Stored procedures,MSS Sql Server 7.0, and Powerbuilder 6.5

I have a stored procedure that performs an update of a table based upon two
input values, a "char(12)" and an "int" type. When running this update
inside SQL Server 7.0, it works. However, when I run it in my Powerbuilder
application, I get the error "Invalid character value for cast
specification", as though I have some data type compatability error. I
checked my code and everything seems appropriately typed.
Also, it seemed that when I was using SQL Server 6.5, everything worked
fine. Any insights out there?

0
Mary

There was a bug reported with numeric datatypes and the ODBC driver for
MS SQL Server 7.0.  It's an open bug.  Try changing the argument type
to string, and then converting it to integer inside the stored procedure
as a workaround.

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999 15:57:34 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity
Mary Papp <papp@udri.udayton.edu> wrote:
>I have a stored procedure that performs an update of a table based upon two
>input values, a "char(12)" and an "int" type. When running this update
>inside SQL Server 7.0, it works. However, when I run it in my Powerbuilder
>application, I get the error "Invalid character value for cast
>specification", as though I have some data type compatability error. I
>checked my code and everything seems appropriately typed.
>Also, it seemed that when I was using SQL Server 6.5, everything worked
>fine. Any insights out there?

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]                | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html

Bruce

Connectivity of PowerBuilder 6.5 and SQL Server 7.0
Hi Guys, I need help regarding connectivity with PB 6.5 and SQL Ser. 7.0. I am getting an error message "DBMS MS Sql Server ... not supported in current installation' or 'Unable to load the requested database interface". I have required files for both the system and for PB i.e., NTWDBLIB.DLL PBMSS60.DLL but still i am not able to connect to the database. Please help. Regards, MS Check the sybase site, there is useful infor about the matter. Good Luck, Alessandro Barbieri "mahesh" <mahesh.shah@codecindia.com> wrote in message new...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 Enterprise/Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0
From: Patrick Teas<patrick@comsenseinc.com> Subject: PowerBuilder 7.0 Enterprise/Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0 - Stored Procedures Date: Tuesday, July 20, 1999 7:38 AM After I installed PB7/ASA6 on an NT network I decided to write a stored procedure to service a new datawindow that I planned to include in the new application that I am developing. I can't get the stored procedure to accept retrieval arguments. It works fine if I hard code the arguments - i.e. returns the expected result set - but it just doesn't recognize any retrieval argument. I have even taken c...

PowerBuilder 6.5 and MS SQL 7.0 Connection
I'm facing a problem in connecting powerbuilder 6.5 to MS SQL 7.0 on 'Windows ME' when i try to connect to database it creates the connection without giving any error but when i try to see the tables in database painter or anywhere else it does'nt show me the tables and gives me error "SQLSTATE = S1003 [ODBC][SQLSERVER]Program type out of range" i've formatted my hard disk and again installed 'Windows ME' and other required softwares but the problem is still there, any suggessition would be worth for me. Thanks Saqib Sardar What build of...

PowerBuilder 6.5 EBF MSS Driver for Microsoft SQL Server 7
Here is the latest...... Author: Sybase Staff If you wish to download the zip file containing the the updated PowerBuilder MSS driver in PowerBuilder 6.5 EBF (Emergency But Fix) Builds 540 and later, please visit this URL: ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb65_weekly/mssnew/mssnew.zip. The zip file contains the following files: Mssnew.doc Pbmss60.dll Pbmss60w.dll readme.txt Please review the Mssnew.doc, which contains a list of the fixes (i.e., QTS Change Requests) that were put into this new driver in addition to other important information. The readme.txt...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 EBF MSS Driver for Microsoft SQL Server 7 #2
Here is the latest...... Author: Sybase Staff If you wish to download the zip file containing the the updated PowerBuilder MSS driver in PowerBuilder 6.5 EBF (Emergency But Fix) Builds 540 and later, please visit this URL: ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb65_weekly/mssnew/mssnew.zip. The zip file contains the following files: Mssnew.doc Pbmss60.dll Pbmss60w.dll readme.txt Please review the Mssnew.doc, which contains a list of the fixes (i.e., QTS Change Requests) that were put into this new driver in addition to other important information. The readme.txt...

PowerBuilder 6.5.1; MS SQL Server 7.0; ODBC; Text Column
PowerBuilder 6.5.1 ODBC MS SQL Server 7.0 Text Column I can't seem to insert a String with a length of 66,000 char to a Text Column. I get a to big (999) error I've change this in the pbodb60.ini PBMaxTextSize='2147483647' and I've added DBTextLimit='100000' to my SQLCA.DBParm Any Ideas? Best Regards, Adri�n Galv�n Adrian, Do you have this problem if you use the UpdateBlob statement as well, or just with Insert ? Sanjiv. "Adrian Galvan" <Nospam_agalvan@audisys.com> wrote in message news:40896004$1@forums-1-d...

PowerBuilder 5.0.04 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
I am having problems with a powerbuilder 5.0.04 application that uses pipeline objects. The only thing that has changed is the destination database has recently been upgraded from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to 7.0. We connect via ODBC. After upgrading to 7.0, we get the -4 error code (i.e. Table Not Found). Does anyone know if any new drivers are needed to support Microsoft SQL Server 7.0? Thanks, Victoria I am not sure but there is a 3.70 ODBC Driver from Microsoft. I am not sure the older driver works ok with MS 7.0. pv Victoria Kelsey wrote: > > I am having...

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

Calling a MS-SQL-Server 6.5 StoredProcedure from PowerBuilder 6.0
Does anyone know if there is a difference from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0 in the native MSS SQL-Server driver by calling StoredProcedures with OUTPUT arguments. I do have the following problem: - I've got a StoredProcedures with a char, varchar(50) or even with a datetime OUTPUT argument. - In PowerBuilder I do: DECLARE sp_test PROCEDURE FOR schsp_test_char @psReturn = :sReturn OUTPUT USING SQLCA; EXECUTE sp_test; FETCH sp_test into :sReturn; CLOSE sp_test; - If I execute this statement I get the following error: Implicit conversion from datatype 'varch...

Web resources about - Stored procedures,MSS Sql Server 7.0, and Powerbuilder 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles