ENTER key as TAB key: PB crashes

Hi everyone,
To make the ENTER key acts as TAB key, I did the following, using the
Windows SDK:

1. Create a user define event in the dw control mapped to the PB event
pbm_dwnkey
2. In this event, I put the following code:

Long w_handle
uint WM_KEYDOWN  =  256
int w_tab_key  =  9

If KeyDown(KeyEnter!)        then
 w_handle    =  Handle(This)
 MessageBox("The Handle","Handle = " + String(w_handle), Information!)
 Send(w_handle,WM_KEYDOWN,w_tab_key,0)
end if

It run perfect: after receiving the message with the handle number, the
cursor jumps to the next column.
Because the MessageBox cannot stay there, I removed and run the App again:
PB crashes with the following error:

"PB70 causes a stack fault in module PBVM70.DLL at address ....."

Why it runs well with the message box and does not without? Does someone has
an idea?

Thanks for the cooperation.

Paul
MSA

0
techsupport

Hi paul.

Check "general" section on 26-10-2004

Greetings

"techsupport" <techsupport@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
> To make the ENTER key acts as TAB key, I did the following, using the
> Windows SDK:
>
> 1. Create a user define event in the dw control mapped to the PB event
> pbm_dwnkey
> 2. In this event, I put the following code:

> Long w_handle
> uint WM_KEYDOWN  =  256
> int w_tab_key  =  9
>
> If KeyDown(KeyEnter!)        then
> w_handle    =  Handle(This)
> MessageBox("The Handle","Handle = " + String(w_handle), Information!)
> Send(w_handle,WM_KEYDOWN,w_tab_key,0)
> end if
>
> It run perfect: after receiving the message with the handle number, the
> cursor jumps to the next column.
> Because the MessageBox cannot stay there, I removed and run the App again:
> PB crashes with the following error:
>
> "PB70 causes a stack fault in module PBVM70.DLL at address ....."
>
> Why it runs well with the message box and does not without? Does someone
> has
> an idea?
>
> Thanks for the cooperation.
>
> Paul
> MSA

0
Juli
Thanks, it worked fine. I was using the right code in the
wrong event.
Thanks again.

Paul
MSA

> Hi paul.
>
> Check "general" section on 26-10-2004
>
> Greetings
>

> "techsupport" <techsupport@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Hi everyone,
> > To make the ENTER key acts as TAB key, I did the
> > following, using the Windows SDK:
> >
> > 1. Create a user define event in the dw control mapped
> > to the PB event pbm_dwnkey
> > 2. In this event, I put the following code:

> > ---------------- Long w_handle
> > uint WM_KEYDOWN  =  256
> > int w_tab_key  =  9
> >
> > If KeyDown(KeyEnter!)        then
> > w_handle    =  Handle(This)
> > MessageBox("The Handle","Handle = " + String(w_handle),
> > Information!) Send(w_handle,WM_KEYDOWN,w_tab_key,0)
> > end if

> ----------------- >
> > It run perfect: after receiving the message with the
> > handle number, the cursor jumps to the next column.
> > Because the MessageBox cannot stay there, I removed and
> > run the App again: PB crashes with the following error:
> >
> > "PB70 causes a stack fault in module PBVM70.DLL at
> address ....." >
> > Why it runs well with the message box and does not
> > without? Does someone  has
> > an idea?
> >
> > Thanks for the cooperation.
> >
> > Paul
> > MSA

0
techsupport

Enter key / Tab key
Right now if a user hit the enter key it does a refresh on the page instead I would like the enter key to be replace by a tab key so that the focus would move on to the next field. Is this possible? Thanks yes you will probalby need to write some javascript to get this to work. The login screen on the following page is an example of what you are looking to do. When you type in the user name and hit enter the cursor move to the password box. if you hit enter when the cursor is in the password then you will submit. You should be able to find the javascript you need in this page ...

Enter key = Tab key
I have a form with many textboxes, and my users seem to like using the enter key to go to the next text box rather than using the tab key. I have code to disable the enter key, but was wondering if anyone has sample code to make the enter key act as a tab key if a textbox has focus? Thanks....

Keys, keys,keys...
Just installed PGP 6.5.8 and all is running fine, so far :-) Question: When I opened the PGP Keys window for the first time, apart from the *Create Key* wizard, there are about 50 odd keys belonging to various and sundry at NAI. Were these supplied for a purpose or only for illustration? Is there any reason they could not or should no be deleted? Question 2: I sent someone an encrypted test message using that person's public key. It went off fine except, I am left with only the encrypted eMail. What setting should I change in order for my eMail client (Outlook 2000) ...

How to make the Enter key act as the Tab key in PB 11 .NET Web Forms application?
Dear All, I am using PowerBuilder 11 build 6525 to develop a .NET Web Forms application. I would like to make the Enter key behave like the Tab key for our end users to input data (in DataWindow and EditMask controls) inside this application. I have found that in JavaScript, something like the following code can achieve what we want: if (event.keyCode==13) {event.keyCode=9; return event.keyCode;} N.B. Enter key has the keyCode 13 while Tab key has the keyCode 9. However, it seems that all the key press related events (such as "pbm_dwnprocessenter" and &quo...

Enter key to emulate Tab key
How do I tell the Enter key to emulate the Tab key when I am in a Datawindow? Thanks! Jason This is an EXTREME FAQ. Search http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search > How do I tell the Enter key to emulate the Tab key when I > am in a Datawindow? In a dw, add the following code in the pbm_dwnprocessenter event: Send (Handle(this), 256, 9, 0) return 1 steve [TeamSybase] > How do I tell the Enter key to emulate the Tab key when I > am in a Datawindow? > > Thanks! > > Jason > > ...

How to use Enter key as Tab key
I would like to Know how to emulate Enter key as Tab key. I am using PB5.0 . I have a sample on my web-site u_nv_dw_advance this is a DataWindow object that allo=ws you to advance the cursor with an Entr Key. http://www.powerobjects.com/objects.htm. You can download the code and use as a sample or simply use it. -- Thanks Dean Jones, CPD Professional PowerTeam, Inc. www.powerobjects.com dean@outtech.com semsoft@ad1.vsnl.net.in wrote in article <34FC9118.1023@ad1.vsnl.net.in>... > I would like to Know how to emulate Enter key as Tab key. I am using > PB5.0 . >...

Replace Enter Key by Tab Key
Hi, in a datawindow I want to change the behaviour of the enter key. Everytime the user presses ENTER this event shall not be executed but be replaced by the tab key. I want to change the normal behaviour, because I want to unable the customer to step through a datawindow from field to field by pressing the enter key. I found a technical documentation (44003). It says that I have to create a user event which has to correspond to pbm_dwnprocessenter. In the user event I have to place the following code: Send(Handle(this),259,9,Long(0,0)) return 1 By doing this the ENTER i...

Make Enter Key As TAB Key
Hi, I would like to disable the Enter Key. If the user press the EnterKey I would like it to behave like a TAB key. Any example code would be helpful Thanks EJ Please refrain from crossposting. See response in your other post to general /ck "EJ Chew" <admin@cyberoffice.com.sg> wrote in message news:E2WxaltXBHA.64@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > I would like to disable the Enter Key. If the user press the EnterKey I > would like it to behave like a TAB key. > > Any example code would be helpful > > Thanks > &g...

Replace Enter Key by Tab Key
Hi, in a datawindow I want to change the behaviour of the enter key. Everytime the user presses ENTER this event shall not be executed but be replaced by the tab key. I want to change the normal behaviour, because I want to unable the customer to step through a datawindow from field to field by pressing the enter key. I found a technical documentation (44003). It says that I have to create a user event which has to correspond to pbm_dwnprocessenter. In the user event I have to place the following code: Send(Handle(this),259,9,Long(0,0)) return 1 By doing this the ENTER i...

map ENTER key to TAB key
Hello My users don't want to use TAB key, they want to use Enter to move between controls, columns in DW .... Does anybody have the code how to do this? (PB 5.0.0.3) thanks for help. Tomaz Create a userevent and map it to pbm_dwnprocessenter int wm_keydown wm_keydown = 256 Send( Handle(this), wm_keydown, 9, 0 ) RETURN 1 Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) TOMAZ KRALJ <jurak.tomaz@insert.si> wrote in article <01bcf5be$34271860$0f0aa8c0@tomaz.insert.si>... > Hello > > > My users don't want to use TAB key, they want to use Enter to mov...

How to Substitute TAB key with ENTER key?
Hi all, How to Substitute TAB key with ENTER key? in Datawindow with tabular style? THX for all your help...:) See http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=44003 - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com) www.planetdx.com Home of PB Link - The FREE PowerBuilder to Palm Interface In u_dw Create a user event with Event ID: pbm_dwnprocessenter In that user event put the following code: IF ib_easykeys THEN Send(Handle(This), 256, 9, Long(0,0)) RETURN 1 END IF Regards Stoyan "ebr" <ebr@cbn.net.id> wrote in message news:1103_1047347307@forums.syb...

How to use Enter key as Tab key
I would like to know how to emulate Enter key as Tab key I am using Powerbuilder 5.0 a consultant put this in our App. /* Want to make the Enter key behave like the Tab key on this dw. Intercept the PB event for the Enter key and issue the code for the Tab key instead */ Send(Handle(this),256,9,Long(0,0)) this.SetActionCode(1) /* ******************* WARNING **************************** You must override the ancestor's "keydown" event with a blank event script or this event will never get executed. */ Hope this is what you are looking for...

Enter Key actes as Tab Key
Hi, everyone; I think you all know this code : Send (Handle(this), 256, 9, Long(0,0)) return 1; will allow Enter Key act as Tab Key. This code worked well until now. I have a data. It has few fields, one of which is char(254). So I made it 3 times height than normal field to display all the data. In this case, when I press Tab key, it stopped on that field; when I press Enter key, it just jump over this field to the next one right way. If I reduce the height of that field to normal, Enter key just works like Tab key. This user who will use this application is piggy. ...

How to replace tab key with enter key
Hi, Is there anyway to replace tab key,jump to another control, with enter key. I mean when user is on textbox and press enter key she will jump to second control ( second textbox whatever ) Thanks in advance Darko you'll need a screwdriver and some glue. pop the enter key upward and to the right. pop the shift key up and to the left. swap and glue. ;) theres no legit way of changing form behavior unless you start listening for key strokes, cancelling their functionality and replacing it with your own.Ask yourself: Do I honestly understand the difference between ser...

Web resources about - ENTER key as TAB key: PB crashes - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Lightning Crashes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Lightning Crashes " is a song by the rock band Live , from their 1994 album, Throwing Copper . The track wasn't released as a single in the ...

When New York Times website crashes, newspaper turns to Facebook Notes
When The New York Times’ website suffered some downtime Wednesday because of technical issues, the newspaper turned to Facebook Notes to post ...

Adorable Baby Crashes Daddy's Concert - YouTube
17 month old baby, Ethan ran out onstage when his dad, country singer Coffey, was performing at NYE event, started dancing, and stole the show. ...

Police warn drivers after tanker crashes at Ajman roundabout
A tanker overturned at the Al Zorah roundabout spilling oil on the busy road and causing traffic jams for about four hours.

Worst Driver of the Day: Old Man Crashes Into Everything In Piggly Wiggly Parking Lot
No, this isn’t footage from “GTA V.” A 92-year-old man named Russell Kerr pulled his minivan out of the parking lot last Friday at a Piggly Wiggly ...

Man crashes car doing burnouts allegedly twice over limit at Port Pirie - AdelaideNow Search Search
A MAN was arrested after allegedly doing burnouts while almost two times over the limit and crashing into a fence at Port Pirie.

Kangaroos cause two crashes near Bendigo
One driver swerved, the other collided with a kangaroo in separate accidents near Bendigo.

Two dead, four critical in horror spate of Queensland crashes
A motorcyclist and a cyclist are dead, and four men are fighting for their lives following a spate of horror crashes on Queensland roads in the ...

Argentine police bus crashes into ravine, killing dozens
A bus carrying Argentine border patrol officers blew a tyre and tumbled from a bridge into a dry river bed in the northern province of Salta ...