Using sockets with Powerbuilder

I need to do a socket application to communicate with other
application. How can I do this with Powerbuilder 10

Thanks for your support
0
David

David Ochoa wrote:
> I need to do a socket application to communicate with other
> application. How can I do this with Powerbuilder 10
>
> Thanks for your support

Try

http://www.dart.com/downloads/

a.
0
Adam
4/28/2006 5:12:33 AM
Try the Winsock example in the free code section of
http://www.topwizprogramming.com/

<David Ochoa> wrote in message news:445156ff.2ed6.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I need to do a socket application to communicate with other
> application. How can I do this with Powerbuilder 10
>
> Thanks for your support

0
Jay
5/1/2006 3:34:47 PM
We actually use a combination of both of the options mentioned above (Dart -
TCP Control/Daemon Control and the Winsock tool from Topwizprogramming).
You didn't mention exactly what you were trying to do, but the Dart Daemon
control can be used as a "listener" on a particular port, and the Winsock
tool is very useful for sending data to that port.

KR
<David Ochoa> wrote in message news:445156ff.2ed6.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I need to do a socket application to communicate with other
> application. How can I do this with Powerbuilder 10
>
> Thanks for your support

0
KR
5/3/2006 2:38:47 PM
It's not that difficult to create a socket server and client app(s) in PB9
using Winsock API calls documented in MSDN. You may need a month of spare
time to reinvent the wheel. The call sequence of
socket()/bind()/listen()/WSAAsyncSelect() will give you a server listening
client requests, and a client uses socket()/connect()/WSAAyncSelect() to
start an async session with the server...

<David Ochoa> wrote in message news:445156ff.2ed6.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I need to do a socket application to communicate with other
> application. How can I do this with Powerbuilder 10
>
> Thanks for your support

0
mason

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache #2
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Powerbuilder components use only one connection of 50 conn connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. Please see you original post. Tony wrote: > We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connec...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. ...

connect using openclient in powerbuilder?
what do I to connect ? i only start ASA server , but I don't know how to connect asa server with openclient. I don't connect the server in Powerbuiler. I create a db profile item : // Profile ASA SQLCA.DBMS = "SYC Sybase System 10/11" SQLCA.Database = "" SQLCA.LogPass = "***" SQLCA.ServerName = "ASA" SQLCA.LogId = "DBA" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "" I don't connect succseed! do i make mistake ? please point to me. I think I don't know what the meaning of openclient, please tell me . ...

Using Direct Connect in Powerbuilder
One of my company's system is using Direct Connect to retreive some data from Cardpac. When I create a new transaction object in PB for connecting the Direct Connect server using the Autocommit flag set to FALSE, it fail to execute the store procedure which will call the Cardpac program. After I read the manual of PB, it suggest to set AutoCommit to TRUE. And finally it work fine. But what I want to know is that is it a must to set it to TRUE ? if yes, what is the reason why it is a must to set Autocommit to TRUE? Thanks! as soon as you finish to execute the stored p...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. Sorry, is the the correct place to post my question? any TeamSybase member can help? Thanks Tony I thin...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

Web resources about - Using sockets with Powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles