Problem to access ACCESS.MDB

I want pipe data from ACCESS-Database to SQL-AnyWhere with Powerbuilder.

I can connect the Acces-DB (Format ACCESS 2000 ) with ACCESS  2002

I have made an ODBC DSN for this File.

When i try to access the data from Powerbuilder 10.02
I get the Error-Message:

What I have to check or change ??

0
Peter

Is Access 2002 a unicode version?  You may have to set a paramater in DBPARM...

On 7 Jul 2005 23:57:42 -0700,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.connectivity
Peter Stojkovic <Peter.Stojkovic@gmx.net> wrote:
>I want pipe data from ACCESS-Database to SQL-AnyWhere with Powerbuilder.
>
>I can connect the Acces-DB (Format ACCESS 2000 ) with ACCESS  2002
>
>I have made an ODBC DSN for this File.
>
>When i try to access the data from Powerbuilder 10.02
>I get the Error-Message:

>What I have to check or change ??

Andy
0
Andy

Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database
Hello I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me edit data in tables. Configuration is: // Profile access SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogId = "admin" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'" Why I can do this? Thank you. There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the table is not updateable. You can override this in the update ...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

Access Connection Problem, can't give ASPNET access
I have a problem with connecting to an Access database.   The access database is on a shared network drive and I have no way of giving an ASPNET account access to the folder. Is there a way for me to connect to this Access database where I can bypass using the ASPNET account? Hey, Yes, impersonate the application, where you setup in the web.config: <identity impersonate="true" userName="uname" password="pwd" />Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires&quo...

Problem with connecting to a MS Access database (.mdb)
 Here is my code:1 Dim strSQL As String 2 strSQL = "SELECT * From [user] WHERE username='" & user.Text & "' AND password = '" & password.Text & "'" 3 4 Dim MemberDataConn As New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; data source=" & Server.MapPath("App_Data/tournament.mdb")) 5 6 Dim MemberCommand As New OleDbCommand(strSQL, MemberDataConn) 7 MemberDataConn.Open() 8 Dim MemberDBReader As OleDbDataReader 9 10 MemberDBReader = MemberCommand.ExecuteReade...

Problem in accessing access database
Hi  I am establishing connection with MS access. MS Access Database is placed in the same directory as the project.Connection string is " "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=testdb.mdb"   But I am getting the error  the file "testdb.mdb" not found   Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with the connection string Regards KaranRegardsKaran GuptaFor .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visithttp://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main Try putting the DB in the APP_Data folder or changing 'testdb.mdb&#...

Problem of accessing data from Access
Hi, I have created a simple web application that will display data from the table in Access database file. At first, a connection to a data source is set up by using OleDbConnection provided in the server explorer. After the connection is tested successful, three selected fields of table are dragged from Server explorer to the form. This produces a data adapter and a new connection in the component tray of form. Then a dataset is generated and a datagrid is dragged to the form. In the property window of datagrid, the dataSource, datamember and datakeyfield are set to the required field. ...

Problems accessing access database
Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. When several users access the access database the second user tries to open you will receive a message that says there is a table that is exclusivly open by another user, so we can not open the document. How to make it work with databases. Is it possible that you are using an 4.90SP1 client? If yes, you should use 4.90SP1a instead -- Marcel (using XanaNews 1.16.1.6) I can resist everything but temptation >Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. Actually 6.5 I suspect. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://sup...

Powerbuilder 6.5/Access 97 Connection Problem
My name is Jamal Ogans and I am a Powerbuilder Developer in California. I am having a database connection problem and was wondering if you could help. In Powerbuilder 6.0 I have no problem connecting to an Access97 Database, retrieving data, and so on and so forth; However, when I use Powerbuilder 6.5, I can still connect to an Access97 Database, but I am unable to retrieve data, or view the tables. I get the following error message: SQLSTATE =S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program out of range Any ideas on what the problem is and/or how to resolve it? Any help wou...

How to convert the access 97 mdb file to access 2000 mdb?
i am using the PB6.5 with access 97 mdb file, as my access file contain some PB functions in it, and now i need to convert that mdb to access 2000, i tried, but i lost all the PB functions, can anyone tell me how to keep the file in new format but keep the old function. ...

Powerbuilder 6.0 and MS Access 97 connectivity problem
I am having problems retrieving data from tables in MSAccess 97 with field names containing blanks. I have tried the PBNonStdChars parameter in the PBODB060.ini file for MSAccess 97 driver to no avail. This did work with PB5.0 and MSAccess 97. Is there a patch for this or a workaround? Thanks! On Fri, 6 Feb 1998 17:37:24 -0400, "Elvin, Bob" <elvin@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote: > I am having problems retrieving data from tables in MSAccess 97 with >field names containing blanks. I have tried the PBNonStdChars parameter in >the PBODB060.ini file ...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

Folder Access to access.mdb database
 Hi guys: Sorry for the lack of knowledge on ASP.net, I am actually a security administrator faced with the following issue:I restricted access to a Folder which contains an access.mdb database to the following: Internet_Guest_AccountsSystemsEnterprise Adminsand two specific users (owners)The ASP comes into play because when the folder had (has) Everyone it works (reads from access database) correctly but, when restricted as above it does not work. What can I possibly do (give rights to certain services) on that particular folder to make it work without granting rights to Ever...

Table Access problem when accessing a View (!)
Is this problem familiar to anybody?... To protect 'private' data columns in a table, I am accessing them through a view. The user has (SELECT) access to the view, but not the base table. The view and the table have the same owner (dbo), access on view granted to user Table name: Customer View name: Customer_v I have a C program using Embedded SQL to access Sybase To retrieve data, I am using dynamic SQL, so it's roughly as follows (this is not the actual code/SQL): strcpy(sqlstring,"select CustId, CustName from Customer_v where CustId = 131"); exec sql prepa...

Web resources about - Problem to access ACCESS.MDB - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Serious fox problem near Yass Gorge
Residents seek help, saying fox epidemic is threatening the native biodiversity. &nbsp;

STEM Crisis: NSW Education Minister Adrian Piccoli to focus on STEM's image problem
They are seen as domains for &quot;geniuses&quot;, &quot;geeks&quot;, &quot;nerds&quot; and &quot;not for girls&quot;. And it's holding the nation ...

Recharge Wrap-up: Formula E battery award, Tesla NOx problem
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Motorsports , Plants/Manufacturing , Tesla , Emissions , Fuel Efficiency , Technology , Electric Williams ...

"Old-timers, guys that are 60-plus, have no problem with a gang shower and whatever."
"The Gen X-ers are a little bit more sensitive to what they’re spending and what they’re expecting. And the millennials, these are the special ...

Apple's App Store has a copyright problem
... then made more apps — all of which are paid-for — and Raub says Apple is unwilling to help this time. 9to5Mac points out that this problem ...

Rahm Emanuel op-ed: I own the problem of police brutality, and I'll fix it
Chicago is facing a defining moment on the issues of crime and policing and the even larger issues of truth and justice. To meet this moment, ...

Out-Of-Town Trip In The Nissan LEAF — No Problem
... driving to St. Petersburg, to Tampa, or south to Venice or Englewood is gone. The [&hellip Out-Of-Town Trip In The Nissan LEAF — No Problem ...

Michigan GOPer Blames School Problems On Black Children
Michigan state Senator Marty Knollenberg decided he'd be a wise guy and blame failing school districts on African-American kids during a debate. ...

Responsible Gun Owners Are Part Of The Problem
A Responsible Gun Owner took offense to my use of the hashtag #GunsAreTheEnemy on Facebook and wrote defending his ri...