Running PB 4.0.06 and PB 5.0.03

We are running Sql Server 6.5.  I have been doing maintenance on older apps
using PB 4.0.06 and (finally) have a chance to do some new development.
PB 4 and PB 5 were running smoothly on the same machine.  We were using
Named Pipes as our dll.

Last week , after I re-installed MS SQL Enterprise Manager and changing to
TCP/IP, PB 5 is running smoothly and can connect to both our old and new
databases.  PB 4 cannot see anything and is giving the following error
message - "Db-library network communication layer not loaded."

Duh ???

All the dll's are in my search path.  All the database IP addresses are in
the LMHOST file.  I even reinstalled 4.0 from scratch and ran the upgrade
disk to 4.0.06.

I'm sort of a dead duck until I can resolve this problem.  Any ideas?

TIA --- djc
0
Dave

>We are running Sql Server 6.5.  I have been doing maintenance on older apps
>using PB 4.0.06 and (finally) have a chance to do some new development.
>PB 4 and PB 5 were running smoothly on the same machine.  We were using
>Named Pipes as our dll.
>
>Last week , after I re-installed MS SQL Enterprise Manager and changing to
>TCP/IP, PB 5 is running smoothly and can connect to both our old and new
>databases.  PB 4 cannot see anything and is giving the following error
>message - "Db-library network communication layer not loaded."
>
>Duh ???
>
>All the dll's are in my search path.  All the database IP addresses are in
>the LMHOST file.  I even reinstalled 4.0 from scratch and ran the upgrade
>disk to 4.0.06.
>
>I'm sort of a dead duck until I can resolve this problem.  Any ideas?

If I remember correctly, that is looking for the tcpip driver.  If you
look at the MS SQL client configurator, you'll see the names of it.  I
can't remember the name of the 16 bit tcpip driver off the top of my
head.   DBMSSPX3.DLL I think.

Larry Cermak [Team Powersoft] | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.database
Branick Consulting,Inc.       | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.powerscript
lcermak@branick-inc.com       | www.branick-inc.com (PowerBuilder tips & techniques)
0
lcermak
10/30/1997 6:33:11 AM
Dave,

Are you using the MSS native interface or SYB?  If SYB, you should use MSS instead, but
either way what Larry  indicated is generally true, the net-lib DLL cannot be loaded.
For Microsoft's TCP/IP stack, the net-lib is DBMSSOC3.DLL and the DB-LIB DLL that
PowerBuilder loads is MSDBLIB3.DLL.  If using SYB, the story changes and the DLL loaded
by PowerBuilder is W3DBLIB.DLL.  There are various flavors of this one and which one you
use has an effect on both the net-lib DLL and where the configuration information is set
(WIN.INI or SQL.INI).

Can you connect to this database from within Microsoft's ISQL/W tool?

Jim O'Neil
Powersoft Technical Support
joneil@powersoft.com

Larry Cermak[TeamPS] wrote:

> >We are running Sql Server 6.5.  I have been doing maintenance on older apps
> >using PB 4.0.06 and (finally) have a chance to do some new development.
> >PB 4 and PB 5 were running smoothly on the same machine.  We were using
> >Named Pipes as our dll.
> >
> >Last week , after I re-installed MS SQL Enterprise Manager and changing to
> >TCP/IP, PB 5 is running smoothly and can connect to both our old and new
> >databases.  PB 4 cannot see anything and is giving the following error
> >message - "Db-library network communication layer not loaded."
> >
> >Duh ???
> >
> >All the dll's are in my search path.  All the database IP addresses are in
> >the LMHOST file.  I even reinstalled 4.0 from scratch and ran the upgrade
> >disk to 4.0.06.
> >
> >I'm sort of a dead duck until I can resolve this problem.  Any ideas?
> >

> If I remember correctly, that is looking for the tcpip driver.  If you
> look at the MS SQL client configurator, you'll see the names of it.  I
> can't remember the name of the 16 bit tcpip driver off the top of my
> head.   DBMSSPX3.DLL I think.
>
> Larry Cermak [Team Powersoft] | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.database
> Branick Consulting,Inc.       | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.powerscript
> lcermak@branick-inc.com       | www.branick-inc.com (PowerBuilder tips & techniques)

0
Jim
10/30/1997 1:11:59 PM
Thank you.  The 16-bit dll's were no longer in my search path.  I fixed
that and everything is back to normal.

Larry Cermak[TeamPS] <lcermak@flash.net> wrote in article

> If I remember correctly, that is looking for the tcpip driver.  If you
> look at the MS SQL client configurator, you'll see the names of it.  I
> can't remember the name of the 16 bit tcpip driver off the top of my
> head.   DBMSSPX3.DLL I think.
>
> Larry Cermak [Team Powersoft] | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.database
> Branick Consulting,Inc.       | Moderator
forums.powersoft.com.powerscript
> lcermak@branick-inc.com       | www.branick-inc.com (PowerBuilder tips &
techniques)

0
Dave

Running PB 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 on same PC
I am attempting to run PowerBuilder 3, 4, 5 (both 16 and 32 bit), and 6 on the same PC. I know that sounds crazy but all of those releases are still in use at my company. The only problem I am having is I can't get 6.0 to use its own pb.ini file. I am running NT 4.0 and have made the following entries in my WIN.INI in the [Powerbuilder] section: INITPATH=c:\...... statement for PB3, INITPATH040 for PB4, INITPATH050 for PB5, and INITPATH060 for PB6. This method works for PB3, 4, and 5 but not 6. PB6 seems to be using the INITPATH statement but ignores the INITPATH060 statement. M...

PB 5.0.03 and PB 5.0.04
Hi. Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB 5.0.04 ? You can just install 5.0.04. Make a backup of your pbls prior to installing 5.0.04 in case you need to revert back to the current version. hth, Anthony M. Perugini President Forte Information Systems, Inc. www.ConsultForte.com Having a Bad Day? www.ConsultForte.com/Disgruntled.htm Kleber Pimentel Koti wrote in message ... >Hi. >Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB >5.0.04 ? > > ...

PB 4.0.03 & PB 6.0.0 issues
I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS READING PB PRODUCTS: 1. WE HAVE USED PB 4.0.03 ENTERPRISE FOR YEARS NOW, ARE THERE PATCHES FOR Y2K CONCERNS THAT WE CAN DOWNLOAD? 2. WE HAVE ALSO PB 6.0.0 PROFESSIONAL, AND ENCOUNTERED SOME ODBC 4.0 GLITCHES RELATING TO MS-ACCESS 97 ("... Program type out of range ..."), ARE THERE PATCHES ALSO FOR THESE CONCERNS AND Y2K ISSUES. I read a response pointing where to find the different patches. I did not see though any patches specific to PB 4.0.03 and PB 6.0.0. I would great...

Migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 5.0
I am hving a hard time trying to convert from Powerbuilder v4.0 to v5.0. After I have migrated the entire application, i then try to open up a Window and keep getting the message "Open of Window failed. Application has been converted to newest version; window must be re-migrated". I then try to re-migrate the Window and re-open it and again the same message. Any ideas?? Does it definitely say 'remigrated' and not 'regenerated'? If the latter, then regenerating all objects should sort it. Mark Sanford wrote in message <01bd8e64$08e151e0$a4012682@s...

Are you using PB 5.0.03 version of PBODB050.DLL with PB 5.0.04??
PB 5.0.04 applications connected to SQL Anywhere 5.5 will GPF on disconnect when ODBC 3.5 or greater is installed. I believe this may only happen for win95 as opposed NT/98. Replacing PBODB050.DLL with the PB 5.0.03 version has been a common 'folk remedy'. We have just discovered a problematic side-effect: If instead of connecting to SA 5.5, you connect to SA 7, and your PB application uses datawindows which retrieve through calls to Stored Procedures, then such a retrieve produces a database error: Select error: SQLSTATE = S1009 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Invalid use o...

Migrating from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0
Hi, I have some questions regarding migrating from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0 1) I am migrating a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0. When I migrated the application, I got some warnings and Informational messages. I also got one error message in a user object : Error : C0181 : The argument to SetNull cannot be an autoinstantiate or structure. The argument I have is a structure instance. Is there another function I can use instead ? 2) This application also uses the funcky library. I was wondering what is a better substitute for these in 7.0. 3) Stephen Dupre also mentioned in on...

Running PB 6.0 and PB 5.0 on Same Machine
I would like to start reviewing PB 6.0. Will there be problems if I load on the machine I used for PB 5.0 development? Any tricks or warnings I should know about? >I would like to start reviewing PB 6.0. Will there be problems if I load >on the machine I used for PB 5.0 development? Any tricks or warnings I >should know about? > I haven't seen any problems. The files are all named differently, so there should be no problem. Larry Cermak [Team Powersoft] | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.database Branick Consulting,Inc. | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.pow...

PB 5.0.04 on NT 4.0 running MS SQL Server 7.0?
Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0? We're running against MS SQL 6.5 and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new features. Are there new SQL drivers available or required? TIA, pat yuen pyuen@carmafinancial.com 5.0.04 doesn't work with SQL7, you'll need to upgrade to PB 6.5.1 or 7.0 Simon Pat Yuen wrote in message ... >Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0? We're running against MS SQL 6.5 >and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new features. >Are there new SQL drivers available or required?...

Watcom 4.0 and PB 5.0.03
How can I using PowerBuilder 5.0.03 and Watcom 4.0 ( from PowerBuilder 4.0.05)?. I know that I need to define an ODBC profile, but I have ODBC 32bit ODBC DataSource Administrator, and I don�t view nothing reference about WOD40W.DLL, and I can�t declare any profile. Is necessary to install other utility?. thanks and excuse me for my little english. >How can I using PowerBuilder 5.0.03 and Watcom 4.0 ( from PowerBuilder >4.0.05)?. I know that I need to define an ODBC profile, but I have ODBC >32bit ODBC DataSource Administrator, and I don�t view nothing reference >about W...

Migration from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0.1
Anyone experience any problems with migrating from 5.0.4 to 7.0.1? I am having some problems with blobs in PB 7.0.1 and SQL Server 7.0 that I didn't have in PB 5.0.4. Thank you Build 7021 for PB 7.0.1 from the Sybase website worked. Thanks for Help! Robert Wren, Jr. <rwren@home.com> wrote in message news:nUQVd1FX$GA.177@forums.sybase.com... > Anyone experience any problems with migrating from 5.0.4 to 7.0.1? I am > having some problems with blobs in PB 7.0.1 and SQL Server 7.0 that I didn't > have in PB 5.0.4. > > Thank you > > ...

PB 5.0.4 migration to PB 7.0.2 issue
I'm trying to help a colleague solve a problem she is having in a fairly complex application. Of course, the application works fine using PB 5.0.4, but after migrating, a sheet which opens a modal window is not stopping to wait for the modal window's result. If I create a simple modal window and open it from the sheet, it does the same thing. If I create a simple sheet and open the modal window from that sheet it works properly. I've done the regens and optimizations. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, how did you resolve it?! Also if you have any s...

PB 5.0 Connectivity on Windows NT 4.0
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------664658C74AC8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Everyone, I am sitting her ein India, Bangalore, without WAN connectivity t Sybase, trying to Install PB 5.0, please help us out with this problem. Email me back at anup@sybase.com. --------------664658C74AC8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; name="Pb50.txt" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline; filename="Pb50.txt" Please Help, We are in process of Installing PB 5.0 on NT...

Web resources about - Running PB 4.0.06 and PB 5.0.03 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

The Art (And Science) Of Patent Prosecution: MoFo’s Two-Summer Patent Program Isn’t About Recruiting ...
Students in the Two-Summer Patent Program begin prosecuting patents on their very first day on the job. Learn more about it here.

PCs running Dell support app can be uniquely ID’d by snoops and scammers
... use the identifier to make their ruse more convincing. Websites can surreptitiously acquire the ID of just about any Dell machine that's running ...

Justin Forsett Injury: Ravens running back breaks arm from Aaron Donald tackle
With the slam of his body and the trainers putting on the aircast, Ravens running back Justin Forsett has broken his arm. Justin Forsett has ...

Monitor what’s running on your PC with apps tracker
Apps tracker is an open source tool that logs which programs are being run on your PC, and for how long. The program is portable, so there are ...

Time’s running out: Every movie and TV show leaving Netflix in December
Looking through the list of departures from Netflix this month, I'm relieved to see that we aren't losing nearly as many gems as we did last ...

Amazon reportedly running secret air cargo operation out of Ohio
A new air operation in Wilmington Air Park has technology circles speculating that Amazon.com Inc. is testing air operations there. LGSTX Services, ...

Brooks Running sponsoring beer-mile world-record holder - Business Insider Deutschland
The beer mile is a real thing, and the world-record holder now has a contract. Berkshire Hathaway-owned running-shoe company Brooks is now the ...

Beer Truck Takes Instant Revenge On Alleged Thief By Running Him Over
... a man accused of stealing it in Georgia recently. Police in Columbus, GA say the driver of a Coors Light beer truck left it parked and running ...