connecting to firebird / interbase

We want to connect PB5 / PB7 thru the FB ODBC driver (ibphoenix)

although we connect but no data is retrieved
not even when we go to database admin mode and
do a e.g.
  select * from country (on the default employee database)

has anybody been successful with connecting PB to FB
on the ibphoenix / firebird driver

the intersolv driver seems to work ok but is not updated
---
  Sanjay Minni                               sminni_news@minisoftindia.com
  Minisoft Private Limited, India     http://www.minisoftindia.com
  Business Intelligence Softwares for Industries
---

0
Sanjay

the ibphoenix odbc is very buggy. try easysoft or gemini.
I have not fully tested on the just release interclient on JDBC but u may
give it a try. U need PB8 and JRE1.3 to connect.

Sam

"Sanjay Minni" <sminni_news@mantraonline.com> wrote in message
> We want to connect PB5 / PB7 thru the FB ODBC driver (ibphoenix)
>
> although we connect but no data is retrieved
> not even when we go to database admin mode and
> do a e.g.
>   select * from country (on the default employee database)
>
> has anybody been successful with connecting PB to FB
> on the ibphoenix / firebird driver
>
> the intersolv driver seems to work ok but is not updated
> ---
>   Sanjay Minni                               sminni_news@minisoftindia.com
>   Minisoft Private Limited, India     http://www.minisoftindia.com
>   Business Intelligence Softwares for Industries
> ---

0
Sam

getting a database connection in asp.net with a firebird/interbase Database
hello. is there some one wo can help me. i am using a firebird/interbase database. and now ik would like to now. what is the code for connecting to that database. i have this code. but i think it's not good. any one wo can help me.!? after opening the page i get the error :: Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'Firebird.fbConnection' is not defined. <%@ Import Namespace="System.data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="FirebirdSql.Data.firebird" %> <script Language="VB" runat="server"> sub Page_Load(obj as object,...

Interbase Database Connectivity
Hi, I want to connect to the Interbase database using the JDBC driver. Can anybody suggest how can i achieve this connectivity. Regards Saurabh Kachru -- skachru ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 10/24/2008 12:46 AM, skachru wrote: > Hi, > > I want to connect to the Interbase database using the JDBC driver. Can > anybody suggest how can i achieve this connectivity. > > Regards > Saurabh Kachru > > A good place to start is with the JDBC driver documentation: http://www.novell.com/...

powerbuilder database connections
I receive this error message when I try to connect the dbclient. "unable to start, server not found" When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive these errors: unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL could not load interface for specified database Please help Stephane In article <TcVR68XL9GA.205@forums.powersoft.com>, viaust@rmoc.ca says... >> When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive >> these errors: >> unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL >> could not load interface for specified ...

connecting to database from powerbuilder
Hello, Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder other than transaction objects.. Thanks in advance Suby a powerbuilder application needs transaction objects to interact with any dbms. what functionality are you trying to build? sanjiv. <Suby> wrote in message news:42d4b61b.3c60.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder > other than transaction objects.. > Thanks in advance > Suby Hi The transaction object is the object to be used to connect to any database? What do you...

Powerbuilder and Firebird Database
Hi all, I have problems connecting to a Firebird database. This is that PB does not give me in development mode's datbase painter the ability to add primary or foreign keys when altering/creating database tables. (right klick in desing mode) does anyone know the problem? I think it is related to the missing section for firebird in the poodb??.ini file in the shared folder. Does anyone know the entries for the file to make the devmode working fine with firebird? when I create a table beeing connected to a Firebird database via ISQL- painter it works to create the table but la...

Cannot connect my database to Powerbuilder
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder. I am unable to run a Powerbuilder program with the database that I have specified in the 'Database Painter'. Could you please help me? I am able to see the tables in the painter but when I try and run the exe after building it, it does not seem to be pointing to that database. Regards, Anand Surendar You have to populate those same attributes on the SQLCA connection object and then issue a CONNECT statement within your application code. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:22 -0800 (PST), anand_icomm <anand09011982@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

powerbuilder database connections
When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following error messages: unable to start, server not found Could not load interface for specified database unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL Please help Stephane Stephane, The system can't find PBODB040.DLL. HTH, Carson ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com chager@dyn-data.com ******** Are You Ready for the Web ******** ...

[InterBase] How connect by InterBase?
I want to connect to InterBase(DB) with PowerBuilder 6.5 .. Is that possible? but How connect ? If you have PB Desktop, you can't. Else, all you need is an ODBC driver. Using google I quickly located one: http://www.geocities.com/ibdatabase/index.html -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "Yun Ji Nam" <yunji.nam@technopia.net> wrote in message news:qBqt0TaIBHA.252@forums.sybase.com... > I want to connec...

How can I change my connection to a different database...it is not connecting to the database I created.
My data is connected to the ASPNETDB.MDF database. Is this a must that I have it connected to this database or can I have it connected to a database that I created. You can connect to different database such as sql or other access files. All you have to do is to define which connection string to use within your web.config file. If you want to make sure that your database is prepared to be used, use features such as ASPNET_REGSQL.EXE at VS Command Prompt. Hope this helps. Jae.jae.lee@jaeleeandco.com I'm in the Army...here in Georgia. Is it cold there.. Hi Jae,    &nb...

Interbase / Firebird Connection String
Hi All,I primarily work with SQL server.  I have been trying to work on a current project with Interbase / Firebird DB but am having problems.I have googled and searched forums but still have been unable to get a connection to the db.  I am using Version 1.5Could you please provide me an example of connection to the database and running "SELECT TOP 1 [mytest] FROM FIREBIRDDB"Label1.Text = mytest value I program in VB but can convert. Thankyou for any assistance. http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=firebird Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

JDBC InterBase Database connectivity
Using JDBC driver , i am connecting to Interbase Database while JDBC Driver only provides the database option as DB2 , Informix , Sybase , Microsoft SQL , MYSQL , Oracle PostgreSQL . I have read that we can connect to new database where i have to configure some descriptor files ( Third-party JDBC driver , Third-party JDBC driver import, Database ,Database import) and prepare the new jar for these custom descriptor files and place this jar . Please try to provide some idea for new database connectivity which is not configured in current jdbc driver. -- karora001 --------...

PowerBuilder 10 Database connection
Hello, In my previouos topic I wrote: Hi, > > I have PB 10.5 and ORA 9.2 installed on Citrix MetaFrame > server. > > Even though when I open database profile and hit 'Test > Connection' button I get 'Connection Successful' message, > there is, in fact, no connection. No tables are visible, the > datawindows won't retrieve the data. I can, however, connect > to ORACLE DB using ORACLE SQLPlus. PBO90105.dll and > PBO10105.dll are in place... > > What am I missing? Well, the funny part is - the 'Connection Successfu...

Web resources about - connecting to firebird / interbase - sybase.powerbuilder.database

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...