HALDUU/CANU Replace the DataWindow Object dynamically in a DataWindow control

I have an existing datawindow control for which I need to present different
looks depending on the department using the control.  There is quite a bit
of logic around it so what I wanted to do do was resave with a different
name of my original datawindow object and then use either object in the
control.  Thus when 1 type of user comes in 1 dw object is displayed and
used and when another user type comes in another dw object is used.  I
believe I could probably use .ShareData, but was hoping I could simply
replace the datawindow object for a single control (have done something
similar for dddw).

TIA

Joe Dale
Wright Industries

0
Joe

"Joe Dale" <joe.dale@wrightind.com> wrote:

>I have an existing datawindow control for which I need to present different
>looks depending on the department using the control.  There is quite a bit
>of logic around it so what I wanted to do do was resave with a different
>name of my original datawindow object and then use either object in the
>control.  Thus when 1 type of user comes in 1 dw object is displayed and
>used and when another user type comes in another dw object is used.  I
>believe I could probably use .ShareData, but was hoping I could simply
>replace the datawindow object for a single control (have done something
>similar for dddw).

Change the DataObject property of the control. That property contains the name
of the datawindow object.

This is discussed briefly in the Fast Track to PowerBuilder and in more detail
in the Mastering DataWindows.
---
Craig Wagner                   | E-mail:  cwagner@metacorp.com
CPD Professional               | Web:     http://www.metacorp.com
Certified Powersoft Instructor | Phone:   (503) 452-6343
Portland, OR USA               |

Keeper of the PowerBuilder FAQ
http://www.teleport.com/~wagnerc/powerbuilder_faq.html
0
cwagner

dw_master.DataObject = 'd_blah_blah_blah'

Worked Great

0
Joe

datawindow.object.datawindow.objects ?
Hi? I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? string ls_objects ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) I hope to get a list of the controls in the datawindow objects. TIA ..Describe("DataWindow.Objects") On 5 Jan 2006 23:30:30 -0800, "Robert" <jooong@empal.com> wrote: >Hi? > >I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? > >string ls_objects >ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) > >I hope to get a list of the controls in the dataw...

Binding DataWindow object to DataWindow control
When we create a datawindow object we can bind it to datawindow control which actually i dont know to do, so i have dragged and dropped the objects onto a window then the source code generated is something like this dw_window is my window dw_1 is datawindow object on the window forward global type dw_window from window end type type st_1 from statictext within dw_window end type type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window end type end forward What this line of code specify? type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window Is it that by dragging and dropping it automatically cr...

Error in putting datawindow object in datawindow control
When I choose dataobject from the Datawindow Control's Property Tab and save, Powerbuilder always crashes. If I restart PowerBuilder, the dataobject is already saved. Could anybody help me??? Same thing happend to me in previous version of 902 7509 <Rachel> wrote in message news:418669eb.61f4.1681692777@sybase.com... > When I choose dataobject from the Datawindow Control's > Property Tab and save, Powerbuilder always crashes. If I > restart PowerBuilder, the dataobject is already saved. > Could anybody help me??? ...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

IS A BUG?. How do you link differents datawindow objects to a datawindow control during runtime?
Pablo Rovedo wrote: >I am developing a system in which I need to link a Datawindow control with differents Datawindow objects in >runtime.Therefore, I set the Datawindow control property DATAOBJECT with the value of the datawindow object I want >(dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object1"), and then I change it with other values during execution, doing dw_1.dataobject = >"dw_object2" in the script (of course then I do dw_1.settransobject(transaction_object)...). >When I run the system into PowerBuilder's environment (with the Run painter),THE SYSTEM WORKS. ...

Help! How do you link differents datawindow objects to a datawindow control during runtime?
I am developing a system in which I need to link a Datawindow control with differents Datawindow objects in runtime.Therefore, I set the Datawindow control property DATAOBJECT with the value of the datawindow object I want (dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object1"), and then I change it with other values during execution, doing dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object2" in the script (of course then I do dw_1.settransobject(transaction_object)...). When I run the system into PowerBuilder's environment (with the Run painter), THE SYSTEM WORKS. I made the executable without probl...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

OLE object control inside a datawindow control
Hello, I need to add a OLE object control inside of a datawindow control, I need to know how can call the methods (and access to its properties) of the oleobject. I have try with this code but it results in error running the application: dw1.object.ole_object.aboutmethod() dw1.object.ole_object.propertyX = 1 I have get success if I do the same but adding the OLE object directly to the window, so that this code works OK: this.object.ole_object.aboutmethod() this.object.ole_object.propertyX = 1 But I need to work with a datawindow to do other questions, How have I to invoke ...

Dynamically Creating vcr-control against datawindow-control
Hi all, I've got following problem: On a DW-control, i want to have a uo-function of_set_vcr(true/false) which, when param=true automatically creates vcr-control on left side of dw-control. I allready discovered i could do something like that by using something like this: window.openuserobject(iuo_vcr,"uo_vcr",x,y) but this works fine when you can create object directly onto window. In my case i've a window with a tab-control(with 2 tabpages) onto it. A dw-control is included on tabpage 2. So when calling of_set_vcr(true), i want to appear uo_vcr on...

How changing a datawindow attached in a datawindow control ?
Hi, I would like to set a datawindow object in a datawindow control dinamically. So I did: dw_control1.DataObject = 'dw_object1' The code doesn't work right when I have a EXE. Someone could help me ? Thanks, Alvason Uberl�ndia - Minas Gerais - Brazil I suspect that the dataobject ('dw_object1', the actual datawindow that you painted in the datawindow painter) is not being compiled into the .exe file, since its only reference is the string 'dw_object1'. If this is the case, you need to compile the executable with a .PBR file that include...

Composite datawindow and dynamical creation of datawindows
My composite datawindow has in the detail band 1 nested datawindows. The first nested datawindow is always fixed. What I want to do is to add dynamicly more drop down datawindows, is this possible. I've tried several options but it never worked, so I'm affraid it is not possible. Has anyone an idea. Thanks in advance. Marc. I have what appears to be a similar requirement, a dw with nested dw, and I want to modify the nested dw to alter some of the field labels at runtime. I've a feeling it's not possible, as GetChild doesn't work, presu...

Add datawindow control for master datawindow
Hi, I hope you dont't mind an newbie question here. I am following the tutorial of the Getting Started PB5 manual and I am stuck in chapter 8 "Building Ancestor Windows". Here are the steps: 1. I create a new window ( a master/detail window)and want to add a control to be the master DataWindow in the applic. 2. I select the UserObj button and choose TUTOR_PB.PBL 3. When I click OK the manual tells me to click in the upper left corner but nothing happens: there is already a blanc window visible, which I can't move with the mouse. 4. I select Properties. The name ...

Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net
Hi, Can someone please list the various methods we can use to convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net object ? Thanks, Sanjay I'm lost. There's no conversion necessary. PB and DW.Net use the same datawindow objects. On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net >object ? > >Thanks, > >Sanjay Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that we can modify the datawin...

Web resources about - HALDUU/CANU Replace the DataWindow Object dynamically in a DataWindow control - sybase.powerbuilder.database