Calling a MS-SQL-Server 6.5 StoredProcedure from PowerBuilder 6.0

Does anyone know if there is a difference from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0 in the
native MSS SQL-Server driver by calling StoredProcedures with OUTPUT
arguments.

I do have the following problem:

- I've got a StoredProcedures with a char, varchar(50) or even with a
datetime OUTPUT argument.
- In PowerBuilder I do:

  DECLARE sp_test PROCEDURE FOR schsp_test_char
         @psReturn = :sReturn OUTPUT
  USING SQLCA;
  EXECUTE sp_test;
  FETCH sp_test into :sReturn;
  CLOSE sp_test;

- If I execute this statement I get the following error:
  Implicit conversion from datatype 'varchar' to 'int' is not allowed.
Use the CONVERT function to run this query.

Everything is ok in PowerBuilder 5.0. It's even ok with a integer
OUTPUT.
.... and it's even OK in PowerBuilder 6.0 if I connect with a dbo-USER!

Any help?

Cheers,
D. Theiler, Softec AG

0
Daniel

I believe this may be an issue with PB 6.0 that is being viewed as a
regression.  Our internal tracking number is 490429.

Jim O'Neil
joneil@sybase.com

Daniel Theiler wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a difference from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0 in the
> native MSS SQL-Server driver by calling StoredProcedures with OUTPUT
> arguments.
>
> I do have the following problem:
>
> - I've got a StoredProcedures with a char, varchar(50) or even with a
> datetime OUTPUT argument.
> - In PowerBuilder I do:
>
>   DECLARE sp_test PROCEDURE FOR schsp_test_char
>          @psReturn = :sReturn OUTPUT
>   USING SQLCA;
>   EXECUTE sp_test;
>   FETCH sp_test into :sReturn;
>   CLOSE sp_test;
>
> - If I execute this statement I get the following error:
>   Implicit conversion from datatype 'varchar' to 'int' is not allowed.
> Use the CONVERT function to run this query.
>
> Everything is ok in PowerBuilder 5.0. It's even ok with a integer
> OUTPUT.
> ... and it's even OK in PowerBuilder 6.0 if I connect with a dbo-USER!
>
> Any help?
>
> Cheers,
> D. Theiler, Softec AG

0
Jim

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

How do i upgrade PowerBuilder 5.0's native driver for MS SQL Server 6.5?
If you have the 5.0.04 patches, you have the latest stuff that I know of. Tech Support might have something as a private EBF, but you would have to contact them directly to determine that. Are you having a particular problem with the drivers you have now? On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:38:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database A-B-C <a-b-c@163.net> wrote: > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com | http://www.romac-sou...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

PowerBuilder 4.0.3 & MS SQL server 6.5
From Enrique Rosales, Unisys Uruguay. Please, I need to know if is it compatible PowerBuilder 4.0.03 with Microsoft SQL Server 6.5? Thanks for your help. email: enriquerosales@unn.unisys.com >Please, I need to know if is it compatible PowerBuilder 4.0.03 with >Microsoft SQL Server 6.5? >Thanks for your help. > With the native drivers, I don't believe so. PB4.03 was compatible with MS SQL 6.0 with native drivers. When 6.5 came out, there were problems that were not fixed until I believe 4.07 (check with PS support to be sure about the release). Larry Cerm...

SQL 6.5 + PowerBuilder 6.0
Hi, I would like to know if there will be performance (or other) problems if I run the SQL server with client written by PowerBuilder on a machine using NT4 server. Will it be stable enough or I must have the client and server separate. Thanks for your help. Hello, MK... Based on my experience, this is what we are having in some production environments in our company. In one example, we are having a user who has a PowerBuilder 6.0 client application with a SQL Server together on a single machine, with NT 4 Workstation installed. If the machine is having 64 MB, there is no p...

PowerBuilder 6.5.1; MS SQL Server 7.0; ODBC; Text Column
PowerBuilder 6.5.1 ODBC MS SQL Server 7.0 Text Column I can't seem to insert a String with a length of 66,000 char to a Text Column. I get a to big (999) error I've change this in the pbodb60.ini PBMaxTextSize='2147483647' and I've added DBTextLimit='100000' to my SQLCA.DBParm Any Ideas? Best Regards, Adri�n Galv�n Adrian, Do you have this problem if you use the UpdateBlob statement as well, or just with Insert ? Sanjiv. "Adrian Galvan" <Nospam_agalvan@audisys.com> wrote in message news:40896004$1@forums-1-d...

PowerBuilder 5.0.01 and MS SQL 6.5 Slowest than ever
I have a program developed in PB 5.0.01 connected to a MS SQL 6.5 databse, i have problems using cursors, i lost some information when i used, using in the DBParm the parameters CursorScroll an CursorLock solve the problem but the time of response is very slow. Have some one of you had the same problem or already worked with those parameters, Thanks in advance. This only onccurs with MS SQL Server , with Sybase, Oracle doesn't. ...

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

Outer Joins, ANSI syntax and MS SQL Server 6.0, 6.5, 7.0 Beta
Hi We would like to make our powerbuilder program avaible on multible DB platforms, but one big problem is OUTER JOINS ! We started on Oracle, no problems. // Oracle 7.3.4 SELECT * FROM TABLE1, TABLE2, TABLE3 WHERE ( TABLE1.NUMMER_N06 = TABLE3.NUMMER_N06 (+)) and ( TABLE3.NUMMER_I = TABLE2.NUMMER_I (+)) ; Then , for the smaller companies, we tried SQL AnyWhere 5.0, no problems. // Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5 SELECT * FROM {oj {oj TABLE1 LEFT OUTER JOIN TABLE3 ON TABLE1.NUMMER_N06 = TABLE3.NUMMER_N06} LEFT OUTER JOIN...

PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?
Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0/6.5? Did you run into any major problems? ANY upgrade advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated. Should I just wait for 7.0? What's the latest on its release? Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com. Thanks in advance, Ellen (The last living person not using PFC. IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!) Ellen, Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help. Rey Bango Team Powersoft.....

PowerBuilder 6.5 and Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0.2
I have installed ASA 6 recently and trying to upgrade my SQL Anywhere 5.5.3 database to this new version. My existing run well on this new version of database, but I am having trouble using PowerBuilder with the new database. I don't seems to be able to view the tables in the database correctly. All I get is the table with column, but the primary key, index doesn't show. The name of the object had become all in lower case, while my original object name are in mix case. I have no problems with SQL Anywhere 5.5.3 ...

Web resources about - Calling a MS-SQL-Server 6.5 StoredProcedure from PowerBuilder 6.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Calling an Oracle stored procedure with a Table parameter with Spring’s StoredProcedure class
I don’t normally do this sort of thing, but this took my colleague Tony Lawrence and me a while to figure out and we didn’t find a good explanation ...

C# dotnet SQL Editor (webform side)
Every time I need to develop a small business application I always try to choose the fastest and simplest way to implement it. This is why I ...

Specifying the timeout for SSIS 2012 package execution
This is a follow up to my post from last year about executing packages in the SSIS catalog programmatically. The main problem that makes it unworkable ...

Latest Updates
Latest Updates - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 15 Feb 2013

The Parable of The Road Line Painter
-*+Way back in the day when lines were first being painted on roads. The early lines were painted by hand. In those days, a painter was hired ...

Clones of dapper-dot-net - dapper-dot-net - Simple SQL object mapper for ADO.NET - Google Project Hosting ...
My favorites ▼ - Sign in dapper-dot-net Simple SQL object mapper for ADO.NET Project Home Downloads Wiki Issues Source Repository: default wiki ...

P of EAA: Record Set
In the last twenty years, the dominant way to represent data ina database has been the tabular relational form. Backed by databasecompanies big ...

Login - Pastebin.com
USE [kn_online]GO/****** Object: StoredProcedure [dbo].[ACCOUNT_LOGIN] Script Date: 01/13/2014 21:46:43 ******/SET ANSI_NULLS ONGOSET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ...

NuGet Gallery - NPoco.StoredProcedures 1.0.5224.36605
Basic class for querying stored procedures

ZEMENTIS - Universal PMML Plug-in™
Universal PMML for In-database scoring