[InterBase] How connect by InterBase?

I want to connect to InterBase(DB) with PowerBuilder 6.5 ..

Is that possible?

but How connect ?

0
Yun

If you have PB Desktop, you can't.  Else, all you need is an ODBC driver.
Using google I quickly located one:
http://www.geocities.com/ibdatabase/index.html

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"Yun Ji Nam" <yunji.nam@technopia.net> wrote in message
> I want to connect to InterBase(DB) with PowerBuilder 6.5 ..
>
> Is that possible?
>
> but How connect ?

0
Terry

Interbase Database Connectivity
Hi, I want to connect to the Interbase database using the JDBC driver. Can anybody suggest how can i achieve this connectivity. Regards Saurabh Kachru -- skachru ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 10/24/2008 12:46 AM, skachru wrote: > Hi, > > I want to connect to the Interbase database using the JDBC driver. Can > anybody suggest how can i achieve this connectivity. > > Regards > Saurabh Kachru > > A good place to start is with the JDBC driver documentation: http://www.novell.com/...

getting a database connection in asp.net with a firebird/interbase Database
hello. is there some one wo can help me. i am using a firebird/interbase database. and now ik would like to now. what is the code for connecting to that database. i have this code. but i think it's not good. any one wo can help me.!? after opening the page i get the error :: Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'Firebird.fbConnection' is not defined. <%@ Import Namespace="System.data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="FirebirdSql.Data.firebird" %> <script Language="VB" runat="server"> sub Page_Load(obj as object,...

JDBC InterBase Database connectivity
Using JDBC driver , i am connecting to Interbase Database while JDBC Driver only provides the database option as DB2 , Informix , Sybase , Microsoft SQL , MYSQL , Oracle PostgreSQL . I have read that we can connect to new database where i have to configure some descriptor files ( Third-party JDBC driver , Third-party JDBC driver import, Database ,Database import) and prepare the new jar for these custom descriptor files and place this jar . Please try to provide some idea for new database connectivity which is not configured in current jdbc driver. -- karora001 --------...

[connect error] Interbase Connect Error
In ODBC connect test is successfully.. but in PowerBuilder 6.5 Database Profiles is displayed error message.. Error Message is SQLSTATE = 40001 [Easysoft][Interbase]Dynamic SQL Error, SQL error code = -91, feature is not supported What means this message? Now I use PowerBuilder 6.5 & Interbase 5.6... Just I choose - Profile Name - Data Source --> This is ODBC DNS..(user DNS) - User ID - Password Does it need more? ...

Connecting to InterBase
Hi, I need to open an Interbase database and generate a report from that database using PB. I can't generate database connectivity when I tried to. I used ODBC administrator to generate User DSN and generate a new database profile in PowerBuilder - Database connectivity window, but I didn't see any specific driver for interbase. When I try to generate a new user DSN using PB Intersolv 2.00 ODBC - OLE DB Adapter Driver or PB InterSolv OEM 3.11 32Bit SQLBase, I always got this error message : The setup routines for the PB INTERSOLV 2.00 ODBC-OLE DB Adapter Driver ODB...

Interbase XE3 and Interbase XE
On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? Thank yow. Roberto Colpani wrote: > On Embarcadero online shop I see there is the *Interbase XE3 server* and the *Interbase XE server*. What's the difference? Maybe one is 64 bit and the other 32 bit? > Thank yow. XE3 is the latest version, XE is the version before it. Both come in both 32 and 64 bit. -- Jeff Overcash (TeamB) (Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You) And so I ...

Connections to Interbase
Is there a log or a way to check (maybe a if there are any connections to a database? e.g. someone has a ODBC connection to an .IB Would this SQL be appropriate? select * from tmp$attachments "Thomas Greenway" wrote in message news:621252@forums.embarcadero.com... > Is there a log or a way to check (maybe a if there are any connections to > a database? > e.g. someone has a ODBC connection to an .IB > > Would this SQL be appropriate? > > select * from tmp$attachments That won't tell you if it is an ODBC attachment specifically, only that ...

DBD::Interbase and Interbase Events
Hi all I am trying to implement Interbase synchronous events. From the little documentation that there is on the DBD::Interbase implimentation of IB events I have seen that it is very similar to Delphi. (1) Register your interest and obtain a ref to an event handle. (2) Call ib_wait_event to wait for a synchronous event fired from the database. The problem I am having is when I call $dbh->func($evh, 'ib_wait_event'); it is not waiting and continues through the script. Am I missing something important or is there problems with DBD::Interbase-0.43 and events Regar...

Connecting PB 6.5 to Interbase, MySQL and/or PostgreSQL databases
Hopefully this is not a stupid question, but how does one connect to the above databases in PowerBuilder - are there some extra drivers that I need to install? If so where do I get them? Thanks, Stuart These would all be ODBC connections, so all you need is an ODBC driver , create a data source, and then connect just as you would to SQL Anywhere. On Tue, 5 Sep 2000 13:16:22 -0400, stuart.mann@za.eds.com wrote: >Hopefully this is not a stupid question, but how does one connect to the >above databases in PowerBuilder - are there some extra drivers that I need >to i...

Interbase connectivity
Does anyone know if powerbuilder 7.0 have a direct connection to Interbase 5.5? thanks. Daniel wrote: > Does anyone know if powerbuilder 7.0 have a direct connection to Interbase > 5.5? thanks. ODBC only, assuming you're providing an ODBC driver. -- Jim O'Neil Senior Technical Support Engineer Sybase, Inc ...

Connecting PB 6.5 to Interbase, MySQL and/or PostgreSQL databases #2
Hopefully this is not a stupid question, but how does one connect to the above databases in PowerBuilder - are there some extra drivers that I need to install? If so where do I get them? Thanks, Stuart As long as you have an ODBC driver for them, you should use that to connect to them. On Tue, 5 Sep 2000 12:56:26 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database <stuart.mann@za.eds.com> wrote: >Hopefully this is not a stupid question, but how does one connect to the >above databases in PowerBuilder - are there some extra drivers that I need >to install? If...

Interbase server name in Interbase XE
I am trying in code to get connected to Interbase XE. To do so , I used to the following in C++ Builder XE : //User creation in Interbase myIBSecurity->ServerName = "Local Server"; myIBSecurity->LoginPrompt = false; myIBSecurity->Params->Add("User_Name=JBOIVIN"); myIBSecurity->Params->Add("password=JBOIVIN"); myIBSecurity->Active = true; where myIBSecurity is an instance of TIBSecurityService. This code is giving me an error message, it cannot find the server name "Local Server". In Interba...

Interbase 2007 and Interbase 2007 SMP
What's the difference between this two products? Roberto Colpani wrote: > What's the difference between this two products? Licensing. Originally IB required an add-on license for > 1 processor. I think the SMP version included 4 processor support. I can't seem to confirm this, though; IB 2009 SMP says it enables 8 processors out of the box. So it's either 4 or 8. Additional processor support is available for an extra charge. -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Web resources about - [InterBase] How connect by InterBase? - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Multiversion concurrency control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For instance, a database will implement updates not by deleting an old piece of data and overwriting it with a new one, but instead by marking ...

Open core is not open source
Julie Bort of Networkworld.com has an interview with Mårten Mickos of Eucalyptus , formerly of MySQL. In MySQL times it seemed (to me at least) ...

Almico's Home Page
... my interests and soon. I use to program using Delphi. Anyway: several projects of mine are developedunder Linux using PHP, PostgreSQL, Interbase ...

Sun balances acquisition, innovation
Sun Microsystems tries to make clear at its two-day annual analyst conference that innovation paysyet much of the company's biggest plans today ...

Free Trials - Embarcadero Technologies

Phillipe Kahn
Phillipe Kahn

license-discuss@opensource.org: Threads for May 2005
... May 2005 [2] unsubscribe me [3] Open Software License [3] unsubscribe me please [7] Re: License Wizard [5] For thoughts: fair license [1] InterBase ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

DB-Engines Ranking - popularity ranking of database management systems
English Deutsch Knowledge Base of Relational and NoSQL Database Management Systems provided by solid IT Home - DB-Engines Ranking - Systems - ...

DBF Commander Version History
History of DBF Commander - new DBF tools, DBF editor improvements, and bug fixes