Connections in powerbuilder

Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time
against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or
more) connections?

regards
Kjell Brandes

0
Kjell

It depends on the database.  Some (e.g., Oracle) don't have a problem with
that.  Others (e.g., SQL Server) don't allow a select on a connection that
already has a result set pending.  In the latter case, you have to create
a second connection for the second cursor.

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:52:32 +0100,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database
Kjell Brandes <kjell.brandes@sem@con.se> wrote:
>Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time
>against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or
>more) connections?
>
>regards
>Kjell Brandes

Bruce

Cannot connect my database to Powerbuilder
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder. I am unable to run a Powerbuilder program with the database that I have specified in the 'Database Painter'. Could you please help me? I am able to see the tables in the painter but when I try and run the exe after building it, it does not seem to be pointing to that database. Regards, Anand Surendar You have to populate those same attributes on the SQLCA connection object and then issue a CONNECT statement within your application code. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:22 -0800 (PST), anand_icomm <anand09011982@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

connecting to database from powerbuilder
Hello, Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder other than transaction objects.. Thanks in advance Suby a powerbuilder application needs transaction objects to interact with any dbms. what functionality are you trying to build? sanjiv. <Suby> wrote in message news:42d4b61b.3c60.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder > other than transaction objects.. > Thanks in advance > Suby Hi The transaction object is the object to be used to connect to any database? What do you...

powerbuilder database connections
I receive this error message when I try to connect the dbclient. "unable to start, server not found" When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive these errors: unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL could not load interface for specified database Please help Stephane In article <TcVR68XL9GA.205@forums.powersoft.com>, viaust@rmoc.ca says... >> When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive >> these errors: >> unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL >> could not load interface for specified ...

powerbuilder database connections
When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following error messages: unable to start, server not found Could not load interface for specified database unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL Please help Stephane Stephane, The system can't find PBODB040.DLL. HTH, Carson ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com chager@dyn-data.com ******** Are You Ready for the Web ******** ...

PowerBuilder 10 Database connection
Hello, In my previouos topic I wrote: Hi, > > I have PB 10.5 and ORA 9.2 installed on Citrix MetaFrame > server. > > Even though when I open database profile and hit 'Test > Connection' button I get 'Connection Successful' message, > there is, in fact, no connection. No tables are visible, the > datawindows won't retrieve the data. I can, however, connect > to ORACLE DB using ORACLE SQLPlus. PBO90105.dll and > PBO10105.dll are in place... > > What am I missing? Well, the funny part is - the 'Connection Successfu...

powerbuilder 4 and database connections
When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following error messages: unable to start, server not found Could not load interface for specified database unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL Note: trying to access Watcom 4.0 database, and Access 97 database Please help Stephane In article <gsdG7#XL9GA.178@forums.powersoft.com>, viaust@rmoc.ca says... >> >> When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following >> error messages: >> >> Stephane, See my reply to your message in the otehr news...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

PowerBuilder 7.0 database connectivity
I am looking for a list of servers that PowerBuilder 7.0 supports. In particular, if PB7.0 supports Oracle 8-I. Also, if PB7 support SQLServer 7.0 and Oracle 8.1.5? Are there patches to support these databases? In the PB 7 evaluationCD, we only get SQLServer 6.5 and Oracle 8.0.5 maximum. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you. Michael Noche You would use the same drivers as you received with the eval; however, support for Oracle and Microsoft is somewhat rolling... that is as 8.1.6 is released for instance, the Oracle 8 driver in PowerBuilder is enhanced to work with t...

connecting powerbuilder application to internet database
Dear guys! I want to connect my powerbuilder application to an internet database, that means i need to place the database ( MS Access, MySql, or Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, just the database alone ) into our web space, or i want to access the website providers database via powerbuilder application from my internet connected PC. how can i establish the connection and how can i implement the software.. please help! thanks and regards, danny dannj@hotmail.com tharakans@hotmail.com ...

can powerbuilder connect to a MDB database?
can powerbuilder connect to a MicrosoftDB database? Hans Sure, You can connect to MS SQL Server using either the native DB driver, or through ODBC or OLEDB. I think (haven't tried it myself) MS access you can connect to using ODBC or OLEDB HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be "Hans" <hans@opschool.nl> schreef in bericht news:6F$UOR7CCHA.255@forums.sybase.com... > can powerbuilder connect to a MicrosoftDB database? > > Hans > > ...

can powerbuilder connect to a MDB database?
can powerbuilder connect to a MicrosoftDB database? Hans Sure, You can connect to MS SQL Server using either the native DB driver, or through ODBC or OLEDB. I think (haven't tried it myself) MS access you can connect to using ODBC or OLEDB HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be "Hans" <hans@opschool.nl> schreef in bericht news:6F$UOR7CCHA.255@forums.sybase.com... > can powerbuilder connect to a MicrosoftDB database? > > Hans > > ...

Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database
Hello I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me edit data in tables. Configuration is: // Profile access SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogId = "admin" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'" Why I can do this? Thank you. There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the table is not updateable. You can override this in the update ...

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

powerbuilder 8 or 9
hi all is there a native database driver for progress databases or how can i connect else? thanks for helping markus There isn't a PowerBuilder native driver for Progress. You will need to use an ODBC driver (or maybe a JDBC or OLEDB driver if Progress has one.) On 17 Jun 2004 04:27:27 -0700, markus wrote: >hi all >is there a native database driver for progress databases or >how can i connect else? >thanks for helping >markus ODBC (or JDBC or OLEDB if you find such drivers). On 17 Jun 2004 04:27:27 -0700, markus wrote: >hi all >is there a ...

Connecting to FoxPro database file from PowerBuilder V7
Hi, We have a PowerBuilder 7 application that needs to connect to a FoxPro database file. We have been able to connect with ODBC however it does not appear to use the indexes and is consequently very (very) slow. We have also tried OLE with no success. We have connected to the same db file from a dot net application and it's very fast. We think the problem is the ODBC driver not using the indexes so we are looking for anybody whose had success with this type of connection. Thanks, Norm Take a look at these threads: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft...

Is there a way to connect to ultralite databases from powerbuilder 10?
Is there a way to connect to ultralite databases from powerbuilder 10? Directly and without mobilink i mean. Maybe through the active x component of ultralite or a beta driver for pb 10 as an example. Is it going to be possible in later versions of powerbuilder? Chris ...

connecting powerbuilder application to internet database -- please help
I want to connect my powerbuilder application to an internet database, that means i need to place the database ( MS Access, MySql, or Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, just the database alone ) into our web space, or i want to access the website providers database via powerbuilder application from my internet connected PC. how can i establish the connection and how can i implement the software.. please help! for Example.. We got some webspace in a third party web space provider. We need to develop an application software with stock maintenance and price monitoring. We prefer to...

two informix server connect to powerbuilder database profile
Please give me some feedback as it is real urgent. Can I connect to 2 informix database but from the different INFORMIXSERVER ? I am using Powerbuilder 5.04 and Informix SetNet32. I got an error when doing so as the INFORMIXSERVER don't allow me connecting to another database from other INFORMIXSERVER. The error message that I got is "cannot connect to database server(server name)..." informix error code -930 --setnet32 enviroment setting(informix server) make default server = domeic_oltcp0 <-- powerbuillder database profile connect O.K another infor...

PowerBuilder 6.5 issues with an ODBC connection to a Database
PowerBuilder 6.5 Build 444 Windows XP ********** ALSO SEE ATTACHMENTS ************ I am working on the project that we talked about in April. We are hoping the client will be convinced to go to PowerBuilder 10.5, but at this moment I am stuck in the 6.5 world. We are using a new database by HP in which it is a Non Stop System. It is an ODBC connection (ver. 3) with the drivers developed by HP. It is SQL '9x compliant ( ANSI SQL:99 ). After connecting I get errors when trying to retrieve a datawindow. The first time when opening the Pre- View I get data because of the ...

Powerbuilder 7.0 and My SQL, MSDE database connection
Hi all Is it possible to connect My SQL database and Powerbuilder 7.0 Build 10312 application? If so what is the connection parameter? Also, Is it possible to connect MSDE Database and Powerbuilder 7.0 Build 10312 Application? If so what is the connection parameter for MSDE database? Is it any ODBC drivers need to be configured for the above said databases (My SQL and MSDE). Where could I get the ODBC drivers for My SQL database and MSDE database? also what is the installation procedure? Is there any special steps need to be followed to configure the My SQL or MSDE databases with the Powebuilder 7.0 Build 10312 application? TIA Rammurali Krishnan B Rammurali wrote: > Where could I get the ODBC drivers for My SQL database http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/3.51.html Dmitri. to connect to the MSSQL MSDE...use OLE DB as this is the supported database interface from MS. The connection parameter is the same as connecting to MS SQL Server. Here is a sample connection...that used SQL Authenication // Profile EDIS_OLE SQLCA.LogId = <username> SQLCA.LogPass = <password> SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.Lock = "RU" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='SQLOLEDB', DATASOURCE='" + ls_datasource + "', Initial Catalog='" + ls_database + "', PBCatalogOwner='dbo', DateTimeFormat=''\'yyyy-mm-dd hh...

Web resources about - Connections in powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles