB didn't know
about.

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:52:38 -0500,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database
 <Robin_Sengupta> wrote:
>I'm trying to connect from PB 6.5 to a MS Access 2000 database on my C:\
>drive and I get this error -
>
>SQLSTATE = S1003 . . . program type out of range . . .
>
>My simple select * query returns me the column names from the table I'm
>querying - but not the data. Seems like I got some part of what I did right
>.. . . but not the entire process.
>
>I would appreciate any help you can give me.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Robin Sengupta

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce
2/13/2002 2:15:57 AM
Bruce,

Thanks for your response. I greatly appreciate it.

Pardon my ignorance - where and how do I get the latest 'PB 6.x maintenance
release'?

I have never done anything with maintenance releases - but I guess I will
have to get savvy about this now.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robin Sengupta
0
Robin
2/14/2002 3:38:22 PM
my.sybase.com

Go to Downloads and then EBF/Updates.

You'll have to set the timeframe back a ways because it defaults to 6 months
and the last 6.5 maintenance release is older than that.

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:38:22 -0500,
 <Robin> wrote:
>Bruce,
>
>Thanks for your response. I greatly appreciate it.
>
>Pardon my ignorance - where and how do I get the latest 'PB 6.x maintenance
>release'?
>
>I have never done anything with maintenance releases - but I guess I will
>have to get savvy about this now.
>
>Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Robin Sengupta

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

Need help switching from MS Access database to SQL database
I recently created a form to MS access database web application and it worked fine on my local cpu.  When I published the same web app to my hosting server the program wouldn't work but I couldn't understand.  Well, after researching the matter I found out my hosting server doesn't allow ASP.NET applications that use the aspcompat page directive because of security trust levels.  So, I decided to switch to a SQL database but I can't even test the web application on my local cpu because I get this error "An error has occurred while establishing a connection...

[need you help] Connect to remote MS Access Database???
Hi expert, how do I connect to MS Access Database that is located remotely?? How to do that using ASP.NET??? Can I make use of ODBC??   Thanks in Advance You can use either ODBC or OLE DB. Refer to the following website for the format of the connection stringshttp://www.connectionstrings.com/ Kumar Reddi There is no way to connect to a remote Access database. Access is a file based database, not a server. What you will need is SQL Server, MySQL or another database server.   pqxl: There is no way to connect to a remote Access database. Access is a file based datab...

Different behaviors of "database explorer" between two machines... impossible to connect to MS Access database -
I use MS Access database (OLE DB) to access my data on our web site, using two different servers, one for production and the other for development. Both machines are 2003 server, with VS2008 web developper installed the same way. The dev. no longer enables the connection to MS Access in the "Database Explorer" and provides a simplfied dialog box only presenting the "connection string" while on the production machine the dialog box allows the selection of the file as usual.  When trying to "configure a datasource" in vs2008 I obtain a "Object referen...

Please help, I can't create a connection between my web page and database in MS-Access/Sql-Server
Hi all , Recently I was trying to establish a connection between my web page and the database made in MS-Access/SQL-server. But all my efforts were in vain at last. Please help me to do this. Write all the steps. Looking for a perfect solution.  Thanking,Kristian  Which is it? Access or SQL Server?  Here's a tutorial for Access: http://msconline.maconstate.edu/tutorials/aspnet20/default.htm Connection stirngs for all types of database can be found here: http://www.connectionstrings.com  Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site hopefully u are us...

how to access other database in this database ?

MS Access Database Connect
Can I connect MS Access Database to Adaptive Server. It always said invalid ID or password! Thank you! Can you import data into Excel and MS Query? If you can then there is no reason why you shouldn't in Access as well although I haven't tried with Access. ...

Connecting Ms Access Database
Hi �s There any way to connect to Microsoft Access Database From Pocket Powerbuilder ? (Pocket PC Side) Thanks Regards Pocket PowerBuilder only supports ASA as the client database at this time. -Marty "akin" <akin@boyutsis.com> wrote in message news:3f5f3ed2@forums-1-dub... > Hi > �s There any way to connect to Microsoft Access Database From Pocket > Powerbuilder ? (Pocket PC Side) > Thanks Regards > > ...

Help with MS Access Database
I've been using SQL Server Express to track all of my user's accounts. I've recently uploaded my site to my hosts and, as a result, can't use the Express version. Instead, I am going to use MS Access to set it up. Does anyone have advice or helpful links that can get me started? ThanksJeffrey Way | My Blog I update my blog on a daily basis with views on web development. I always appreciate new readers. You need to create an odbc dsn on the web server to point to your ms access database. You will also need to export the data from sql server to access. Right click on the database in sql ser...

How to connect MS-ACCESS database
How to connect MS-ACCESS 2003 database using ADO.Net using VB.NET language? Also binding data by server datacontrol Datagrid. Give me an example. Try http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconoverviewofadonet.asp to get an idea of how to use ADO.NET.RegardsDave...

Connect to MS Access Database
How can I connect to an MS Access database with VS? What are the steps involved? Do I have to code any of it? The steps to connect to Access from VS.NET are documented in the following article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskcreatingconnectiontoaccessdatabase.asp Hope that helps. -- Bash This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Connection to MS Access database
I am using ODBC to connect to an MS Access database. In the table painter I cannot see any of the tables whose names contain spaces (ie multi word names). I can, however, see the names of queries which contain more than one word. I can retrieve from the tables through the db admin painter by delimiting the table names in double quotes. Can anyone tell me how to be able to see the list of table names. Thank you. Ches Chesney ches@a2z.uk.com Ches, You may want to try setting the DbParm parameter, DelimitIdentifier='Yes', so that PowerBuilder will enclose databa...

Web resources about - Help Connecting to Local MS Access Database. - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...