Database Profile for MS SQL Server 2000 in PBv11.5

I have recently upgraded to PB 11.5.  I need to set up a
database profile for several Microsoft SQL Server 2000
databases.  Which Database Interface do I select to do that.
 I've tried OLE Microsoft OLE DB,ADO Microsoft ADO.NET, and
ODB ODBC.  None worked.  Please help!!
0
Barbara

Hi Barbara;

    Can you tell us if you can connect with anty other utilities and what
connectivity mechanisms they are using?

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

<Barbara Dillman> wrote in message
>I have recently upgraded to PB 11.5.  I need to set up a
> database profile for several Microsoft SQL Server 2000
> databases.  Which Database Interface do I select to do that.
> I've tried OLE Microsoft OLE DB,ADO Microsoft ADO.NET, and
> ODB ODBC.  None worked.  Please help!!

0
Chris
10/22/2008 11:34:06 AM
I don't fully under stand your question, but (in v11.5) I
have built database profiles for connecting to an AS/400 DB2
and to a MS Access database using the ODB ODBC.  They look
fine.  I tried the OLE DB to connect to the MS SQL databses
I want, but there are several DBs on the same server, so
they all give me the same database.  In Powerbuilder v9, I
used the database interface called MSS Microsoft SQL Server.
 With it I named the database in the configure.  The 11.5
OLE DB doesn't ask for the database name.

> Hi Barbara;
>
>     Can you tell us if you can connect with anty other
> utilities and what  connectivity mechanisms they are
> using?
>
> --
> Regards ... Chris
> ISUG - NA RUG Director
> http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>

> <Barbara Dillman> wrote in message
> >I have recently upgraded to PB 11.5.  I need to set up a
> > database profile for several Microsoft SQL Server 2000
> > databases.  Which Database Interface do I select to do
> > that. I've tried OLE Microsoft OLE DB,ADO Microsoft
> > ADO.NET, and ODB ODBC.  None worked.  Please help!!

0
Barbara
10/22/2008 1:21:01 PM
My OLE connections to MS SQL Server have the following:

Provider:                      SQLOLEDB
Data Source:                servername
Extended Properties:    DATABASE=databasename

When connecting via OLE DB, you are getting the default database because the
DATABASE parm is missing.

PB 11.5 has a new native interface SNC which replaces MSS. I'm not sure it
it works with MS SQL Server 2000.

Chris was wondering if you had successfully connected outside PB, with a MS
utility for example.

>I don't fully under stand your question, but (in v11.5) I
> have built database profiles for connecting to an AS/400 DB2
> and to a MS Access database using the ODB ODBC.  They look
> fine.  I tried the OLE DB to connect to the MS SQL databses
> I want, but there are several DBs on the same server, so
> they all give me the same database.  In Powerbuilder v9, I
> used the database interface called MSS Microsoft SQL Server.
> With it I named the database in the configure.  The 11.5
> OLE DB doesn't ask for the database name.
>

>> Hi Barbara;
>>
>>     Can you tell us if you can connect with anty other
>> utilities and what  connectivity mechanisms they are
>> using?
>>
>> --
>> Regards ... Chris
>> ISUG - NA RUG Director
>> http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>>

>> <Barbara Dillman> wrote in message
>> >I have recently upgraded to PB 11.5.  I need to set up a
>> > database profile for several Microsoft SQL Server 2000
>> > databases.  Which Database Interface do I select to do
>> > that. I've tried OLE Microsoft OLE DB,ADO Microsoft
>> > ADO.NET, and ODB ODBC.  None worked.  Please help!!

0
Roland