database interfaces in powerbuilder 10

I installed powerbuilder 10 with the default configurations.
When I went to connect to my microsoft sql server database,
I noticed that 10 didnt have a MSS Microsoft SQL Server
database interface. How do I add it? Did I miss a selection
during installation?

Please email back at

wahidta@friedfrank.com

Thanks,
Tashfin Wahid
0
Tashfin

As far as I know, for 10 you would use the ADO.net driver to connect to MS
Sql Server.  That is the way the MS is going for their database
connectivity, so no native driver included.  So you would create a
datasource on your local machine and configure the ADO.net driver to use
that datasource.

Doug

<Tashfin Wahid> wrote in message news:412f9e2f.7235.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I installed powerbuilder 10 with the default configurations.
> When I went to connect to my microsoft sql server database,
> I noticed that 10 didnt have a MSS Microsoft SQL Server
> database interface. How do I add it? Did I miss a selection
> during installation?
>
> Please email back at
>
> wahidta@friedfrank.com
>
> Thanks,
> Tashfin Wahid

0
Doug
8/27/2004 8:50:09 PM
Actually, I'd go for the OLE-Db driver.  PB's ADO.NET is another layer
on that.

For info on the reason the MSS driver is not shipped, take a look at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/bldgapps/ba_highprog_56pc.asp

The MSS driver uses the DB-Library DLLs that are referred to in this
article (the ones at the old TDS 4.2) level, so you can see the
obvious limitations.

On 27 Aug 2004 13:50:09 -0700, "Doug Porter"
<doug_porter@dailyaccess.nospam.com> wrote:

>As far as I know, for 10 you would use the ADO.net driver to connect to MS
>Sql Server.  That is the way the MS is going for their database
>connectivity, so no native driver included.  So you would create a
>datasource on your local machine and configure the ADO.net driver to use
>that datasource.
>
>Doug
>
><Tashfin Wahid> wrote in message news:412f9e2f.7235.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> I installed powerbuilder 10 with the default configurations.
>> When I went to connect to my microsoft sql server database,
>> I noticed that 10 didnt have a MSS Microsoft SQL Server
>> database interface. How do I add it? Did I miss a selection
>> during installation?
>>
>> Please email back at
>>
>> wahidta@friedfrank.com
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tashfin Wahid

0
Jim
8/27/2004 10:08:50 PM
I agree with Jim that ADO.NET is more layers.  Now with that said, I have
two testers that claim that when I configure a
ADO instead of OLE_DB that the performance is better.  Apparently, the extra
layer is providing a "caching" function that actually
provides a "faster experience" for the end user.

The only negative that I know of on ADO.NET is the timeout for queries that
is set at 30 seconds.  So, if you have any long
running queries (e.g. reports) that take over 30 seconds, your are SOL with
ADO.net. I think this behavior is a bug and reported it as such
during the beta, however, it was not fixed in 4510.  I would not be suprised
to see it fixed in some future EBF build.

OLE-DB to SQL server 2000 SP3a is working well.  I also have a test database
on Yukon beta2 and that is also doing well also.

I have received some e-mails indicating that build 5013 has a two of my beta
bugs resolved, however, I do not recall
if the ADO isssue was one of them.

"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
> Actually, I'd go for the OLE-Db driver.  PB's ADO.NET is another layer
> on that.
>
> For info on the reason the MSS driver is not shipped, take a look at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/bldgapps/ba_highprog_56pc.asp

> The MSS driver uses the DB-Library DLLs that are referred to in this
> article (the ones at the old TDS 4.2) level, so you can see the
> obvious limitations.
>

> On 27 Aug 2004 13:50:09 -0700, "Doug Porter"
> <doug_porter@dailyaccess.nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >As far as I know, for 10 you would use the ADO.net driver to connect to
MS
> >Sql Server.  That is the way the MS is going for their database
> >connectivity, so no native driver included.  So you would create a
> >datasource on your local machine and configure the ADO.net driver to use
> >that datasource.
> >
> >Doug
> >
> ><Tashfin Wahid> wrote in message
> >> I installed powerbuilder 10 with the default configurations.
> >> When I went to connect to my microsoft sql server database,
> >> I noticed that 10 didnt have a MSS Microsoft SQL Server
> >> database interface. How do I add it? Did I miss a selection
> >> during installation?
> >>
> >> Please email back at
> >>
> >> wahidta@friedfrank.com
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Tashfin Wahid

0
Tyler

PowerBuilder 10 Database connection
Hello, In my previouos topic I wrote: Hi, > > I have PB 10.5 and ORA 9.2 installed on Citrix MetaFrame > server. > > Even though when I open database profile and hit 'Test > Connection' button I get 'Connection Successful' message, > there is, in fact, no connection. No tables are visible, the > datawindows won't retrieve the data. I can, however, connect > to ORACLE DB using ORACLE SQLPlus. PBO90105.dll and > PBO10105.dll are in place... > > What am I missing? Well, the funny part is - the 'Connection Successfu...

PowerBuilder Database Interfaces (please help)
I have been working with PowerBuilder 7.0 professional edition for awhile now and I have notice that I regulary receive the following errors: 1// DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. 2// There are no database interface currently installed. I can reinstall powerbuilder and my database interface but after I open powerbuilder and create my connection and close powerbuilder again I receive the same errors. With these erors I can not connect to my data base and create data windows. Now reciently I have notice that even when I reinstall powerbuilder I will re...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Is there a way to connect to ultralite databases from powerbuilder 10?
Is there a way to connect to ultralite databases from powerbuilder 10? Directly and without mobilink i mean. Maybe through the active x component of ultralite or a beta driver for pb 10 as an example. Is it going to be possible in later versions of powerbuilder? Chris ...

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Powerbuilder 10.0 Microsoft Native Database Driver...
I installed Powerbuilder 10.0 but couldn't find Microsoft Native Database Driver for SQL Server...I tried even Custom option but still didn't see anywhere... Am I missing something or is it in different place ?? Not supported. Native for MS SQL Server is OLE_DB(MSSQLDB) or ADO.NET PB's MSS driver is based on db-lib. MS has announced that it will no longer provide db-lib on future SQL server releases. MS has recommended other driver options for several years, namely ole-db and ado.net db-lib was not Unicode compliant "Verticent" <support@verticent...

PowerBuilder 10.2 and Oracle Database Lite 10gR3
Hello! I'm trying to establish connection to Oracle Lite from PB 10.2 (pitty, but we don't have license for 10.5). I created new ODBC profile to connect to default DSN (POLite), but when I try to connect PB just closes. Should I add something to special to pbodb100.ini? One more question. Maybe there is a way to connect trough JDBC? ...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

PowerBuilder 10.5 OLE Database Blob control and Word 2007 .docx files
I have an OLE column in a Datawindow and was able to open .doc files when the OLE server app in the OLE Class is defined as Word.Document.12, but I am not able to open a .docx file. The application starts but with a blank document. My environment: PowerBuilder 10.5.1 build 6684 SQLAnywhere 11 db MS Office Word 2007 Any ideas/suggestions on how to fix this problem are very much appreciated. Thanks, Petra ...

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?
Hi: How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5. I do not want to via ODBC. Thanks! Wu; No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world. So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for PB 11 that is simil...

Web resources about - database interfaces in powerbuilder 10 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles