Problems connecting to MSSQL 6.5 after migrating from PB6.5 to PB7.0

After migrating my PFC based PB6.5 application to PB7.0 application, I
cannot connect the deployed EXE program to MS SQL 6.5 using native drive.  I
can connect to the database before the migration.  If I run the application
in PW7.0, I can connect to the MS SQL 6.5 database without any problem.
However it does not work if I run the deployed program.  By changing the INI
file, I can connect to Sybase SQL 11.5 database but not the MS SQL 6.5.
Please advise if anyone has faced the same problem and how to solve this
problem.

0
Tin

You're not going crazy.  We have a regression in 7.0 that eats up 100MB when
connecting to MSS (native Microsoft SQL Server driver).  Most report this as
"slow application after migrating" if using MSS when it's really because they
have 64MB (maybe) and the system is requesting 100MB so the disk is going like
crazy.  This is bug #200457.  The EBF will be put out after the first
maintenance release of 7.0

Stephen

--
Stephen Dupre
Sybase Product Support

0
Stephen

Problems Connecting to MSSQL 6.5 after migrating from PB6.5 to PB7.0
After migrating my PFC based PB6.5 application to PB7.0 application, I cannot connect the deployed EXE program to MS SQL 6.5. I can connect to the database before the migration. If I run the application in PW7.0, I can connect to the MS SQL 6.5 database without any problem. However it does not work if I run the deployed program. By changing the INI file, I can connect to Sybase SQL 11.5 database but not the MS SQL 6.5. Please advise if anyone has faced the same problem and how to solve this problem. I forgot to state that I am using native drive to connect the the MS SQL 6....

Problems connecting the MS SQL 6.5 after migrating from PB6.5 to PB7.0
After migrating my PFC based PB6.5 application to PB7.0 application, I cannot connect the deployed EXE program to MS SQL 6.5. I can connect to the database before the migration. If I run the application in PW7.0, I can connect to the MS SQL 6.5 database without any problem. However it does not work if I run the deployed program. By changing the INI file, I can connect to Sybase SQL 11.5 database but not the MS SQL 6.5. Please advise if anyone has faced the same problem and how to solve this problem. I forgot to state that I am using native drive to connect the the MS SQL 6.5 ...

PB7.0 and MSSQL 6.5 Connection/Disconnect problems.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------C44F0B90E1D30A433BB44819 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Using PB7.0 Build 5031 and MSSql Server 6.5, one developer is experiencing long connection times (>2 minutes), when I can connect to the same server in just a few (2-3) seconds. He is running on a bigger box, a compaq 400mghz with 64MB. During the slow connection memory usage skyrockets from +6M for PB70.exe to over 40M. My machine's usage will only go into the 16M rang when connected. Any ideas? --------------...

Connect to SQL Anywhere 5.0 and MSSQL 6.5
Hi, Our PB 6.0 app. is running on the local workstation interfacing SQL Anywhere 5.0 DB on c: drive as temperary database and interfacing MSSQL 6.5 as primary data source. Data is upload from local SQL Anywhere 5.0 db to MSSQL 6.5 thru pipelines. Questions: 1. When connecting to MSSQL 6.5, Should we use ODBC SQL Server driver or PB native MS SQL 6.X driver ? We are using ODBC driver to connect to local SQL Anywhere now. 2. Where can we get the latest version of ODBC MS SQL Server driver or PB Native driver for MS SQL 6.5 ? 3. SQL Anywhere 5.0 allow mutliple column...

Problems connecting to MSSQL 6.5 with PB7
Dear new PB7 developpers, I recently install PB7 on my machine at work at I've got some problems with the connection to our MSSQL Server database(V6.5). I create a very simple app with 2 buttons, 1 to connect and 1 to disconnect and it seems the the connection occurs differently when running from PB and via a "compiled" PDL. When running from PB, the connection to the database is fine. But I run the compiled PBL, it becomes very slow(near 1 min) and takes a lot of memory, I mean more than 60 MB of memory. Even if PB7 is pretty new , I am sure that somebody encount...

Problems connecting to MSSQL 6.5 with PB7
Dear new PB7 developpers, I recently install PB7 on my machine at work at I've got some problems with the connection to our MSSQL Server database(V6.5). I create a very simple app with 2 buttons, 1 to connect and 1 to disconnect and it seems the the connection occurs differently when running from PB and via a "compiled" PDL. When running from PB, the connection to the database is fine. But I run the compiled PBL, it becomes very slow(near 1 min) and takes a lot of memory, I mean more than 60 MB of memory. Even if PB7 is pretty new , I am sure that somebody encou...

Problem connecting to Anywhere 5.5 using a PowerBuilder 4.0 app
I am having problems connecting to a SQl Anywhere 5.5 database running is server mode on a Novell network. The application is in PowerBuilder 4.0. I am able to use Access 97 and Infomaker to connect, but not the PB 4.0 app. Thank you in advance! kedersha_brian@aac.com Do you have some error messages? What client are you using? Win 95/3.11/NT? I know of no reason that PB4 cannot connect to SA 5.5.x server. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, LLC Houston, TX Is your PB4 app 16 or 32 bit? How are the ODBC Profiles defined? Are they 16 or 32 bit Profiles? Are they...

PB6.5 connecting to Oracle8.0.5, and 8.1.6.2
Hi I have a PowerBuilder 6.5 app using the following dlls 05/14/1999 05:55p 1,614,336 pbdwe60.dll 05/14/1999 05:55p 289,792 pbodb60.dll 05/14/1999 05:55p 208,896 pbor860.dll 05/14/1999 05:55p 816,640 pbrtc60.dll 05/14/1999 05:55p 38,912 pbtra60.dll 05/19/1999 04:06p 3,405,312 pbvm60.dll 02/16/1996 06:45p 32,256 pfccom32.dll I have no problem connecting and accessing data from ORACLE 8.0.5 database, but When I log onto Oracle 8.1.6.2 database, logs in fine but when I try to retrieve data t...

Migration from 5.0.5 to 6.0.3. Problems?
Hi Which problems should I expect during such a migration?. Regards R. There should be none. I always recommend an unload / dbinit / reload when upgrading. Why are you going to 6.0.3, when 7.0.3 has been out, and 8.x is soon to be released. -- David Fishburn Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup EBFs http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm Whitepapers http://www.sybase.com/developer/mobile/ CaseXpress - to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com "R" <var@interia....

Problem for connect to ASA 6.0 Server from PB6.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003D_01BE1A1F.734A2560 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable donn't connect to asa 6.0 en winnt /tcpip from pb6.5 odbc connection in = win95 send message error "comunication link error" in log file generate from asa 6.0 client send this message Fri Nov 27 1998 09:29 Trying to start Shared Memory link ... Shared Memory link started successfully Trying to start TCPIP link ... Loading wsock32.dll Loading ws2_32.dll Could...

6.0.4 Agents displays as Ver. 5.5 on properties page/6.0 clients cannot connect
In ConsoleOne Post Office propertied display as Ver. 5.5. Agent loads as 6.0.4, however neither 6 nor 6.0.4 clients can connect to the PO as it says they are not the correct version. czollman@ubesd.k12.or.us wrote: > In ConsoleOne Post Office propertied display as Ver. 5.5. Agent loads as > 6.0.4, Okay - assuming that the domain that owns this post office is indeed a 6.0 domain, try the following. Unload the POA. Copy the files from the 6.0 CD in the PO directory to the post office directory (ngwguard.dc, gwpo.dc, wphost.dc). Reload the POA. Give the POA time to re...

Pb6.5 Connecting to SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 Database
Does PB6.5 support SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 database interface, I don't see it when I try to create a database profile in PB6.5 ??. I can create an ODBC database profile though, but i don't want to use ODBC. Thanks Ravi Nath Ravi, SQL Anywhere uses the ODBC interface as native so that's the right way to go. Regards, John Olson [TeamSybase] Developower, Inc. www.developower.com SAS wrote in message ... >Does PB6.5 support SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 database interface, I don't see it >when I try to create >a database profile in PB6.5 ??. >I c...

PB6.0 + MSSQL 6.5 connection takes LOONG time...
We are running MS SQLSERVER 6.5 on Windows NT 4.0 service pack 3.0. We are building a PB 6.0 application. The problem is that when one selects tables in either the database or datawindow painter, it takes a long time before the fields of all the tables selected and relationships if any) show up in the painter. What could be the problem? If we try to pull up the table definition or run a query using the SQL Server enterprise manager, the results come back right away. Thanks! Jitendra KHARE j.khare@popmail.csuohio.edu In article <DoCPFJsQ9GA.468@forums.powersoft.co...

PB6.0 + MSSQL 6.5 connection takes LOONG time...
We are running MS SQLSERVER 6.5 on Windows NT 4.0 service pack 3.0. We are building a PB 6.0 application. The problem is that when one selects tables in either the database or datawindow painter, it takes a long time before the fields of all the tables selected and relationships if any) show up in the painter. What could be the problem? If we try to pull up the table definition or run a query using the SQL Server enterprise manager, the results come back right away. Thanks! Jitendra KHARE j.khare@popmail.csuohio.edu In article <DoCPFJsQ9GA.468@forums.powersoft.co...

Web resources about - Problems connecting to MSSQL 6.5 after migrating from PB6.5 to PB7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...