Second posting for problem with PB 6.0, SQL Server 6.5, Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0

I have a strange problem using Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0 for SQL Server
6.5;
when I work with PB 6.0 and I use the Database painter, PB open two
connections to the database.

Into the first connection the statements are:
use <Dbname>
SET ANSI_NULL_DFTL_ON ON
exec Sp_SeRvEr_InFo
exec sp_server_info
exec sp_datatype_info 0

In the second connection, PB execute the statement required by the
painter.
In the first connection no other requests appair and the connection
seems 'suspended' until I close PB.

This behavior is replicate when I run the application from PB (I get
other two connections) but when the application terminates, only one of
the two connections is closed.
If run again the application, PB creates other two connections and, when
terminate the application, close only one.
So, during the development of the application, I get many connections to
the database 'suspended' up to crash PB for too many connections.

I've got this problem only with the version 3.0, 3.01 and 3.10 of
Intersolv, but not with 2.12.
With Intersolv 2.12, PB opens only one connection, and the statement of
the first connection are send before the normal request of PB (or
application).

Have I missing something in any configuration ?
There is some problem using Intersolv 3.0 with PB 6.0 ?
Have anyone suggestion ?

TIA,
Max

0
Massimo

Massimo,

    I'm not too familiar with Intersolv's ODBC driver for SQL Server 6.5,
but have you tried using the PowerBuilder native SQL Server driver instead?
This behavior does not occur with the native driver and I found it to be
much faster than ODBC.

hth,
Anthony M. Perugini
President
Forte Information Systems, Inc.
www.ConsultForte.com

Massimo Smeriglio wrote in message <356D1680.8E4143C7@sisteminet.it>...
>I have a strange problem using Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0 for SQL Server
>6.5;
>when I work with PB 6.0 and I use the Database painter, PB open two
>connections to the database.
>
>Into the first connection the statements are:
>use <Dbname>
>SET ANSI_NULL_DFTL_ON ON
>exec Sp_SeRvEr_InFo
>exec sp_server_info
>exec sp_datatype_info 0
>
>In the second connection, PB execute the statement required by the
>painter.
>In the first connection no other requests appair and the connection
>seems 'suspended' until I close PB.
>
>This behavior is replicate when I run the application from PB (I get
>other two connections) but when the application terminates, only one of
>the two connections is closed.
>If run again the application, PB creates other two connections and, when
>terminate the application, close only one.
>So, during the development of the application, I get many connections to
>the database 'suspended' up to crash PB for too many connections.
>
>I've got this problem only with the version 3.0, 3.01 and 3.10 of
>Intersolv, but not with 2.12.
>With Intersolv 2.12, PB opens only one connection, and the statement of
>the first connection are send before the normal request of PB (or
>application).
>
>Have I missing something in any configuration ?
>There is some problem using Intersolv 3.0 with PB 6.0 ?
>Have anyone suggestion ?
>
>TIA,
>Max

0
Anthony

Problem with PB 6.0, SQL Server 6.5, Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0
I have a strange problem using Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0 for SQL Server 6.5; when I work with PB 6.0 and I use the Database painter, PB open two connections to the database. Into the first connection the statements are: use <Dbname> SET ANSI_NULL_DFTL_ON ON exec Sp_SeRvEr_InFo exec sp_server_info exec sp_datatype_info 0 In the second connection, PB execute the statement required by the painter. In the first connection no other requests appair and the connection seems 'suspended' until I close PB. This behavior is replicate when I run the application from PB ...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 5.0.4 and ASA 6.0.3 with ODBC 3.0.28.xxx
Hi, I've tried applying ODBC 3.0.28 over the 3.0.51 version from ASA 6.0.3 and still have problems, but this time it's the "no catalogue tables" and "xxx has no columns" when opening a table. No database access is successful. I've applied the PB 5.0.4 EBF #3 from the support library too. Please help. Thanks and regards, Andre Lipinski hello... I'm facing the same problem but my PB is version 6.5.1 Any solution yet from sybase pertaining to the problem........ Thanks a lot Andre Lipinski <AndreL@globalserve.net> wrote in messa...

GPF in PB 5.0.3 and MS-Sql server 6.0
I migrating my PB 4.0.6 app to PB 5.0.3 (getting ready for the PB 5.0.4 relase i've waited for) migrateing or regenerating some of the functions or windows. Only some windows or functions will cause a GPF. the functions that GPF are those that execute stored procedures. The windows , I don't know want there problem is. the one that does uses only local datawindow not stored procedures. pb050 caused a gpf in pbmss050 at 0002:3224 DBMS = mss(msoft) sql server 6.0 dbparms = none TIA Tim Hi, There has been made some fixes concerning this gpf in 5.0.04. If...

PB 6.0/SQL Server 6.5/NT 4.0 using TCP/IP
I'm trying to connect a client to MS SQL Server 6.5 on NT4.0 over TCP/IP and am running into a strange situation that I hope someone can help me with. If I connect to the server in another domain and go out and see the server, PB will connect without a problem. If I'm not connected to the server, PB can't make the connection and will time out. Is there any way you can make the connection without having to have the OS level connection? Can anyone also give an area in the manual to look for how the connection is done to TCP/IP? I looked in Connecting To Your Database and...

ASA 6.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5: ODBC driver conflict
Has anyone experienced conflicts between ODBC drivers from ASA 6.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5? The conflict causes the ODBC administrator to crash during installation of MS SQL data sources. If you've ever experienced this, did you find a solution? ...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

Problem using PB 5.0.3 and PB 6.0 on the Same NT Workstation
Help! I'm having a problem with PB 5.0.3 and PB 6.0 on the same machine. Some history: We are running a PB5 application (16bit) in a Windows 3.11 environment but are doing some of the development on NT(PB5.0.3 32 bit). When we compile the app, we do it on a 16 bit machine. Up until now, we've been able to run the app with no problems on both Windows 3.11 and NT. Last week I installed PB6 on my NT machine and within a few days I was starting to have problems running the app in develepment in PB 5. The only thing I did in PB 6 so far is just try to connect to the MSS SQ...

ODBC 3.51, ASA 6.0.3 and PB 5.0.04
Hi everyone, I'm using PowerBuilder 5.0.04 on an NT 4.0 to connect to Adaptive Server Anywhere databases. I'm using the ODBC drivers to connect to the databases (i.e. the PBODB050 powerbuilder DLL). On my PC, the version of the ODBC32.DLL is 3.51. Yesterday, I applyed the patch I downloaded from support.sybase.com to upgrade the ASA drivers on my PC to 6.0.3 (I was previously using the 6.0.1 drivers). Since then, my database connections no longer works properly. In Powerbuilder, all the table names are now in lowercase (they were previously in uppercase) and I can no...

ODBC Error: MS SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 +WINNT 4.0
Hi, I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4. Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 ( no patches for any thing installed) After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or tables, I get an error message like SQLSTATE =S1003 [MICROSOFT] [ODBC DRIVER MANAGER] Program Type Out of Range on the...

PB 7.0.1
Hi, I just found a solution for correcting the memory leak in 7.0.1, when connecting to MS SQL Server 6.5. May be this is already fixed in the latest releases. I just want to share this in case it's useful to any of you guys. When you connect to the MS SQL Server 6.5 database, be sure to have atleast something in your DBParm attribute of the DBProfile (or SQLCA transaction object at runtime). For example (SQLCA.DBParm = "AppName='IRIS',Host='ZNF9'"). In development time in the DBProfile dialog under "Network" tabpage Enter something i...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Web resources about - Second posting for problem with PB 6.0, SQL Server 6.5, Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

PVCS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
8.4.6 / November 30, 2012 ; 2 years ago ( 2012-11-30 ) PVCS Version Manager (originally named Polytron Version Control System ) is a software ...

Shortage of skilled workers seen as endangering tech firms' growth State in position to lead nation's ...
The explosive growth of Maryland's high-technology sector should continue this year. However, a shortage of skilled technological workers could ...

City & Corporate: FD wins Micro Focus equity listing bid
Micro Focus has drafted in Financial Dynamics to handle PR around the first equity listing of a software firm on the London Stock Exchange for ...

Technical Support
Technical Support phone, fax, and webite information by manufacturer

Forrester Research : Analyst : Mike Gilpin
Mike serves Application Development & Delivery Professionals. He leads a team of analysts who cover a wide range of practices and technologies, ...

About M( ) - M( )
Hello there... I'm currently going through my personal transition from male to female, and this is my blog (initially mostly for friends and ...

Background - Portland SEO Consultant, Michael Cottam
Background of Michael Cottam. Website Built Using Michaelcottam.com

SolidFire - Board
Dave Wright : Dave Wrightleft Stanford in 1998 to help start GameSpy Industries, a leader inonline video game media, technology, and software. ...

Valhalla Partners
home about us our companies our team for entrepreneurs news & events contact us All companies Valhalla companies Valhalla exits Past companies ...

Valhalla Partners - Art Marks
Bio: Art Marks, Arthur J. Marks, Arthur Marks Managing General Partner, Valhalla Partners