Problems to connect a PB 5.04 with MS SQL Server 7.0

I possess PB 5.04 and I need to connect with MS SQL Server 7.0 he/she
saw ODBC.
I am using the connection file with the MS SQL server:
  SQLSRV32.DLL 3.70.06.23 11/05/1999
 ODBC   3.510.3513.0
When I execute the application for PB in Windows 95 it works, but when I
try to execute
by Windows 98 and I give retrieve in any datawindow he/she doesn't
appear the data.
Seemingly the I am supported it connected, mistake didn't come back.
To use sql embeded doesn't also work, coming back garbage.

Thank you,
Francisco Freitas

0
Fabricio

ODBC 3.x added some new datatypes that older versions of PB don't understand.
Unfortunately, there's no update to PB5 to address the issue.  You'll need
to look at moving to PB6 or PB7 to correct the issue.

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:59:57 -0200,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity
Fabricio Streppel <desenv@develop.com.br> wrote:
>I possess PB 5.04 and I need to connect with MS SQL Server 7.0 he/she
>saw ODBC.
>I am using the connection file with the MS SQL server:
>  SQLSRV32.DLL 3.70.06.23 11/05/1999
> ODBC   3.510.3513.0
>When I execute the application for PB in Windows 95 it works, but when I
>try to execute
>by Windows 98 and I give retrieve in any datawindow he/she doesn't
>appear the data.
>Seemingly the I am supported it connected, mistake didn't come back.
>To use sql embeded doesn't also work, coming back garbage.
>
>Thank you,
>Francisco Freitas

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]              | Romac International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com     | http://www.romac.com
Watch for the KFORCE ad in the SuperBowl! | http://www.kforce.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                | http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html  |

Bruce