Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database

Hello

I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me
edit data in tables.
Configuration is:

// Profile access
SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB"
SQLCA.LogId = "admin"
SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
SQLCA.DBParm =
"PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'"

Why I can do this?

Thank you.


0
sercomi
12/16/2002 1:59:00 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.connection 3893 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
742 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 4

There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK
cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the
table is not updateable. You can override this in the update properties.
--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8
iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

"sercomi" <mail@sercomi.com> wrote in message
news:kU2C02QpCHA.303@forums.sybase.com...
> Hello
>
> I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me
> edit data in tables.
> Configuration is:
>
> // Profile access
> SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB"
> SQLCA.LogId = "admin"
> SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
> SQLCA.DBParm =
> "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'"
>
> Why I can do this?
>
> Thank you.
>
>


0
Chris
12/16/2002 6:25:46 PM
I try to update or create Primary Key in table, but it shows message:

"It do not support command DDL:
Continue?"

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you



"Chris Keating" <Fight_Spam_keating@iAnywhere.com> escribi� en el mensaje
news:XjyT1LTpCHA.130@forums.sybase.com...
>
> There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK
> cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the
> table is not updateable. You can override this in the update properties.
> --
>
> Chris Keating
> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8
> iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com
>
> ** Please only post to the newsgroup
>
> ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
> ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com
>
> "sercomi" <mail@sercomi.com> wrote in message
> news:kU2C02QpCHA.303@forums.sybase.com...
> > Hello
> >
> > I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let
me
> > edit data in tables.
> > Configuration is:
> >
> > // Profile access
> > SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB"
> > SQLCA.LogId = "admin"
> > SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
> > SQLCA.DBParm =
> > "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'"
> >
> > Why I can do this?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> >
>
>


0
sercomi
12/17/2002 3:13:29 PM
Did you try changing the update properties of the datawindow?

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8
iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

"sercomi" <mail@sercomi.com> wrote in message
news:M3GwFFepCHA.130@forums.sybase.com...
> I try to update or create Primary Key in table, but it shows message:
>
> "It do not support command DDL:
> Continue?"
>
> How can I solve this problem?
>
> Thank you
>
>
>
> "Chris Keating" <Fight_Spam_keating@iAnywhere.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> news:XjyT1LTpCHA.130@forums.sybase.com...
> >
> > There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK
> > cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that
the
> > table is not updateable. You can override this in the update properties.
> > --
> >
> > Chris Keating
> > Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8
> > iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com
> >
> > ** Please only post to the newsgroup
> >
> > ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
> > ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> > ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com
> >
> > "sercomi" <mail@sercomi.com> wrote in message
> > news:kU2C02QpCHA.303@forums.sybase.com...
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let
> me
> > > edit data in tables.
> > > Configuration is:
> > >
> > > // Profile access
> > > SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB"
> > > SQLCA.LogId = "admin"
> > > SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
> > > SQLCA.DBParm =
> > > "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'"
> > >
> > > Why I can do this?
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Chris
12/18/2002 1:07:23 AM
I don't try to connect with datawindow, I make test with Connection Painter.

If I can't modify data in table with connection Painter, I can modify data
with datawindow?

Thank you


"Chris Keating" <Fight_Spam_keating@iAnywhere.com> escribi� en el mensaje
news:u$fz8QjpCHA.303@forums.sybase.com...
> Did you try changing the update properties of the datawindow?
>
> --
>
> Chris Keating
> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8
> iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com
>
> ** Please only post to the newsgroup
>
> ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
> ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com
>
> "sercomi" <mail@sercomi.com> wrote in message
> news:M3GwFFepCHA.130@forums.sybase.com...
> > I try to update or create Primary Key in table, but it shows message:
> >
> > "It do not support command DDL:
> > Continue?"
> >
> > How can I solve this problem?
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> >
> >
> > "Chris Keating" <Fight_Spam_keating@iAnywhere.com> escribi� en el
mensaje
> > news:XjyT1LTpCHA.130@forums.sybase.com...
> > >
> > > There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a
PK
> > > cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that
> the
> > > table is not updateable. You can override this in the update
properties.
> > > --
> > >
> > > Chris Keating
> > > Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8
> > > iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com
> > >
> > > ** Please only post to the newsgroup
> > >
> > > ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
> > > ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> > > ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com
> > >
> > > "sercomi" <mail@sercomi.com> wrote in message
> > > news:kU2C02QpCHA.303@forums.sybase.com...
> > > > Hello
> > > >
> > > > I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can
let
> > me
> > > > edit data in tables.
> > > > Configuration is:
> > > >
> > > > // Profile access
> > > > SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB"
> > > > SQLCA.LogId = "admin"
> > > > SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
> > > > SQLCA.DBParm =
> > > > "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'"
> > > >
> > > > Why I can do this?
> > > >
> > > > Thank you.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
sercomi
12/18/2002 1:03:36 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Powerbuilder 8 connectivity problem to legacy unix database
I hope that this forum may be able to help me or at least advise me. I have been testing PB8 for an application currently written in PB6.5. The backend of the application is a legacy Unix DBMS for which no development has been done for a number of years. The 32 bit ODBC driver is suitable for windows only. PB6.5 ==== Currently W95, W98, W2000 clients can connect to it using the PB6.5 compilation and run the applications quite successfully. (XP does not produce the correct result whe functions are part of the Select statement.) PB8 === However, when using PB8 Enterprise edi...

Powerbuilder 6.5/Access 97 Connection Problem
My name is Jamal Ogans and I am a Powerbuilder Developer in California. I am having a database connection problem and was wondering if you could help. In Powerbuilder 6.0 I have no problem connecting to an Access97 Database, retrieving data, and so on and so forth; However, when I use Powerbuilder 6.5, I can still connect to an Access97 Database, but I am unable to retrieve data, or view the tables. I get the following error message: SQLSTATE =S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program out of range Any ideas on what the problem is and/or how to resolve it? Any help wou...

Powerbuilder 6.0 and MS Access 97 connectivity problem
I am having problems retrieving data from tables in MSAccess 97 with field names containing blanks. I have tried the PBNonStdChars parameter in the PBODB060.ini file for MSAccess 97 driver to no avail. This did work with PB5.0 and MSAccess 97. Is there a patch for this or a workaround? Thanks! On Fri, 6 Feb 1998 17:37:24 -0400, "Elvin, Bob" <elvin@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote: > I am having problems retrieving data from tables in MSAccess 97 with >field names containing blanks. I have tried the PBNonStdChars parameter in >the PBODB060.ini file ...

connecting to database from powerbuilder
Hello, Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder other than transaction objects.. Thanks in advance Suby a powerbuilder application needs transaction objects to interact with any dbms. what functionality are you trying to build? sanjiv. <Suby> wrote in message news:42d4b61b.3c60.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder > other than transaction objects.. > Thanks in advance > Suby Hi The transaction object is the object to be used to connect to any database? What do you...

Cannot connect my database to Powerbuilder
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder. I am unable to run a Powerbuilder program with the database that I have specified in the 'Database Painter'. Could you please help me? I am able to see the tables in the painter but when I try and run the exe after building it, it does not seem to be pointing to that database. Regards, Anand Surendar You have to populate those same attributes on the SQLCA connection object and then issue a CONNECT statement within your application code. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:22 -0800 (PST), anand_icomm <anand09011982@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

powerbuilder database connections
When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following error messages: unable to start, server not found Could not load interface for specified database unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL Please help Stephane Stephane, The system can't find PBODB040.DLL. HTH, Carson ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com chager@dyn-data.com ******** Are You Ready for the Web ******** ...

Problem connecting to oracle database in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version
I am not able to connect to oracle database using odbc in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version.I am getting error message which says 'Inavlid or unsupported datasource' Ershad, Have you verified that you have the required Oracle ODBC drivers? The latest set of drivers is available at: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odbc/index.html\ Could you also please post the attributes of the transaction object (except the password) that you use to try and connect to the oracle db? Sanjiv. <Ershad Ali Mohammad> wrote in message news:41aea458.51d5...

powerbuilder database connections
I receive this error message when I try to connect the dbclient. "unable to start, server not found" When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive these errors: unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL could not load interface for specified database Please help Stephane In article <TcVR68XL9GA.205@forums.powersoft.com>, viaust@rmoc.ca says... >> When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive >> these errors: >> unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL >> could not load interface for specified ...

Problem to connect to ASA database with WLAN connection
Hi, I develop a pocketbuilder application on a Windows CE mobile. I want to connect the mobile directly to a ASA database on the network. When I try the connection, I have nothing... I wait... For the moment, the database is on my PC and ping to my PC works. Perhaps I have problem with memory or with the definition of my DSN File. DSN File: [ODBC] uid=dba pwd=sql enginename=tlbmobile_proxy Links=TCPIP(HOST=194.124.250.130;port=2638) databasename=tlbmobile_proxy Thanks for your help. Ang�lique How have you started the database engine on your PC? Did you use...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Database Connection???How to connect a Database in an other server?
How to connect a Database(.mdb) in an other server? Can I use the connection string like below? mycon.ConnectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=http://www.****.com/***/mydb.mdb" You can not. That simple. Access is file based. No a client/server architecture.Thomas TomiczekPowerNodes ApS(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)---Building a Website? Try the PowerNodes CMS - http://www.powernodes.com/ Correction: you can. Just make sure you can reach the acces db file - through a file share that is bound as drive. Not that you should. Performance will be horrib...

PowerBuilder to ASE connection problem.
Hi Everyone, I am new to ASE as I'd been used to ASA. But this time, I need to migrate to ASE. I am using PowerBuilder. As being new, I am still running ASE on WindowsXP. I have installed it successfully and I created a server successfully. Now, I want to connect my PB App into it, I tried creating Connection Profile. And this is what I got: "Unable to load the requested database interface. Please make sure both the interface and client software are properly installed." How to I resolve that? Many thanks to any help. Regards, Neil Hello, If you have success...

Web resources about - Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

PowerBuilder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PowerBuilder is an integrated development environment owned by Sybase , a division of SAP . It has been in use since 1991, peaking around 1998 ...

Sybase PowerBuilder tool readied for Microsoft's .Net
... Win32 or newer style .Net development After several years of work, Sybase is ready to deliver on the final step in its plan to move PowerBuilder ...

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages
about dmoz - dmoz blog - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Programming/Languages Description Top : Computers : Programming ...

The HP Booth Staff (Goons) Owe Me an Apology
... when you might need to use it. For instance, when I was in the WinRunner world there were plugins for driving terminal emulators and powerbuilder ...

Contact Us - Sybase Inc
Thanks for visiting the 主页 section of Sybase.com. Here you will find information about Contact Us. For more information about Business Intelligence, ...

热门搜索 - 我的异常网
... 我的异常网 » 热门搜索 sdpnet2 移动【A111】其它用户原因鉴权失败,是什么意思啊 http:// 192.168.1.102:22578 本网站服务器位于美国,受美国法律保护 MiniUI js 破解 http://192.168.1.103:8080/ powerbuilder ...

Mobile app security: Always keep the back door locked
The best way to keep mobile apps safe is to secure the services they connect to.

10 Tech Skills That Will Instantly Net You A $100,000+ Salary
... that let's developers run Java applications. Java is highly popular language for writing web apps and custom enterprise apps. No. 8: PowerBuilder ...

Top Ranked Articles
Top Ranked Articles - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 23 Feb 2013

Resources last updated: 12/16/2015 9:23:06 PM