Converting SQL Anywhere db to MS Access

We have a PB 7.0.2 app running against a SQL Anywhere db.  We would like
to convert the db to MS Access 97 or 2000, and have the app run against
this db.   What are the steps necessary for this, and are there problems
to be expected?  I know that we will have to change the app's db
connection, but will the datawindows work seamlessly against the Access
db without doing any changes?  TIA.

0
esther

Converting db from SQL Anywhere 5 to MS SQL Server 7
I have converted a SQL Anywhere 5 database to MS SQL Server 7 database. When the tables are converted are the primary key, foreign keys and indexes brought over to MS SQL Server 7 or do they all have to be recreated in the coverted tables? If they have to be recreated, is there a simple way to do it? Thanks, Sheldon Thompson How did you perform the migration? If you extracted the SQL schema for the tables, it should have included the indices in the SQL script. First thing is to use the admin tool and check to see if the indices were created. If not, then you need to extra...

Topic: Converting db from SQL Anywhere 5 to MS SQL Server 7
I have converted a SQL Anywhere 5 database to MS SQL Server 7 database. When the tables are converted are the primary key, foreign keys and indexes brought over to MS SQL Server 7 or do they all have to be recreated in the coverted tables? If they have to be recreated, is there a simple way to do it? By the way, I used the MS SQL Import/Export Utility to do the conversion. If there is another method, please let me know. Thanks, Sheldon Thompson ...

migrating MS access DB to SQL anywhere
I am trying to migrate the MS access DB to SQL anywhere using the migration utility provided by Sybase Central, but it is not taking care of the foreign keys i.e. relationship between the tables. Only tables are getting migrated and not the relationships. The "Foreign keys" option is giving errors while migrating. error snippet: CREATE EXISTING TABLE "DBA"."DCO_CMD_INSTANCE_STATE_et" AT 'DCO;C:\MDBFILE\DCO;;DCO_CMD_INSTANCE_STATE' CREATE TABLE "DBA"."DCO_CMD_INSTANCE_STATE" ( "CmdInstanceID" uniqueidentifi...

Convert from Access DB to SQL DB....
Dear All,  I would like to convert from Access To SQL DB undervisual Studio.Net 2005... How can I do it easily, or if there any software to do this automaticlly, please your help..  Awaiting your valuable reply. Many thanks in advance for your cooperation and continuous support....Aح What version of MS Access are you using?Most of the Access versions like XP/2003 all have an upgrade wizard that allows you to convert your existing database to SQL Server.In Access 2003 I believe you can use the Upsizing Wizard which can be accessed from Tools -> Database Utilities -> Upsi...

New errors access MS SQL Server Database on (CREATE DATABASE and Batch SQL Statement)
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C2F2CB.0C201FF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running ActiveState perl 5.8.0 on a WIN2K box with MS SQL Server = 2000. Recently I updated DBD-ODBC to v1.05 and DBI to v1.35 Now I get the following errors executing some sql commands CREATE SQLSTMT:[CREATE DATABASE POMS_SER ON (NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_DAT', = FILENAME =3D 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_SER_Data.MDF', SIZE =3D 10MB) LOG ON = ( NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_LOG', FILENAME =3D = 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_S...

Migrate MS Access db to SQL Anywhere Server for Linux
Has anyone done this? I'm trying to migrate a microsoft access database over to the SQL Anywhere for Linux, but don't know where to start. I've installed the ASA server a linux machine, but need to know how migrate both the database structure and evetually migrate the data to the server. Please provide some details. Thanks, Fred Hsu fhsu@startpath.com I suggest you can use Power Designer to extract the structure, then apply it in the ASA. For the data use the access itself to move it (it is the easiest!) Gaspar Fred Hsu <fhsu@startpath.com> wrote in m...

Open SQL anywhere .db file with MS Access 2010.
Hi, Is it possible to open the Sybase SQL Anywhere .db file with MS Access? Thanks Aron No. But you can start the .DB with the SQL Anywhere personal server (dbengNN.exe, where NN is the version number)., and have MS Access retrieve the data from there. It's just an ODBC connection to an external data source to Access... Paul Horan[Sybase] http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com <Aron> wrote in message news:4d1102d9.7488.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, Is it possible to open the Sybase SQL Anywhere .db file > with MS Access? > > Thanks > Aron BH P...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

Convert SQL Server DB to Access DB
Hi, I'm trying to convert a SQL Server 2000 database into a Access database because my hosting provider does not support SQL Server. I have tried the DTS, however it can only convert the tables, not the stored procedures. So is it possible to convert the stored procedures as well? I'm looking forwards to your response Phan Nguyen Hello, I believe you need some third-party components to do so, check the links below: MSSQL-to-Access 1.0 MSSQL Migration Toolkit v1.0 All are shareware tools, yuo can download and use them as a trial version. Regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS,...

Converting Access database to the Sql Server database
how can I convert or transfer my Access database to SQl Server database ? Thanks in advance.HighOnCodingWanna get high! Try "the Upsizing wizard". Look in Access help...

migrate access database to sql anywhere database
I am having trouble migrating a Microsoft Access database to SQL Anywhere database. Has anyone done this? I would like to use this database in sql anywhere to utilize the native drivers. Thankyou in advance david You can use the pipeline to migrate all tables. If you have a tool like Powerdesigner, you can reverse engineer the database structure. BTW, SQLAnywhere uses ODBC. There are no native drivers. Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) David Bowles <davidb@goodnet.com> wrote in article <34738A77.2C758640@goodnet.com>... > I am having trouble migrating a Microsoft ...

COnverting SQL SERVER 2000 Database into Access database
Hi, How can I import SQL Database 2000 into Access database. I have created a SQl script file of my database. thanks, bye,HighOnCodingWanna get high! the SQL Script isn't that much use in this case - use DTS to export the DB from SQL to AccessRTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadableJason Brown - MVP, IIS whats the DTS can u explain me please ??HighOnCodingWanna get high! Data Transformation Services - the primary way of miporting and exporting data to and from SQL Server - I assume you've installed the SQL Server Client...

Can you convert access database data over to an SQL Database?
I would like to start using SQL, how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? Q.Xykal:how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? In Access, there is an upsizing/conversion tool you can run to create an equivalent SQL Server DB.Atlernatively you can also use SQL Server to import all the tables/data from Access.  This is very good news. Thank you....

upload image to MS Access database or SQL database
howto upload image, picture,files or binary into the MS Access database or SQL database? and how to read the image, picture, files or binary from the MS Access or SQL database? Anyone have any idea or sample script?Thanks & Regards--"Don't just always label good or bad about something, always have something is invisible from nude eyesight. " Below link could helps you for your question http://authors.aspalliance.com/das/insertimage.aspxSreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Thank You sreedhark This also http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/fileupload.a...

Web resources about - Converting SQL Anywhere db to MS Access - sybase.powerbuilder.database

PastBook’s Filepicker.io Integration Eases Process Of Converting Facebook Content To Books
PastBook , one of several companies that allow Facebook users to publish their content on the social network in actual books , announced the ...

Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store on iTunes
Get Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

"Occupier" Thanked Former Soviet Citizen for "Converting" Him to Capitalism, Pro-Israel, Pro-USA - YouTube ...
May Day Demonstration on Union Square in New York City Zionism & Birth of Modern Israel in 1948: Former Soviet Citizen Pays Tribute to Ben-Gurion ...