PowerBuilder vs MS SQLServer

Hi guys.

I need help.

We have a application developed on PowerBuilder 6.5 and I need to know about
restrictions for connecting  with Microsoft SQLServer 7.0 across ODBC 3.5.

Somebody know some restriction?

0
Sergio

In article <x0BbF233#GA.206@forums.sybase.com>, srosa@mastersaf.com.br
says...

> Somebody know some restriction?

I haven't heard of any...
0
andyt
8/6/1999 2:34:31 AM
You need to upgrade to 6.5.1 which has, I believe, a fixed DLL to allow you
to access SQL7 properly.
S.

Sergio Augusto wrote in message ...
>Hi guys.
>
>I need help.
>
>We have a application developed on PowerBuilder 6.5 and I need to know
about
>restrictions for connecting  with Microsoft SQLServer 7.0 across ODBC 3.5.
>
>Somebody know some restriction?

0
Simon

How to connect to Ms Sqlserver 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
I want to connect to Ms Sqlserver 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5. Would you please tell me where I can download the native database driver? Thank you very much! Sincerely, Fang Jing fangjing@telekbird.com.cn I have not been able to find a native driver anywhere. We are having no real problems using the SQL 6.5 drivers with PB 6.5.1. You have to upgrade to PB 6.5.1 or there are some issues. (Like you can't paint a DW off of a stored proc) Hope this helps....Paul Fang Jing <fangjing@telekbird.com.cn> wrote in message news:tmKLHsSR$GA.289@forums.sybase.com... ...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

PowerBuilder 9 and SQLServer Connection
Hello Group, I am connecting PB to an SQL Server using native PB drivers and I have many problems. I have read that Microsoft has stopped developping new drivers for PB and advises to use OLE DB. May I have your comments on this issue. Is OLEDB better? Regards Dimitris Karistinos This is a good question for the powerbuilder.database group. On 19 Oct 2004 01:39:54 -0700, "Dimitris Karistinos" <dkaris@relational.gr> wrote: >Hello Group, >I am connecting PB to an SQL Server using native PB drivers and I have many >problems. >I have read tha...

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

to connect an application powerbuilder client with sqlserver
Good afternoon. the problem that I have is the following one, one has a servant nt with sqlserver7, as application client one has power builder 6.5.1, with operating system linux suse, to the us to use the native bookstore of power buider that is ms sqlserver 6x, the error appears that cannot connect myself to the database. does a native driver of power builder exist with the one that a client can connect with linux to a database sql server??? my e-mail : jariza@costavision.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_l...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Nativ Connect to MS SQL Server from PowerBuilder
Hi! I would like to know if there is a database interface that provide native connection to Microsoft SQL Server 2000 I use Power Builder Entreprise7.0.3. And if there is one from where do i get it? Thanks OLE DB is now the preferred native interface (replacing MSS). I don't know how reliable it is in the version you are using. You can also use ODBC which should supports features not supported in MSS (var/char columns > 255 characters in length). If you did not already install them, you need to rerun the install program and select them from the appropriate dialog (ii...

Powerbuilder 7.02 and MS SQLServer 2000
We are looking at migrating current powerbuilder 6.51 applications to Powerbuilder 7.0.2 (7.0.2 due to version compatibility to a 3rd party software package that will be migrated at the same time) In addition to the Powerbuilder migration, there is the possible move from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to SQL Server 2000. My question is, are there native SQL Server 2000 database drivers, will the SQL Server 7.0 drivers handle the database connection, or is there another solution I'm overlooking. I've looked through the news groups, and seen many mixed feelings regarding ...

Powerbuilder connection to MS Access using ODBC on XP
My Powerbuilder app currently connects correctly to an MS Access db to import data using ODBC on an NT platform. We are upgrading to XP and the connection fails. I get this error message : "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation" I think that it may need a .dll for XP in order to connect. Any help would be great. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp It sounds like your ODBC drivers aren't registered with XP. Try doing the PB runtime installation again and make sure you setup th...

Connecting Powerbuilder 7.03 to MS SQL 2000
I have been told that the dll's included in the 7.03 version of PB has the ability to connect to and work with SQL 2000. I have installed the upgrade but, when I open the database with the MSS driver the database is not updateable. In all the painters PB will not allow me to edit the data. I know that for Sybase SQL Server you need to run a script on the database to allow the driver to communicate with PB. Am I missing this file somewhere or is there another way to enable PB to work with SQL 2000? Thanks, Paul Swanson We work with PB7/SQL2000 with no problems, we di...

PowerBuilder vs. MS Access for read-only reporting system?
I have a question for any pb developers that have worked with MS Access 97. I am trying to devise a reporting system that will need to retrieve data from approximately 4 or 5 distinct databases (ranging from Sybase, Oracle, MS SQL, and MS Access). I am a newbie to the pb world but I have taken the 5-Day Intro Course offered by Sybase. My main concern is that I have difficulty trying connecting to multiple databases simultaneously in order to do lookups, select queries and such. In MS Access it is easily accomplished through "linked" tables (not to mention that I have a cou...

Powerbuilder vs Java vs C#
Just a bit of a rant really, not trying to start any wars or anything (just my personal opinions) I use powerbuilder for work, have been since version 5 we develop a suite of about 5 applications client/sever apps i have used java in my spare time for a similar sized application (just 1 app, not a suite of them) i have started using Visual C# 2005 because according to all the stuff i have read pb is going to dotnet and it would be a good idea to get the hang of things in dotnet before pb11 comes around the corner other langauges i have used alot are perl and php my com...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder vs MS SQLServer - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles