W2K, ASE 11.9.2, PB 6.5 and PB 7.0 Database Painter

My application runs fine in compilted and debug using Powerbuilder 6.5 and
7.0, but I get all kinds of errors when trying to use the Database Painter
in both versions.

We just did a mass migration from Win NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 with the
latest versions of Sybase drivers, Powerbuilder and Windows 200 patches.

When selecting a table from the table catalog list I get..

ct_param(): user api layer: external error: An illegal value of 256 was
placed in the status field of the of CS_DATAFMT structure.

When running any type of SELECT statement from the Database Adminstrator I
get..

ct_options(): user api layer: external error: An illegal value of 5014
given for parameter option. Continue?

I suspect this is a problem with my Sybase Driver and Powerbuilder Native
Sybase DLL because it happens in both PB6.5 and PB7.0.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to track down what the incompatibility
might be and would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks..

David.Lee@BarclaysGlobal.com

0
David_Lee

Error connecting ASE 11.9.2 databases through PB 7.0 and IM 7.0
Hi, I receive this error message every time I try to list tables of ASE database through PB 7.0 and IM 7.0. "Store Procedure sp_pb70table not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output)" I could not find that store procedure in the existing store procedure in the Adaptive server Sybsystemprocs database too. According to your instalation manual book, I can re-create them by running the pbsys.sql scripts, which I supposed to find it in the \sybtools directory. But I don't have that directory ...

SQLRemote Problem with 7.0.2-1 and 6.0.2-1 on Linux [ASE 11.9.2-3 and ASE 12.5 eval]
Hi all I got the following problems using sql-remote. on ASE 12.5 eval: I got the following RPMs installed on RedHat Linux 7.2 - Kernel 2.4.17 - glibc-2.2.4 sybase-ase-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-common-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-openclient-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-sqlremote-7.0.2-1.i386.rpm After the execution of ssxtract or ssremote I got an error like: ../ssxtract: /opt/sybase-12.5/SQLRemote/lib/libsstasks7_r.so: version `libdbtasks7_r.so' not found (required by ./ssxtract) The file libsstasks7_r.so exists and the path is correctly specified in /etc/ld.so.conf. There'...

PB 7.0.2.8011 Problem to connect to ASE 11.9.2
Having PB 7.0.2.8011 installed in a Windows 2000 environment I cannot connect to a remote ASE 11.9.2 (on windows NT 4 SP6). PowerBuilder just drops me out!!! Please Help! Thanks! ...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

Problem with connecting to ASE 11.9.2 demo from PB 6.0
Hi ! I've installed ASE 11.9.2 demo on Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 3) and Open Client Library on Windows 95 workstations. I've encountered some problems while connecting from our PB 6.0 application (same in develepment environment and EXE) to ASE. My application use few transactions. First transaction, running at isolation level 1, is always opened (connected when starting application, and disconnected when closing). I have no problems with this connection. But... When application is connecting using another transaction (isolation level 1 or 3), it can connects only on...

Connectivity Problem with PB 6.5 or PB 7.0 and Informix Dynamic Server 2000 9.21
I have problems from Power Builder 6.5 and Power Builder 7.0 when I connect from development environment. I wish connect to Informix Dynamic Server 2000 9.21 on Windows NT. I have this problem with Native Driver "IN7 I-Net v7.x" and "IN7 I-Net v9.x" The database painter show me the owner of table wrong! This problem was correct in any other release? Thanks Alejandro Del´┐Ż pd: I can do it with Informix-Cli or early Version! but not with INFORMIX-CLI of IDS.200 !!! Do you have the correct version of the DB drivers? Just thought I'd ask in ...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

Connecting from ASE 11.9.2 to MS SQL Server 6.5/7.0
Hello, How can I get an ASE server to access data on an MS SQL Server (v6.5)? Can ASE reliably execute an rpc call on MS SQL Server or do I have to use something like Component Integration Services? Thanks, Martin V. I believe you need DirectConnect for MS-SQL along with CIS. Try posting this one over in sybase.public.gateways also to verify. Or maybe Gordon will poke his head in here and see this one.... mvirta@olgc.on.ca wrote: > Hello, > > How can I get an ASE server to access data on an MS SQL Server (v6.5)? > > Can ASE reliably execute a...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

Migrating from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0 #2
After migrating our PB 6.5 application to PB 9.0 it showed up warnings for GetSQLPreview function. Is it safe to leave this as it is? Since they are quite a lot. Will it cause any problems? Thanks, Rahul The help file in PB8 states: Obsolete method GetSQLPreview is obsolete and will be discontinued in the near future. You should replace all references to GetSQLPreview as soon as possible. The SQL syntax is available as an argument in the DBError and SQLPreview events. That means that Sybase has warned you that the function won't be around forever. You're going to ...

Web resources about - W2K, ASE 11.9.2, PB 6.5 and PB 7.0 Database Painter - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
... security breach by posts on reddit. Cybersecurity firm REN-ISAC had apparently contacted several university IT departments about a database ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...