Connecting to MS SQL 6.5 through PB 5.0.02

I have set up a MS SQL ODBC connection in ODBC Administrator that has
the server name and database name set, the rest is all default.  In PB I
make a new database profile called 'MS SQL' and set DBMS to 'ODBC'.  In
the 'Select Data Source' window that comes up I select the ODBC
connection I just made on the 'Machine Data Source' tabpage.  When I
press OK to connect, PB crashes.

I am running Win NT Server 4.0 and it has the MS SQL database, client
software and PB installed on it.  What am I doing wrong?

I've tried all sorts of things like setting the Server in the ODBC
connection to '(local)' and filling in all the options in the database
profile in PB and nothing helps.  I've even tried to use other
applications (ex. PowerDesigner 6.1) to use the ODBC connection but they
all crash too.

0
Scott

Try setting 'App=' in your PowerBuilder ConnectString - in PB 6.0, you'd put
App= in the Driver Specific Parameters edit box on the Connection Tab of the
profile.  You don't have to assign it a value, just include the tag.

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support
joneil@sybase.com

Scott Bray wrote:

> I have set up a MS SQL ODBC connection in ODBC Administrator that has
> the server name and database name set, the rest is all default.  In PB I
> make a new database profile called 'MS SQL' and set DBMS to 'ODBC'.  In
> the 'Select Data Source' window that comes up I select the ODBC
> connection I just made on the 'Machine Data Source' tabpage.  When I
> press OK to connect, PB crashes.
>
> I am running Win NT Server 4.0 and it has the MS SQL database, client
> software and PB installed on it.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> I've tried all sorts of things like setting the Server in the ODBC
> connection to '(local)' and filling in all the options in the database
> profile in PB and nothing helps.  I've even tried to use other
> applications (ex. PowerDesigner 6.1) to use the ODBC connection but they
> all crash too.

0
Jim

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 6.5 Apps Connection to MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

MS SQL 6.5 Unable to connect to database PB 7.0 Enterprise
I am having an intermittent problem when many users attempt to run my PowerBuilder application written in PowerBuilder 7.0 Enterprise running on Windows 98 workstations accessing a MS SQL 6.5 database. The connection to the database is through the Powerbuilder native driver interface (PBMSS70.DLL). When the number of users reach a certain point and a new user attempts to run the program, the user is presented the ODBC Data Sources program. (The one the can be accessed through the Control Panel.) When the user exits the Data Sources program, PowerBuilder issues an error message: ...

PB 5.0 cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

PB 5.0 (16 bit) cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5
I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL. Regards Chris Wilson chris.wilson@entex.com In article <35411705.278D@entex.com>, chris.wilson@entex.com says... > I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are > any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL > The latest PBMSS050.DLL driver is the one in the 5.0.04 maintenance release. I don't believe there is a new driver specific for 6.5. WHat version of PB are you using? -- ...

PB 5.0.01 and MS SQL 6.5, slow
I have a program developed in PB 5.0.01 connected to a MS SQL 6.5 databse, i have problems using cursors, i lost some information when i used, using in the DBParm the parameters CursorScroll an CursorLock solve the problem but the time of response is very slow. Have some one of you had the same problem or already worked with those parameters, Thanks in advance. This only onccurs with MS SQL Server , with Sybase, Oracle doesn't. ...

PB 5.0.01 and MS SQL 6.5 , SLOW
I have a program developed in PB 5.0.01 connected to a MS SQL 6.5 databse, i have problems using cursors, i lost some information when i used, using in the DBParm the parameters CursorScroll an CursorLock solve the problem but the time of response is very slow. Have some one of you had the same problem or already worked with those parameters, Thanks in advance. This only onccurs with MS SQL Server , with Sybase, Oracle doesn't. ...

PB 6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.0 connection failed.
Hello, I have a problem of PB6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.0 ( which is buddled with PB 6.0). I wrote an applications with PB6.5 and created the database in SQL Anywhere 5.0. It works in my PC normally. However I cannot install the user's PC because the application cannot connect with the database though ODBC. I have setup the ODBC configuration with 32-bit ODBC administrator with is in Control Panel. And the setting is the same as the PC for development. I also installed the PB runtime files and another SQL anywhere stand alone server to user's PC. The user's PC is instal...

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5
Hi, I tried to miograte our applications to PB6.5, all it's riht. In developpement mode, all it's ok. I do the excutable OK. I launch it : ERROR, call settrans object ....Datawindow information, not available !! I recompile the exe with trace mode and a lot of messages boxes to see if the SQLCA transaction, it's ok. I launch, transaction it's ok, I get the error message, the trace file is empty !!! What 's wrong doctor ? Could you give me some help ? fred Have you dynamically assigned the datawindow object - e.g., dw_1.DataObject='d_mydat...

PowerBuilder 5.0.01 and MS SQL 6.5 Slowest than ever
I have a program developed in PB 5.0.01 connected to a MS SQL 6.5 databse, i have problems using cursors, i lost some information when i used, using in the DBParm the parameters CursorScroll an CursorLock solve the problem but the time of response is very slow. Have some one of you had the same problem or already worked with those parameters, Thanks in advance. This only onccurs with MS SQL Server , with Sybase, Oracle doesn't. ...

Help me!!! PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a
After I upgraded my MS SQL Server 6.5 with SP 5a, I found that I couldn't get the query results of database in powerbuilder 5.0. And when I used Database Pointer of PB5.0 to query table, PB 5.0 give a message "XX's data type is not support." and nothing be retrieved. sander_han@hotmail.com This is being addressed in PB 5.0.04, BECAUSE MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5 is required for Y2K. A fix is not publically available yet, but I believe it is imminent. Jim O'Neil Sybase Technical Support joneil@sybase.com A-B-C wrote: > After I upgraded my MS...

MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.x
Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table ? The help says that it is not necessary, but PB gives me an error msg ("Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use.") when trying to connect to a db. Scott...... The first person to connect to the database through PB must have dbo or a subset of dbo privileges or PB won't be able to create the catalog tables. Mickey pottsgf@swbell.net >Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table >? The help says that it is not necessary, but PB...

Web resources about - Connecting to MS SQL 6.5 through PB 5.0.02 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...